buying tickets on ebay

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

truman

buying tickets on ebay

Hello fellow Sainters. I was a member on here years and years ago but sadly my life became hectic and I didnt have time for football anymore.

Anyway the kids have grown up and Im looking to take the wife to the game this Saturday and making a night of it.

Just wondering if its better to wait until Saturday morning to buy tickets on ebay? Are they generally cheaper then as the seller is desperate to get rid of them? i was thinking of maybe getting medallion club tickets and having dinner there before the game?

or should I buy normal tickets via ticketek? They only seem to have seats on level 2 in front of the goals left. Are these good seats? Or level 3 wing seats, are they any good?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: buying tickets on ebay

Level 2 infront of the goals is better than level 3 IMHO

Just get there however you can.

PS If you don't mind the 1 kilometre walk, park at Harbour Town, eat at Monster Burgers there and then walk across for the game. Parking is $10.00 and the burgers around $12.00-$15.00.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saint-stu
Club Player

Everyone has their own preference, but I like being high up as you can see the whole game. Level 2 is the best, but fairly expensive. Level three in the front few rows is pretty good too. I prefer the wing to behind the goals. Never tried ebay, and have always bought on ticketek for away games. Buying at the game is painful with the queue and you're likely to miss the start if you don't get there early.

1ac46a38
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

truman wrote:Hello fellow Sainters. I was a member on here years and years ago but sadly my life became hectic and I didnt have time for football anymore.

Anyway the kids have grown up and Im looking to take the wife to the game this Saturday and making a night of it.

Just wondering if its better to wait until Saturday morning to buy tickets on ebay? Are they generally cheaper then as the seller is desperate to get rid of them? i was thinking of maybe getting medallion club tickets and having dinner there before the game?

or should I buy normal tickets via ticketek? They only seem to have seats on level 2 in front of the goals left. Are these good seats? Or level 3 wing seats, are they any good?

Thanks,
Are you taking her to a hotel for the night afterwards?

You may was we'll celebrate us ruining that little turds game properly!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
truman

Thanks for the replies. A hotel would be nice but we just got back from two weeks driving around Tassie so its not in the budget.

I have my own "secret" parking spot only a short stroll from the ground that we always park at when we go to Docklands...and its free.

Im just not sure if I should wait until Saturday to see whats on ebay or buy somethign from ticketek now. Although they have no level 2 or 1 wing tickets left.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

truman wrote:Hello fellow Sainters. I was a member on here years and years ago but sadly my life became hectic and I didnt have time for football anymore.

Thanks,
I have sat in those seats on level 2 left of the goals. Did so for the Carlton game. They are fine.

truman

Well as luck would have it I found out that my exes new partner is n AFL member. He's also in the US on holidays so won't be going to the game. 9tigers supporter anyway).
My daughter contacted him and he gave her his bar codes for me to use (we get along well, he's a Decent bloke)
So I've got level 2 AIsle 46 row B tickets for the wife and I. AFL members section only had level 3 tickets left so it looks like it's going to be a huge crowd.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

truman wrote:Well as luck would have it I found out that my exes new partner is n AFL member. He's also in the US on holidays so won't be going to the game. 9tigers supporter anyway).
My daughter contacted him and he gave her his bar codes for me to use (we get along well, he's a Decent bloke)
So I've got level 2 AIsle 46 row B tickets for the wife and I. AFL members section only had level 3 tickets left so it looks like it's going to be a huge crowd.
You will be directly above the jiggster

Level 1, Aisle 47, Row c 31 & 32.

truman

Whos the Jiggster?? lol