Let's call it what it is......cheating.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Let's call it what it is......cheating.

Just blatant cheating and they don't try and hide it. Arm chops ignored while non marks getting paid as marks resulting in goals the other way. It was 15-6 GWS way during the 3rd. We get to 16 down and Lonie and Bruce both get clearly infringed 20 out no free. It's just cheating and we keep copping it.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Let's call it what it is......cheating.

Can mod's sticky this and save Curly the trouble of starting it every week?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Just treat us equally that's all I ask.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I love Curly.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Good stuff curls.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I love Curly.
Has to be said it's just pathetic.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Yep they cheated but why do they only do it against us?

saint6709
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

That is the question

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

That is the question

I think its called watching a game through one eye or we all lack logic. Im going with the one eye.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Different rules for different clubs it's that simple. Watched Pies v Hawks frees to White and Blair when the Pies needed them were as soft as you'll get. Both resulted in goals. Now Bruce and Lonie were clearly infringed and both in clear view and both ignored. Fair enough they ignore the first but not two in five minutes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Different rules for different clubs it's that simple. Watched Pies v Hawks frees to White and Blair when the Pies needed them were as soft as you'll get. Both resulted in goals. Now Bruce and Lonie were clearly infringed and both in clear view and both ignored. Fair enough they ignore the first but not two in five minutes.
Makes completely no sense. I have no idea why you bother with the AFL if you really think that. I certainly wouldn't. Warburton still getting a bad deal? You really are unlucky.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Bioody Grant Thomas!
All his fault.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Different rules for different clubs it's that simple. Watched Pies v Hawks frees to White and Blair when the Pies needed them were as soft as you'll get. Both resulted in goals. Now Bruce and Lonie were clearly infringed and both in clear view and both ignored. Fair enough they ignore the first but not two in five minutes.
Makes completely no sense. I have no idea why you bother with the AFL if you really think that. I certainly wouldn't. Warburton still getting a bad deal? You really are unlucky.
Warby get a good deal the umpire that told our football manager he gives our full forward nothing because the umpires don't like him has been let go. All good.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Warby get a good deal the umpire that told our football manager he gives our full forward nothing because the umpires don't like him has been let go. All good.

Of course he did. Even when you hear things, you hear it with one ear.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Question was asked and the umpire replied. Guess he believed that umpires are above the law.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Question was asked and the umpire replied. Guess he believed that umpires are above the law.

Rather hilarious.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Difficult to wear glasses with only one ear.

We keep making excuses for them they ruined the last game we played in Melbourne. Bugg anyone.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:We keep making excuses for them they ruined the last game we played in Melbourne. Bugg anyone.

And I just thought it was our skills. I didn't think they ruined the last game we played but each to their own. I was pretty happy with 110 point win.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:We keep making excuses for them they ruined the last game we played in Melbourne. Bugg anyone.

And I just thought it was our skills. I didn't think they ruined the last game we played but each to their own. I was pretty happy with 110 point win.
You know what I was talking about. The in the back that wasn't there when Riewoldt left the field with whiplash which was given to them as a free kick that lost us a game by a couple of points. It was an outrageously s*** piece of umpiring. They actually dragged Leigh Fisher before the game today...I reckon we complained about last time so they got stuck into us or something.

FQF
SS Life Member

Rumour has it that the reason Leigh Fisher was pulled out of the umpiring team at the last minute was because he refused on principle to accept the firm AFL directive to subtly assist a GWS victory.

But seriously, it is indeed a long shot to claim that there is some hidden agenda, but there were a number of calls today that were both inconsistent and not in our favour. Very frustrating and could plausibly have have affected the result.

Freebird
Club Player

saint6709 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

That is the question
Not just us..depends on combination of umpires. Did you watch hawks today, umps were on for them today. Even got one for blocking when a player stood his ground in a marking contest.

We all know that historically umps all over the world cheat. St Kilda is not a popular side when it comes to AFL supporters I would think that would spill over to umps.

If you can't see us being pushed blocked and arms pulled/chopped and getting nothing then the other end sft c**k frees everywhere then you are either blind or just want to be politically correct. It does not happen in all games but we certainly don'y have a good run with the little pricks.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

FQF wrote:Rumour has it that the reason Leigh Fisher was pulled out of the umpiring team at the last minute was because he refused on principle to accept the firm AFL directive to subtly assist a GWS victory.

But seriously, it is indeed a long shot to claim that there is some hidden agenda, but there were a number of calls today that were both inconsistent and not in our favour. Very frustrating and could plausibly have have affected the result.
But seriously, the AFL is highly motivated to ensure AFL is successfull in the western suburbs of Sydney. They'll do about whatever it takes. Why is anybody surprised?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:
FQF wrote:Rumour has it that the reason Leigh Fisher was pulled out of the umpiring team at the last minute was because he refused on principle to accept the firm AFL directive to subtly assist a GWS victory.

But seriously, the AFL is highly motivated to ensure AFL is successfull in the western suburbs of Sydney. They'll do about whatever it takes. Why is anybody surprised?

How come they don't get favoured against all sides. How come we haven't had a game this year where we have been favoured. It lacks logic.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Personally I would like to see Curly get a 5 minute webcast on the Saints webpage where s/he analyses the frees like the 'Engine Room'.'
I am more than happy to collaborate.This would be quite funny. Get the big screen, pause it 'roll it'. 'The Adjudicator' or 'Curly's Corner'.