Saints petition !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Saints petition !

The St kilda football club should never trade with the essendon football club again !

I mean never ever ever ever again
It should be written into the clubs constitution
young players drafted to the club should be informed that if in future they wish to play with them they will have to wait until they are a free agent .
Same thing if an essendon player wants to come to us .
If because of this we miss out on a talented player , so be it .

It should be a petition that only members could sign .
Members need to get the club to stand up to those f @#$%$^&*&%$#####@@#$^^&(()))**&&&^^$ at esendon .

In red white and black from 73
sasaint
Club Player

Re: Saints petition !

Agree whole heartedly!

Patience young grasshopper
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Well everything I have heard on the matter in the media is painting Essendon as the bad guys. So calm ya farm everyone. Stop getting so defensive.
We as a club have done nothing wrong.
Jake, my boy, you will need to win me over I'm afraid

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Why would we limit our trading options by 6% each season and disadvantage ourselves against all other clubs?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

So if heppel nominated the saints when he iis out of contract we don't look at it?

Cmon

saynta
Saintsational Legend

sasaint wrote:Agree whole heartedly!
+1. never again.

ripplug66
Club Player

matrix wrote:So if heppel nominated the saints when he iis out of contract we don't look at it?

Cmon

Exactly. Luckily the club will continue to deal with all clubs.

darylcowie
Club Player

Regardless of who we trade with in future, I for one hope that we continue to conduct our dealings with privacy, discretion and due respect for rival clubs, just as we have done during this draft period.

Playing out deals in the media is very unprofessional indeed!

P.S. To trade with the bombers once could be viewed as careless, twice could be viewed as foolish, but three times would definitely be viewed as masochistic!

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:So if heppel nominated the saints when he iis out of contract we don't look at it?

Cmon
Only if we can check his snapchat first

You are garbage - Enough said
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Makes me think did BJ know this? If he did he surely would have told one of his ex team mates who should have passed it on, or as others say this is just another day in the off season for most Afl players

Before Im 85
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I'm really excited about Carlisle.
He has stagnated a bit in the past two years under the cloud of Hird/asada/wada and bombers.
Can you blame him for hating that place?
New place, new club, new coach and teammates.
I think he will improve 20% next year just by turning up and 30% with any level of commitment

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Cmon
I tell you what, it would want to be so weighted in our favour it's not funny. I say we do the free agency thing and get something back that way. Push the price of their players sky high or steal them for nothing. No dealing with Dildo. Same with Hawks. Help them keep there salary cap maxed.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

Cmon
I tell you what, it would want to be so weighted in our favour it's not funny. I say we do the free agency thing and get something back that way. Push the price of their players sky high or steal them for nothing. No dealing with Dildo. Same with Hawks. Help them keep there salary cap maxed.
Your suggestions have merit, even if somewhat unprofessional.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

far out brussell sprout.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:

Cmon

Exactly. Luckily the club will continue to deal with all clubs.

I know it wont happen as we have allot of very smart people running our club
The club statement this morning was very good and said all the club needed to say .

However how many times do you have to be re-fluted by one club before the penny drops .
Essendon as one the big clubs can afford more smart people than we have , so the next time should we just laugh and say " good one bombers , you've pulled the wool over our eyes again !"
All morning on the radio i've heard a bunch of smug pricks laughing at how inept the club is .
This year and next the club's slogan is about how " WE " as members want our club to " BE "
Well when another club s***s on the Saints
I want my Club to turn around and smack them in face .

In red white and black from 73
mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Makes me think did BJ know this? If he did he surely would have told one of his ex team mates who should have passed it on, or as others say this is just another day in the off season for most Afl players
goddard is not one of my favourite people.... but geez you cant blame him for everything

ps. this has all been hilarious. I hope you all never have to deal with something really earth shattering in your lives

Playon
Club Player

Well if they ever inquire about Billings again the opening bid will be 6 first rounders and we'll settle for 7
They already have a rep of being difficult to trade with, what goes around comes around.
Their bridges haven't been burnt yet but they're certainly on fire
They can suck up to Hawthorn.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cmon
Would NEVER happen.
I support the OP. People need to understand that Essendon think we are rabble. They think it is their god given right to screw us.
Over 100 years their w:l ratio against us 2:1. They honestly they think they are entitled to screw us. This is footy club culture. We are deluded if we dont acknowledge it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
gringo wrote:

Cmon

there is always a place for spite and malice. I'm hoping we get Machiavellian on their arses. Dodoro miked us and played tough. We need to get nasty too.

ripplug66
Club Player

gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
gringo wrote:

Cmon

there is always a place for spite and malice. I'm hoping we get Machiavellian on their arses. Dodoro miked us and played tough. We need to get nasty too.

Deal seemed good for us I reckon. I'm happy we got him. I don't care what Essendon get as long as we are happy and the club seem happy with the trade. Of course we should deal with them again. And the club will if it suits.

lefty
Club Player

Cmon
Yes, I don't give a rats whoever it is, good or not.

I don't want to ever deal with Essendon again.

Enough is enough, that was two first round draft picks, the first time we got bent over, and its 50-50 for the second.

Never again, funny fact is some people here already stated they didn't want Carlisle because of his questionable character, and because of the Lovett trade, and EXACTLY the same outcome occurred, yet some people ignored that :/

Time will tell if he actually gets himself back in line, either way we've gambled big time and now its our problem.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we should ask to join the VFL. FFS harden up. I hope Carlisle wakes up to himself and dominates fullback next year. We all deserve a break. I don't feel like a victim and I'm glad we got him. Time gor him to show some real character and become an outstanding footballer and person. He left Essendon and chose us. He is half way there.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Let's be honest, the only way to really stick it to Essendon is to have Carlisle play to his potential and ability next year and for once have another club talking about the trade where they got the short end of the stick.
We also stick it to them by having Carlisle being a member of our next premiership side, whilst Essendon struggles to recapture their glory days under Sheedy.
That's what I want from this, and to be honest, before the drug thing came about, I was thrilled that a player who would walk into any other team in the competitions first 22 chose us, the last time I can remember that happening was when Hammil and Gehrig joined us back in 2001.
So why some of us may be lamenting a problem child, we need to have the confidence that Alan Richardson can do a much better job with this guy than James Hird. At least we wont be taking him off site to pump him full of God knows what.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

+1.......

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!