Dogs are ripe for the picking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Disch
Club Player

Dogs are ripe for the picking

Got a feeling after their big game last week, we are a chance of taking them down. Also with hopefully a few good ins for us, it all looks promising. Also think it might be a game where Longer and Hickey might click together. Any one else have some good vibes about this game?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dogs are ripe for the picking

Yep I do as well. Doggies are going great but coming off a huge game they maybe a little flat. We have been playing well without 2 of our best players and we get them back. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we get up. The odds seem pretty good.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Last time we got confident on here was after the GCS game... logic says the dogs are a much stronger team and will overcome soreness.

There were over 200 tackles in the Sydney-Dogs game last week compared to 132 from our game, so I think we are going to see a different level of pressure this week.

The Saints will be jekyll and hyde for the next 2 years with so many young players, so anything could happen any given week. Would love to see us competitive for 3-4 quarters again.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The Dogs had their big upset win of the year last week, now its back to normal. Saints comfortably by 2 points.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we said this about the Skunks.

4ever_saint
Club Player

I don't think we'll win but there has been A LOT of hype surrounding them this week. There's a chance of an upset if they've let all the talk get to their heads and we play as we did against Essendon (for 4 all quarters).

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

if we come out switched on anything can happen, but if we start slow we could be in for a flogging. Who will get the job on that Stringer? He's a good player

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The Dogs are on a high for the first time in years. I can't see them "having a let down" just yet.

It's up to our boys to "maintain the rage.' I am hoping that Rooyey can make the difference.

It will be all about "who breaks down first."

I think/hope that we are in with a good chance - consistency will be the key.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Happy if we can play 3 good quarters. A win is a bonus

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

just want another four quarter effort, if we do that we still might not win but we shouldn't be embarrassed.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

unfortuneately it will be the Bulldogs by 4 points.

I think we will have to wait to round 8 and WCE at Etihad for our next win, closely followed by Brisbane.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

unfortuneately it will be the Bulldogs by 4 points.

I think we will have to wait to round 8 and WCE at Etihad for our next win, closely followed by Brisbane.

loris
Saintsational Legend

The Disch wrote:Got a feeling after their big game last week, we are a chance of taking them down. Also with hopefully a few good ins for us, it all looks promising. Also think it might be a game where Longer and Hickey might click together. Any one else have some good vibes about this game?

I've got that feeling too 'The Disch', we could pinch the 4 points. :P

My concern is who will be our ins?

Love to see Rooey and Joey return to the team when they are fit. However, don't like the thought of them returning in the same match, especially against the Bullies, a hard running team. Roo & Joey's injuries would have stopped them doing a lot of endurance and contact work........... so I think it might be a bit of an ask to have two underdone players return for this match. If they are both ready I'd punt for one to play this week and the other to return the following week against the injury ravaged Eagles.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
The Disch wrote:Got a feeling after their big game last week, we are a chance of taking them down. Also with hopefully a few good ins for us, it all looks promising. Also think it might be a game where Longer and Hickey might click together. Any one else have some good vibes about this game?

Love to see Rooey and Joey return to the team when they are fit. However, don't like the thought of them returning in the same match, especially against the Bullies, a hard running team. Roo & Joey's injuries would have stopped them doing a lot of endurance and contact work........... so I think it might be a bit of an ask to have two underdone players return for this match. If they are both ready I'd punt for one to play this week and the other to return the following week against the injury ravaged Eagles.
Except we play Adelaide.

loris
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
loris wrote:

Except we play Adelaide.
Ooophs so we do P66 thnx.

The Disch
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:if we come out switched on anything can happen, but if we start slow we could be in for a flogging. Who will get the job on that Stringer? He's a good player
Maybe Dempster, he matches him for size. And is such a good reader of the ball in flight.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I hope everyone gets to the game on Saturday given members get in free. I just have a feeling it's going to be one of those glimsp of the future type matches where two young sides really hit it out in a cracking contest. Doggies could be ripe given how soggy the SCG was last week... Saints by 8.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I agree we are a chance
Although last Sunday wasn't overly physical endurance wise it was excessive.
Players from both sides were completely wrecked lying on the ground as if it was a draw.

It will be interesting.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Could be.

Or we could have an off week.

Rebuilds, hard to know until the opening bounce.

People were excited after the suns before we took on the the pies too.

We could win, will we....hope so :)

maverick
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Could be.

Or we could have an off week.

Rebuilds, hard to know until the opening bounce.

People were excited after the suns before we took on the the pies too.

We could win, will we....hope so :)
I wasn't excited pre pies
The suns game was very soft

The Disch
Club Player

dragit wrote:Last time we got confident on here was after the GCS game... logic says the dogs are a much stronger team and will overcome soreness.

There were over 200 tackles in the Sydney-Dogs game last week compared to 132 from our game, so I think we are going to see a different level of pressure this week.

The Saints will be jekyll and hyde for the next 2 years with so many young players, so anything could happen any given week. Would love to see us competitive for 3-4 quarters again.
Nothing wrong with confidence on a fan forum

gringo
Saintsational Legend

On a comparison of statistics we are ridiculously similar. They have probably played an harder draw so far. I heard on the radio they have a dream draw after the Sydney game with Terry Wallet saying the two games against us and Melbourne are freebies. I think it would be very easy for them to get ahead of themselves. We are a chance.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The Disch wrote:
dragit wrote:Last time we got confident on here was after the GCS game... logic says the dogs are a much stronger team and will overcome soreness.

I don't mind the confidence... But I'm not a big fan of the meltdowns after a 75 point loss, when everyone was very cocky beforehand.

The Disch
Club Player

dragit wrote:
The Disch wrote:

I don't mind the confidence... But I'm not a big fan of the meltdowns after a 75 point loss, when everyone was very cocky beforehand.
fair enough, but i don't think i've seen a post so far that is very cocky

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
The Disch wrote:

We had better leave Schnieder in then because they are hiding Shenton from us.