Seb Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aaron82
Club Player

Seb Ross

I am a massive buyer of this bloke and have been for some time as my old man knows. He will be an elite player for us. A number of times I saw him rove to Longer today, that is the future right there. That combination is going to be vital moving forward.

Ross has the ability to see things that many other players don't, he is very quick with his hands and is hard at it. Once he builds the tank ala Dave Armitage he will go to A grade very quick.

Last 10 games of this season could be the making of a star in my view

and that's the bottom line
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Seb Ross

The kid deserves the wrap that you have just given him. He has amazingly quick hands, and that little backwards flick kick out of the pack to an unguarded saint was pure magic.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Refer to my comments after the NAB cup match at Morwell when Seb did his hammy.

Was easily our best player at this stage and I named him as our big improver of the year. Now he is back I stand behind my comments (and I am pleased without feeling smug!).

I also said Bruce looked the goods up forward but needed to get more of the ball. Thankfully he has!

Saint supporter since '62
Rosco
Club Player

If he can work around his lack of pace a la Sam Mitchell he will be A grade. Good composure.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

aaron82 wrote:I am a massive buyer of this bloke and have been for some time as my old man knows. He will be an elite player for us. A number of times I saw him rove to Longer today, that is the future right there. That combination is going to be vital moving forward.

Ross has the ability to see things that many other players don't, he is very quick with his hands and is hard at it. Once he builds the tank ala Dave Armitage he will go to A grade very quick.

And that is why we need to keep playing youngsters, where they are up to it….
Would like to see a few more games into McKenzie, Eli, Wright and Minchington for example
It will help us immensely next year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
aaron82 wrote:I am a massive buyer of this bloke and have been for some time as my old man knows. He will be an elite player for us. A number of times I saw him rove to Longer today, that is the future right there. That combination is going to be vital moving forward.

Would like to see a few more games into McKenzie, Eli, Wright and Minchington for example

There is a balance though. Winning is also important and if they were to all play then winning may not happen. And I think the club have enough experience to know some either aren't ready or not good enough anyway. Unfortunately the last 3 of those may fall into the second category.

FQF
SS Life Member

He's really lifted, and possibly at the expense of Dunstan.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

FQF said :
He's really lifted, and possibly at the expense of Dunstan.
Definitely lifted a lot. I thought that he was a bit too slow and lacked impact. On the other hand, Dunstan seemed silky smooth and destined for great things, but has dropped off a bit. Clearly, it's too early to call on both players, but they are heading in the right direction.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

I think the evidence shows we are picking a good balance. Seb has done an apprenticeship and the progression has been as expected. We have a great deal of depth and guys holding their spots is just reward. Lee should get a go but can't, Paddy doesn't really deserve one of Bruce or Rooeys spots. Dustan probably is the one player that would be better off playing a full game at Sandy rather than being a sub. If Billings was fit I would swap them and put him on for the second half.