Effing bastard AFL lovechild team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Effing bastard AFL lovechild team

Nuff said

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stkmo
Club Player

Re: Effing bastard AFL lovechild team

Horrible disposal and decision making from our end.

Simple as that.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Wait till they get another elite midfielder with collingwoods first pick.

The_President
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Nuff said

You're an idiot

<poster Pm'd>

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Wait till they get another elite midfielder with collingwoods first pick.
Yep. We aint seen nothing yet. They have Jacob Hopper and Matthew Kennedy to come in and then they will get another top 4 pick from Collingwood this year.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

You cant say anything we along with all the other clubs agreed to all those draft picks to be given to them and gold coast

Before Im 85
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Nuff said

You're an idiot

<poster Pm'd>
Donald, you have a toupe.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

They will win multiple flags before we win our second that's for sure

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:They will win multiple flags before we win our second that's for sure
They are proving Silvagni is a good recruiter, let's see what he does at Carlton.

Go the Giants, Silvagni seems to have done a better job than Scott Clayton has at the Suns. :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I concur with the sentiments of this thread's title. These plastic clubs are designed to roger us right up the clacker. In introducing these Frankenstein's monster-type entities e.g. GWS and GCS, it was one of the AFL's intentions to make it increasingly more difficult for struggling Melbourne-based clubs. Would love to be proved wrong about this.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

At this point in time everything points to GWS being a powerhouse for the next decade and GC following the other other sporting teams on the GC (United, Titans, Bears) and being a basket case for decades.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:I concur with the sentiments of this thread's title. These plastic clubs are designed to roger us right up the clacker. In introducing these Frankenstein's monster-type entities e.g. GWS and GCS, it was one of the AFL's intentions to make it increasingly more difficult for struggling Melbourne-based clubs. Would love to be proved wrong about this.
Commercial expansion is their primary objective. Grow the market = more money from sponsors and TV rights. Clubs like St.Kilda, North, Dogs, Dees are collateral damage to their primary objective. Just like the stadium deal we are shafted at the altar of commerce. No different to society in general where truth, equity and community are sacrificed for the powerful and rich to be more powerful and rich.

citywest

st.byron wrote:
Sainternist wrote:I concur with the sentiments of this thread's title. These plastic clubs are designed to roger us right up the clacker. In introducing these Frankenstein's monster-type entities e.g. GWS and GCS, it was one of the AFL's intentions to make it increasingly more difficult for struggling Melbourne-based clubs. Would love to be proved wrong about this.
Commercial expansion is their primary objective. Grow the market = more money from sponsors and TV rights. Clubs like St.Kilda, North, Dogs, Dees are collateral damage to their primary objective. Just like the stadium deal we are shafted at the altar of commerce. No different to society in general where truth, equity and community are sacrificed for the powerful and rich to be more powerful and rich.
This why St Kilda has to push on with New Zealand and make it work. One Nab cup game in Feb, ANZAC day and another home game towards the end of July each year will secure our club for the immediate to long term.

North have Tassie, Bulldogs have Ballarat and Melbourne have Cairns plus a nice money earner ANZAC eve. If we let NZ slip we are goneski.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
st.byron wrote:
This why St Kilda has to push on with New Zealand and make it work. One Nab cup game in Feb, ANZAC day and another home game towards the end of July each year will secure our club for the immediate to long term.

North have Tassie, Bulldogs have Ballarat and Melbourne have Cairns plus a nice money earner ANZAC eve. If we let NZ slip we are goneski.
We are trying to get back into NZ

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

They have no base now

When they are premiers a few bandwagoners will jump on, even some fickle Swans supporters will jump on

As soon as they are rubbish because there players want to return to Melbourne

They'll be like Brisbane... Who won three flags in a row

They will always be 3rd fiddle to
Penrith, Parramatta
And
WSW who will be one of the biggest clubs in Aus soon

GWS, Bris and GC... Lesser extent Sydney... )Enough ex Vic heritage people to keep them going)
Will all be in debt and basket cases
One or two will fold

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

The advantages they have, there is really no excuse for failure. Crazy number of draft picks, an "academy" with rich pickings they get first dibs on, AFL pumping money into them. You hope the pressure will build on them a bit like GC with people asking why they aren't further ahead with the picks they have had access to. ANd they can only have 22 players in their firsts no matter how many picks they get. YEs it gives them crazy depth but also can create disharmony.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:They have no base now

When they are premiers a few bandwagoners will jump on, even some fickle Swans supporters will jump on

As soon as they are rubbish because there players want to return to Melbourne

They'll be like Brisbane... Who won three flags in a row

They will always be 3rd fiddle to
Penrith, Parramatta
And
WSW who will be one of the biggest clubs in Aus soon

GWS, Bris and GC... Lesser extent Sydney... )Enough ex Vic heritage people to keep them going)
Will all be in debt and basket cases
One or two will fold
Wanderers yes are strong but they need to do something about their "bad" supporters, there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest many people are stopping atttending their games

Just quietly GWS have almost the same number of members as Penrith.

And in Sydney you really undersell the enthusiasm for our game. It is not 1984 anymore.

League is a dying sport

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
You nailed it right there, St.Byron!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:They will win multiple flags before we win our second that's for sure
We played crap football all day and still outscored them from quarter time to just before three quarter time even with the maggots gifting them goals.

I was not impressed with GWS but even less impressed with our performance

saynta
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
st.byron wrote:

they are rugby supporters.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Hadn't see the Ravioli cheat bump before - disgusting little flog. And the free to Gibson against Tex was embarassing too

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

League is a dying sport?

I don't think so Tim

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:League is a dying sport?

I don't think so Tim
It's struggling dreadfully at grass roots - got a strong write up in the Daily Tele - can't link it and don't subscribe but this was the teaser.

"Thugs driving kids away from NRL

RUGBY league junior registration numbers are on the decline. At the same time AFL and soccer are on the rise. This doesn’t require a major investigation to reveal why, writes Buzz Rothfield."

TV strongish but not as dominant as it used to be. AFL and especially soccer have massive numbers at grass roots, think it will manifest as a real growth in the supporter base.

But for all that, GWS are still a novelty and have a tenuous foothold at best at the moment.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Kids don't like the tough stuff??

I did when I was a kid... It drew me to footy.

If I was a cat, I would have player bball, tennis or golf.

Cricket and Footy take a certain amount of courage, and there is a risk of getting hurt. It's what gets the heart pumping.

Rugby is fine
I lived in Sydney, it's a sport that is well embedded within the culture of the state. 100 years of history will ensure Rugby continues to dominate the NSW landscape