Josh Bruce has gone mad.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Josh Bruce has gone mad.

Deserves its own thread.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Trixilver
Club Player

Re: Josh Bruce has gone mad.

Had a terrific game. If only he slotted that one though.

Dempster also took a great grab afterwards. Anyone have a link for that one?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Has he got anything to worry about swatting that bug?
Last edited by 8856brother on Mon 06 Apr 2015 12:21am, edited 1 time in total.

Saintsational Legend

Great thread. He could be the most dynamic forward since Gehrig. He has the vibe.
Great mark, jumped well above the GWS shoulders, no use of hands to steady, didn't take the mark on the chest, big fall. Textbook screamer.

And yeah, Dempster would be awesome any other day hahaha.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
andrewg
Club Player

Won a few people over when he smashed Bugg after he took his free kick....loved it! Stuff like that just doesn't happen enough any more.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Won a few people over when he smashed Bugg after he took his free kick....loved it! Stuff like that just doesn't happen enough any more.
After he took that specie you could almost see the confidence flow through him and he was leaping for everything making GWS defenders go up in numbers. But he needs to be putting in a really consistent effort for weeks on end before you would consider him a first choice forward. But we have a long way to go and he's a part of the jigsaw puzzle for sure.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

One of the best marks I have seen at our club for a while but he had no excuse to miss that important goal and even less excuse to give Bugg a down the ground free. Bet AR wasn't happy about either of them.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:One of the best marks I have seen at our club for a while but he had no excuse to miss that important goal and even less excuse to give Bugg a down the ground free. Bet AR wasn't happy about either of them.
He had some excuse for dropping Bugg let's not be a total clown. Bugg and GWS needed to be shown that wasn't on.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:One of the best marks I have seen at our club for a while but he had no excuse to miss that important goal and even less excuse to give Bugg a down the ground free. Bet AR wasn't happy about either of them.
He had some excuse for dropping Bugg let's not be a total clown. Bugg and GWS needed to be shown that wasn't on.

No he didn't. And I reckon AR would not have liked it. I think the Bugg incident on Rooy was an accident but others don't. Be interested in what the MRP do with it. I reckon Bruce could have got more pleasure on Bugg had we won the game and he could have told him so. I think that is better than giving away silly frees.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

No he didn't. And I reckon AR would not have liked it. I think the Bugg incident on Rooy was an accident but others don't. Be interested in what the MRP do with it. I reckon Bruce could have got more pleasure on Bugg had we won the game and he could have told him so. I think that is better than giving away silly frees.
Wonder why it wasn't a free either. I have no issue with what Bruce did he flew the flag for his skipper.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Wonder why it wasn't a free either. I have no issue with what Bruce did he flew the flag for his skipper.

And I gather that is one of the reasons you have never been a coach or an assistant. Should have been a free to Rooy.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

And I gather that is one of the reasons you have never been a coach or an assistant. Should have been a free to Rooy.
That's where you'd be wrong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
That's where you'd be wrong.

I doubt it. Don't know many if any coaches who would want that in a close game. What hurts a player more? A late bump or maybe beating them? What would Rooy have rathered after the game? We won or you should have seen the late bump Bruce did on Bugg?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

I couldn't disagree more with the second. Discipline is all very well but at this point in our development it's more about team psychology. Us vs them is a classic way to bond a group together. Think back to the Hawthorn vs Essendon "Line in the Sand" game - in many ways that was the foundation of Hawthorn's current success. If you can get the team playing for each other then you've got something to work with.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
I couldn't disagree more with the second. Discipline is all very well but at this point in our development it's more about team psychology. Us vs them is a classic way to bond a group together. Think back to the Hawthorn vs Essendon "Line in the Sand" game - in many ways that was the foundation of Hawthorn's current success. If you can get the team playing for each other then you've got something to work with.

The line in the sand game was completely different. The Hawks couldn't win and it was more than just a simple free up the ground. As if that little incident by Bruce will have any bonding effect at all. It was hardly and earth shattering incident and will never be spoken about again apart from AR having a quiet word to him. The line in the sand game still gets spoken about.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Josh is cool. He has put a bit of spunk back in the team , I heard AR loved it .

Kate
Club Player

I didn't see Bruce put down Bugg. But I thought at the time that whoever did it deserved a pat on the back. Bruce is coming along nicely.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

No problem with splattering the Bugg after his disgraceful cheap shot.

