Barret on Hannebery

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Barret on Hannebery

Anyone else seen his comments?

Basically made a comment that the Swans nearly fell off their chairs when the Saints added him to the LG. Richo was really pissed with the comments and stood up for Hannebery. Great stuff.

Barret...you are a flog that makes s*** up or majorly bends the truth.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Barrett on Hannebery

This was discussed on SEN - Timmy basically said - When he was not needed to be a leader (ie at the Swans) he was happy to be one of the boys, but when he saw the need, he started with a clean slate and stepped up at St Kilda - Who knows - it may be the truth - it may be spin.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Barret on Hannebery

I would say he has more credibility and inside knowledge about the AFL than anyone on here.

It also seems to coincide with other things that have been said.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

https://m.afl.com.au/video/2019-02-26/n ... -hannebery

Found the vid off afl.com.au. Around 2 min mark.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Absolute lowest of the low this drivel.

Toting an agenda to just destabilize and discredit.

Usually dont buy into this crap as I dont read his stuff. He is a flog. Seriously just ban him. No one talk to him.

And he will bleat about it in the press. Take the high ground and just repeatedly push the message that we refuse to speak to a tabloid journo...

f*** this guy.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Barrett on Hannebery

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:13pm This was discussed on SEN - Timmy basically said - When he was not needed to be a leader (ie at the Swans) he was happy to be one of the boys, but when he saw the need, he started with a clean slate and stepped up at St Kilda - Who knows - it may be the truth - it may be spin.
He was a VC at Sydney last year and most likely picked by the players and coaches.

Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

bigred wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:16pm Absolute lowest of the low this drivel.

Toting an agenda to just destabilize and discredit.

Usually dont buy into this crap as I dont read his stuff. He is a flog. Seriously just ban him. No one talk to him.

And he will bleat about it in the press. Take the high ground and just repeatedly push the message that we refuse to speak to a tabloid journo...

f*** this guy.
Hack journo like most of them. What a job. Making s*** up and warping the truth...and you get paid for it.

Total = 1.
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

This guy is one of the worst Journo's around.

He has a high profile but that's because he has strong opinions and is not afraid to bend the truth.

Frankly I think he has an agenda against the Saints as well, I don't say that lightly

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

TBH, I like this and if I were horse Longmire, I wouldn't be happy.

Good for motivation I think. DH won't cry in his soup. I only wish we were playing Sydney before Round 23 now.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I had a brief conversation with Longmire a few months back at a function and asked him about Hanners - he was pretty straightforward with his response that if he gets his body right he will be more than a handy pick up

Saints and Sydney seem to have a decent trading relationship that benefits both clubs - whilst Longmire didn't show any happiness or disappointment in losing Hanners you could sense by his response their was respect for him as a person/player

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
GilsAuPair
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:24pm I had a brief conversation with Longmire a few months back at a function and asked him about Hanners - he was pretty straightforward with his response that if he gets his body right he will be more than a handy pick up

Saints and Sydney seem to have a decent trading relationship that benefits both clubs - whilst Longmire didn't show any happiness or disappointment in losing Hanners you could sense by his response their was respect for him as a person/player
Of course he respects him. He will never forget that 2012 Grand Final. An unbreakable bond and respect after that performance.

But it is a big IF. A very big IF.

Can he get his body right and keep it right for 4 seasons?

Odds are against it. And that is the question the Saints face.

damienc
Club Player

GilsAuPair wrote: Thu 28 Feb 2019 12:53am
Devilhead wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:24pm I had a brief conversation with Longmire a few months back at a function and asked him about Hanners - he was pretty straightforward with his response that if he gets his body right he will be more than a handy pick up

Of course he respects him. He will never forget that 2012 Grand Final. An unbreakable bond and respect after that performance.

But it is a big IF. A very big IF.

Can he get his body right and keep it right for 4 seasons?

