One Year on - 30% change

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

One Year on - 30% change

Just noticed that there are 7 changes from this (the Port) game from last year: out Brown, Roberton, Carslisle, Acres, Lonie, White, and Bruce. In Austin (who coincidently was dropped by Port for last year's event), Joyce, Gilbert, Clark, Wright, Armitage and McCartin. I found it pretty interesting how volatile line ups are in relatively short periods. Must be hard to be a tactical coach and get that elusive consistency thing going. Would love to be able to pick the best seven from those 14 names and J. Battle. Anyway surely next year Port will have to play us in Melbourne. Longer taps to Gresham who snaps, hits the post, siren goes, Saints have won by a point! (we can dream, can't we).

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: One Year on - 30% change

Yes, and lf the seven, injuries aside, how many of them are doing better in 2018? Carlisle? McCartin to finally break out this week and kick six. Port buries their highlight reel of the last two minutes last year.

The prelim loss back in the Grant Thomas era (I hope that was in fact, GT era) still stings. What a wonderful win it would be this week.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: One Year on - 30% change

Put Nathan, Jake, Dylan and Blake in that side and I give us a chance to win.