The Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

The Club

From the little I know we are squeaky clean.
One player with a speeding ticket from last week.
One player having a tad of problems on the marital side.
Two players with a touch of gastro.

No breaking news here, just a group of blokes that will be giving everything on Sunday. Will probably struggle however. Probably the biggest news is GWS didn't send a "spy" down this week but Gold Coast did.

PJ
SS Life Member

Re: The Club

Tony, "Will probably struggle". Is that the view of the club?

Are we admitting defeat already?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

God bless you Tony...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

PJ wrote:Tony, "Will probably struggle". Is that the view of the club?

My view totally. I know what the clubs view and strategy for the year is but I'll keep that to myself. Sorry.
What I can give you is a bit of last years as it's not giving away secrets. They put the first 12 rounds into groups of three and the optimistic view was trying to win two out of every three weeks. If you look back it was a fairly reasonable outlook as the thought was if we won two the players being young and inexperienced would probably struggle week in and out and the club would then focus on the next set of three. Course it didn't happen but that was the plan.

PJ
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:

My view totally. I know what the clubs view and strategy for the year is but I'll keep that to myself. Sorry.
What I can give you is a bit of last years as it's not giving away secrets. They put the first 12 rounds into groups of three and the optimistic view was trying to win two out of every three weeks. If you look back it was a fairly reasonable outlook as the thought was if we won two the players being young and inexperienced would probably struggle week in and out and the club would then focus on the next set of three. Course it didn't happen but that was the plan.
Cheers Tony thanks for the insight.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Big Tone Loc speaks the troof. Reprezentin'.

elizabethr
Club Player

Great inside view
much appreciated .

nothing to say
Saint wagga
Club Player

Thanks Tony, love the insider view! It makes this forum that much more insightful!!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Marital problems and speeding tickets sound like a recipe for disaster. What a terrible culture our current crop of players are cultivating.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Marital problems and speeding tickets sound like a recipe for disaster. What a terrible culture our current crop of players are cultivating.
Oh no, are they cultivating a crop ? Typical!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
matrix
Saintsational Legend

and i do believe its pretty close to harvest time
8-)

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:and i do believe its pretty close to harvest time
8-)
thource???

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

it's always nice to get a genuine inside feel of things without giving away any secrets, so thanks Tony for that over time.

Last year's plan was always going to be far too optimistic.

Let's hope for a reasonable first half year (close losses are acceptable), but lack of effort is not. Youth and enthusiasm should help in the first half of the year. Skills, or lack of, is my real worry - it destroys confidence.

Here's to an enjoyable Sunday for Saints fans :D :D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:

So the club hoped they could win 8 out of 12? Or was that in a hope that we'd win half (ie. 6)?

That must've been what No Limits means - hair brained thinking. At least we don't have No Limits this year!

Fair dinkum that was crazy thinking. Delusional Tony. And yes, I would've said that a year ago. I understand we wouldn't be going for anything close to that this year though.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Target selling jumpers for $70 so will go over to the mall and try and get a new one today. I have an old one from 2001 my sister bought me at an action, sined by players and coach.

My wife reckons they won't have them instore (some sort of Qld thing lol) so may have to get it online. But hopefully they'll have some.

Will wear it proudly at Gallipoli on Anzac Day. It will keep me warm anyway lol.

And we aren't cheats like other parasitical clubs...

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
tony74 wrote:

So the club hoped they could win 8 out of 12? Or was that in a hope that we'd win half (ie. 6)?

That must've been what No Limits means - hair brained thinking. At least we don't have No Limits this year!

Fair dinkum that was crazy thinking. Delusional Tony. And yes, I would've said that a year ago. I understand we wouldn't be going for anything close to that this year though.
Yep they should have just given up and not tried to win at all.

Before injuries took its toll we were on track to be 4-2 coming up to Anzac day.

But you reckon they are delusional.

So they should have no goals or targets according to you.

Fair Dinkum

You are garbage - Enough said