Players strengths and weaknesses

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Players strengths and weaknesses

Strengths (3) and Weaknesses (3) of all our players. Pick one player each. I'll go first.

Nick Riewoldt
Strengths
1. Running
2. Marking
3. Leadership

Weaknesses
1. Kicking for goal
2. Too brave
3. nothing else

summertime and the living is easy ........
Rosco
Club Player

Re: Players strengths and weaknesses

Roo has kicked 119-50 in the last three years - 70%

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Every one except Dangerfield has one common weakness...
4. They are only human (unlike Dangerfield).

elizabethr
Club Player

samoht wrote:Every one except Dangerfield has one common weakness...
Danger is only human...he is very poor and unaccountable when his team are defending.

nothing to say
samoht
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:
Danger is only human...he is very poor and unaccountable when his team are defending.
I wouldn't call him unaccountable. When i said he's not human, I exaggerate to emphasise of course - but he's not a machine either.
The extra distances he runs and carries and then kicks the ball more than makes up for the occasions here and there where he cannot find the energy (understandably) to defend.

Also, the extra metres he gains means his team does not need to defend as much. His defence is attack and he switches defence into attack more than any other player - keeping his team on the front foot, whenever he can.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

McClunkin

Strengths
1. One grab player
2. Good kick around ground and for goal (not sure if AFL stats back that up back I can assure you it's true)
3. True leader who is a fierce competitor

Weaknesses

1. Keeps getting concussed
2. Needs a bigger tank to get to more contests
3. Diabetes can't help, as Richo has stated they can't just smash him they need to layer his progress

To keep this going I'm going to nominate the next player

Blake Acres

supersaints
Club Player

samoht wrote:
elizabethr wrote:
I wouldn't call him unaccountable. When i said he's not human, I exaggerate to emphasise of course - but he's not a machine either.
The extra distances he runs and carries and then kicks the ball more than makes up for the occasions here and there where he cannot find the energy (understandably) to defend.

Also, the extra metres he gains means his team does not need to defend as much. His defence is attack and he switches defence into attack more than any other player - keeping his team on the front foot, whenever he can.
Did you see the Saints Geelong game?
Seb Ross played on Dangermouse the whole game and beat him hands down. So he is beatable.
Seb got three Brownlow votes. Seb hurt him on the rebound Dangermouse does not turn back to chase if the ball gets turned over he runs forward to get the one two... Everyone is beatable Seb showed how to beat him.. If my memory's correct I called Dangermouses only weakness on a thread on "how do we stop Dangerfield.."
The coaches would no every opposition players weakness as well as there own players

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
supersaints
Club Player

samoht wrote:
elizabethr wrote:

Did you see the Saints Geelong game?
Seb Ross played on Dangermouse the whole game and beat him hands down. So he is beatable.
Seb got three Brownlow votes. Seb hurt him on the rebound Dangermouse does not turn back to chase if the ball gets turned over he runs forward to get the one two... Everyone is beatable Seb showed how to beat him.. If my memory's correct I called Dangermouses only weakness on a thread on "how do we stop Dangerfield.."
The coaches would no every opposition players weakness as well as there own players

Go Sainters !!!!!
samoht
Saintsational Legend

Seb Ross is a champ, that was a great game! Dangerfield still had 29 possessions - but Seb took the honours and definitely curbed his influence.

supersaints
Club Player

samoht wrote:Seb Ross is a champ, that was a great game! Dangerfield still had 29 possessions - but Seb took the honours and definitely curbed his influence.
More than curbed his influence... And more than took the honors, I watched the game I'm not fought up with the media frenzy Seb got the three Brownlow votes ...I believe that equates to best on ground? Dangermouse got jack s***... He is unaccountable defensively , the best offensive player in the league IMO ....but there lies his weakness, it's plain to see

Go Sainters !!!!!
samoht
Saintsational Legend

The best offensive player in everyone's opinion(not just yours). His 32 possession average in 2016 probably equates to 50 possessions - such is the impact of the extra metreage he delivers.
Offence is the best form of defence, as they say - and so the best offence (which is what he brings) = (the best form of defence) to the power of 2. :wink:
Notwithstanding all this, Seb to lower Dangerfield's colours once again - and keep rendering him into a Safefield or Saferfield.