In the context of the game it was not on. In the context of where our club's development is, it was terrific.

It say, you try to bully, and take out our leaders, you will cop it back. You will probably beat us as we are young inexperienced and lacking polish, but dont try that cheapshot s***.

It says young leaders likeBruce and Mav Weller (who flew the flag as well) will protect their mates.

Anyone who thinks its OK to see your inspirational captain taken out by a charge in the back and the team meekly allos it to happen, really has little or no respect for our team or Riewoldt.

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with that type of person. SHows a bit of a lack of ticker in my opinion

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:No problem with splattering the Bugg after his disgraceful cheap shot.

In the context of the game it was not on. In the context of where our club's development is, it was terrific.

It say, you try to bully, and take out our leaders, you will cop it back. You will probably beat us as we are young inexperienced and lacking polish, but dont try that cheapshot s***.

It says young leaders likeBruce and Mav Weller (who flew the flag as well) will protect their mates.

Anyone who thinks its OK to see your inspirational captain taken out by a charge in the back and the team meekly allos it to happen, really has little or no respect for our team or Riewoldt.

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with that type of person. SHows a bit of a lack of ticker in my opinion

So you think I have no respect for Rooy or the club? Huge call when you have never met me. Im sorry if I have a different opinion to you. I still say our coach wouldn't want it either. And you have no idea of my ticker. happy to have a drink with you so that you can see my ticker. You got that other personality on this week BM. Its hard to catch sometimes.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
Could not agree more.

Our inspirational captain playing his first game after his sister has died, gets poleaxed by a cheapshot directly in his back.

Bruce and then Mav Weller who came in and said to the dog Bugg and his mates - dont try that s*** with us.

Loved how Bruce stood over Bugg and told him about it.

I dont care about if it could have cost us the game. Last time I saw Riewoldt take out by those Scott thugs, nobody did anything bout it apart from Hammill.

We need to stand up for ourselves and not be bullied. Anyway the way the game was umpired we were never going to win.

Good on you Josh Bruce, stand up for your mates and captain, dont run away and hide like some would want you to do.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:No problem with splattering the Bugg after his disgraceful cheap shot.

So you think I have no respect for Rooy or the club? Huge call when you have never met me. Im sorry if I have a different opinion to you. I still say our coach wouldn't want it either. And you have no idea of my ticker. happy to have a drink with you so that you can see my ticker. You got that other personality on this week BM. Its hard to catch sometimes.
Did I mention you?
You really have a huge chip on your shoulder and think everything is about you?

And I would not drink with someone who makes veiled threats of violence on an internet forum.

You would only know if you have respect for Riewoldt or not. I am entitled tomy opinion without some strange egotist thinking every single post is directed towards them.

Good on you for once again wrecking a thread and making it all about yourself. Gunna make another threat?

Fair dinkum, you really need to get over yourself

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Did I mention you?
You really have a huge chip on your shoulder and think everything is about you?

And I would drink with someone who makes veiled threats of violence on an internet forum.

You would only know if you have respect for Riewoldt or not. I am entitled tomy opinion without some strange egotist thinking every single post is directed towards them.

Good on you for once again wrecking a thread and making it all about yourself. Gunna make another threat?

Fair dinkum, you really need to get over yourself

No you didn't mention me. You didn't have the ticker. But as im the only one who says Bruce shouldn't have done it then its not to hard to know you meant me. At least have the courage to say that. Even those who think im completely wrong would know you were talking about me. And where are the veiled threats of violence? The ticker was the courage to have a drink with someone who has just had a go at them. Like I said its hard to catch which you is you. Today and last night it was the other you.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Undisciplined perhaps, but it did wonders for team solidarity and commitment in our first game of what is going to be a very long, frustrating season.

They will all walk a little taller next week.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The MRP will look at both incidents but will not lay a charge in either, the first because there is an element of doubt regarding intention, albeit a small element, with Nick slightly backing into the player and the second because the impact was not of sufficient force to warrant laying a charge i.e. he wasn't hurt.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Undisciplined perhaps, but it did wonders for team solidarity and commitment in our first game of what is going to be a very long, frustrating season.

They will all walk a little taller next week.
+1

And Hamill being forward coach would have been proud.

Lost that battle (game) but a step closer to winning the war!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"