We will be better than Footscray next season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We will be better than Footscray next season

They sacked their CEO just before the finals as he didn't see eye to eye with their Prez. You need the two on the same page.

The Boyd fiasco will also hurt them for a while yet.

Their coach is a sook and the injuries aren't always due to bad luck. Do they prepare their players adequately I wonder?

Anyway, I can't see them progressing in 2017 whilst we will. And we aren't far behind them now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Re: We will be better than Footscray next season

saintspremiers wrote:

Their coach is a sook
Really, so a coach shows some empathy towards his players and he is a sook

Such a pathetic term, you know it's not 1953 anymore, it's a term I rate just behind "flog" as a term used by people with insecurities

Are you going to denigrate a person for tearing up, I thought it was fantastic

People should be able to show their emotions without getting called a sook, it's not a sign of weakness it's a sign of emotional maturity

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

You'd hope so. They're only a VFL club.

I note that alot of people call Rooey a "sook" because he shed a few tears, I wish I had his courage, as would 99% of others.
Really like Bevo and think he's done a great job with the Doggies who have been cruelled with injuries.
I hope we are a better team than them next year, but would not begrudge them success if we can't make it.

Nee!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Alas, the Dogs will be playing finals this season and we won't as we blew any chance we had due to a few rubbish performances.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we shouldn't worry about our rivals yet just so our supporters have bragging rights. Focus on doing the rebuild right no matter where we finish. Patience is the key. I'd rather brag about winning a flag before them than trying to leap frog them next year in an unsustainable way.

Boyd is only 20 or something and huge unit. He doesn't look the most athletic but he could still be that pack splitter they need. If they can fit them all in their cap then what he is paid is a bit of mute point

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Their coach is a sook
Really, so a coach shows some empathy towards his players and he is a sook

Such a pathetic term, you know it's not 1953 anymore, it's a term I rate just behind "flog" as a term used by people with insecurities

Are you going to denigrate a person for tearing up, I thought it was fantastic

People should be able to show their emotions without getting called a sook, it's not a sign of weakness it's a sign of emotional maturity
I wasn't referring to that incident. Jumping to conclusions you fool

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

really... so what then.. because that is how it reads

by the way I may well be an idiot but I am no fool

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Box head Luke Darcy put Boyd's contract on the agenda. Anyone else wondering if it was Footscray or 'someone' in the club asking the duke to put a little media pressure on Tom Boyd to renegotiate his contract for the 'dogs? I've never seen anything like it frankly.... Borderline attempting to publicly intimidate a player into a lesser contract before the contract period has ended. Can anyone else think of that happening to another player?
Last edited by prwilkinson on Wed 03 Aug 2016 6:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Boyd should come out and tell Darcy we couldn't care less what he has to say. Furthermore he should remind Darcy of Terry Wallace's comment saying Darcy was soft. Call him a poopy head too.
Wouldn't it be funny if we got both Carlisle and Hurley from under the dogs noses because Boyd took all their money

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ridiculous to speculate in that fashion. The Bulldogs have been BELTED with injuries, and with a fit list next season, and barring injuries, will again make finals. We also have the potential to be joining them there! Who knows? They have the nucleus of a great side, and anyone with a brain can see that.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:Ridiculous to speculate in that fashion. The Bulldogs have been BELTED with injuries, and with a fit list next season, and barring injuries, will again make finals. We also have the potential to be joining them there! Who knows? They have the nucleus of a great side, and anyone with a brain can see that.
Yeah, dogs will be up for a while. We're catching up... but still have a ways to go. The way the dogs went down swinging last week against the cats with half a reserves team playing.... Got to really respect that kind of team spirit.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Ridiculous to speculate in that fashion. The Bulldogs have been BELTED with injuries, and with a fit list next season, and barring injuries, will again make finals. We also have the potential to be joining them there! Who knows? They have the nucleus of a great side, and anyone with a brain can see that.
Who said they'll be injury free next year

We've had two years running of low injuries. I don't believe it's just bad luck. It's bad management also.

And Dave you've totally doscounted their shambolic board

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hmmmmm "shambolic board"...... now just remind me again SP, WHO else has a history of "shambolic boards" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Hmmmmm "shambolic board"...... now just remind me again SP, WHO else has a history of "shambolic boards" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"What you talkin' 'bout Willis??!!" :wink:

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:They sacked their CEO just before the finals as he didn't see eye to eye with their Prez. You need the two on the same page.

The Boyd fiasco will also hurt them for a while yet.

Their coach is a sook and the injuries aren't always due to bad luck. Do they prepare their players adequately I wonder?

Anyway, I can't see them progressing in 2017 whilst we will. And we aren't far behind them now.
I don't expect a big 2017 from us to be honest.

I think we'll also have a 'meh' 2018 whilst we adjust to LAR (Life After Reiwoldt).

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

And it continues. Brett Montgomery their senior assistant coach sacked today.

What a friggin shambles of a club. A rabble. Going nowhere this year and probably next.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:And it continues. Brett Montgomery their senior assistant coach sacked today.

What a friggin shambles of a club. A rabble. Going nowhere this year and probably next.
I always rated Monts from a kid when I played a Div 1 Inter League game against his coached side and they flogged us. He then came over and spent time with our coach and gave us a quick spreal which being an ex- AFL player I thought was great. I wonder if our club would be interested in him - has heaps of experience.

Also think Beveridge is the coach with the alleged gambling/drinking issues his club/AFL are concerned about?

Agree with OP we will finish higher than the Dogs next year!

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:And it continues. Brett Montgomery their senior assistant coach sacked today.

I always rated Monts from a kid when I played a Div 1 Inter League game against his coached side and they flogged us. He then came over and spent time with our coach and gave us a quick spreal which being an ex- AFL player I thought was great. I wonder if our club would be interested in him - has heaps of experience.

Also think Beveridge is the coach with the alleged gambling/drinking issues his club/AFL are concerned about?

Agree with OP we will finish higher than the Dogs next year!
Well I've heard bevo has a few namesakes at his local on a Wednesday nights. Didn't think it was an issue though.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!