2019 team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Barneysaint
Club Player

2019 team

This is how I would like the St kilda team to look like taking into consideration players we pick up in trade.

Lloyd from Sydney, Logan Coffield

Webster Carlisle Roberton

Ross Hannerbury Steele

Clarke Battle Gresham

Minchington Membury Long

Followers. Lycett Shiel from Gws, Steven

Interchange Geary, Mccartin, Savage , number 31.

I think we can get Lloyd from Sydney as he's not signing and could explore options, need to throw everything at Shiel and his going out with chocos daughter who should be at the saints next year, Lycett hopefully we can get, Hannerbury almost a done deal. I excluded Billings in the hope we trade him to Sydney as part of Lloyd deal and trading out Newans and Dunstan. McCartin needs another chance. Minchington in as always kicks goals when not injured and always knows where to run. Captain Hannerbury and vice is Roberton.
Last edited by Barneysaint on Sun 02 Sep 2018 2:27pm, edited 2 times in total.

older saint
SS Life Member

Re: 2019 team

ok so based on fact that i don't see any unrestricted free agents there what are we giving up for:

Shiel - guessing at least 1 first round pick ( would do in a heart beat)
Hannebury - ? Dunstan and newness aint getting it done
Llyod ( think you are saying Billings, will cost more than that)
Lycett - May be restricted free agent so perhaps just $$

Major concerns- No Steele - best mid in last 1/3rd of season, Minchington has big fan club but never played more than 3 good games in a row over 4 years, Making Hannebury a guy with questionable off field rep captain?,

Love that everyone has opinions on hear that leads to discussion but would hope this is not the rnd 1 team ( love to have sheil though)
Last edited by older saint on Sun 02 Sep 2018 1:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

older saint
SS Life Member

older saint wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 1:08pm ok so based on fact that i don't see any unrestricted free agents there what are we giving up for:

Shiel - guessing at least 1 first round pick ( would do in a heart beat) more likely 2019 also .
Hannebury - ? Dunstan and newness aint getting it done
Llyod ( think you are saying Billings, will cost more than that)
Lycett - May be restricted free agent so perhaps just $$

Major concerns- No Steele - best mid in last 1/3rd of season, Minchington has big fan club but never played more than 3 good games in a row over 4 years, Making Hannebury a guy with questionable off field rep captain?,

Love that everyone has opinions on hear that leads to discussion but would hope this is not the rnd 1 team ( love to have sheil though)

Barneysaint
Club Player

Whoops forgot Steele. Out goes lonie. Savage on bench.

Barneysaint
Club Player

Edited.

The_President
Club Player

Billings is criminally underrated on here.

if he played for another team people on here would be talking about trying to get him across because he is young, has talent but hasn’t quite put it all together yet.

But because we have him, everyone wants to try and trade him, just so we can try and find someone like him.

Incredible

The_President
Club Player

Billings is criminally underrated on here.

if he played for another team people on here would be talking about trying to get him across because he is young, has talent but hasn’t quite put it all together yet.

But because we have him, everyone wants to try and trade him, just so we can try and find someone like him.

Incredible

devil saint
Club Player

The_President wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 3:09pm Billings is criminally underrated on here.

Incredible
Agree wholeheartedly. If we lose him, it will be something we regret and lament for the rest of his career.

older saint
SS Life Member

The_President wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 3:09pm Billings is criminally underrated on here.

Incredible
Tend to agree also , wasnt helped this year when persisted with when needed to be dropped , made him look worse. Last half of season was quite good and actually impressed with his tackling , which wasnt a natural thing for him. I see him like Stevie J, not going to get 30 possessions but will get 20 that hurt, although 30% goal kicking is a major concern

Tommyj
Club Player

Trade billings for what you kidding if anybody we trade Ross

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Billings reminds me of Nick Dal Santo

Barneysaint
Club Player

I'm afraid nothing like him. Del Santo was a beautiful player to watch and knew where to run. Billings disposal let's him down. Del was a smarter player. Much smarter. He had a football brain. Billings doesn't.

takeaway
Club Player

Barneysaint wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 7:55am I'm afraid nothing like him. Del Santo was a beautiful player to watch and knew where to run. Billings disposal let's him down. Del was a smarter player. Much smarter. He had a football brain. Billings doesn't.
Can't agree with that. I would have Billings line ball with Dal Santo by age 23 and ahead if he could get his goal kicking to match his field kicking. Billings plays more half forward whereas Dal Santa was essentially mid - yet Billings stats more than match Dal Santos at same age. (not that stats really tell much). Billings is also playing in a poorer side. Billings certainly has a football brain, and I think over a full career he will be superior to Dal Santo, hopefully all games with the Saints.