Odds are against it. And that is the question the Saints face.
Well said. Agree 100 percent

stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:14pm I would say he has more credibility and inside knowledge about the AFL than anyone on here.

More knowledge and credibility on others clubs, most likely, however not on the saints compared to some posters on here!!!!!

Genuine Flog who has history with both Dan and St.Kilda!!!!!

Grain of Salt statement by him!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Vazelos
Club Player

Swans think his hamstrings have massive issues and he wont play consistent healthy football & that is a fact.

manoffewwords
Club Player

Hmmmmmm
Will Hannebery be the next Jake Carlisle???

$$$$$$$$

Will have to wait and see what the facts are.

Maybe the reason for Sydney’s surprise.

Say something once why say it again?
saynta
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:10pm Anyone else seen his comments?

Basically made a comment that the Swans nearly fell off their chairs when the Saints added him to the LG. Richo was really pissed with the comments and stood up for Hannebery. Great stuff.

A serial flog actually and fuggly to boot. Creep.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:14pm I would say he has more credibility and inside knowledge about the AFL than anyone on here.

Not with me and I suspect the bulk of the football loving public. A stain on the game imho.

Even Richo called bulls*** on the flog's statement saying he doubted the truth of it.

As did Simon:

"Lethlean said he’d be “surprised if anyone with any credibility” from the Swans would have been bemused the Saints’ decision to add Hannebery to the leadership group.

“I’d be interested to know who it was that’s laughing about their vice-captain from last year and a 200-game player that’s much-loved by the club,” he said.

“It certainly wouldn’t have come from (coach) John Longmire, (chief executive) Tom Harley or (former CEO) Andrew Ireland and people that are respected in the football industry and I doubt it would come from a club like Sydney that have a great culture and great respect in football.”

So as I said Barrett is a flog not above lying his ugly face off.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The Swans are always consistently better than us...in just about every aspect....so I would take what they say and do seriously.

lewdogs
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:43pm The Swans are always consistently better than us...in just about every aspect....so I would take what they say and do seriously.
Looks like we did...

They had him Vice Captain and we put him in our leadership group.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

how thin skinned are people ?
Sydney couldnt move him off the list fast enough they did not even put up a token of a fight and were happy to get the points trade for a contracted player
remember he still had three years to run on his current contract

wonder how many people here would be happy with the saints if the deal was reversed for one of our 200+ AA champions and we only got a second rounder

but enough of that quibble
does no one want to comment on Lethleans other comment?
“He has always had a reputation about his social life that he has to deal with and the only way you can do that is by behaving well, pulling his head in when he needs to, training hard and performing like the three-time All-Australian player that he is.

Seeya
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:03pm

Not with me and I suspect the bulk of the football loving public. A stain on the game imho.

Even Richo called bulls*** on the flog's statement saying he doubted the truth of it.

As did Simon:

"Lethlean said he’d be “surprised if anyone with any credibility” from the Swans would have been bemused the Saints’ decision to add Hannebery to the leadership group.

“I’d be interested to know who it was that’s laughing about their vice-captain from last year and a 200-game player that’s much-loved by the club,” he said.

“It certainly wouldn’t have come from (coach) John Longmire, (chief executive) Tom Harley or (former CEO) Andrew Ireland and people that are respected in the football industry and I doubt it would come from a club like Sydney that have a great culture and great respect in football.”

So as I said Barrett is a flog not above lying his ugly face off.
If you’re asking me who is most likely telling porkies in that situation, the club has way more reasons to than Barrett.

When does a club ever throw a current player under the bus?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Thu 28 Feb 2019 11:59am Swans think his hamstrings have massive issues and he wont play consistent healthy football & that is a fact.
So what happened to the thorough medical leaving no stone unturned etc we heard about?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:01pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:10pm Anyone else seen his comments?

Saw him at the Sth Melb markets one Sunday morning Saynta. Had his glasses perched on the end of his nose and his sly little smug grin out one side of his mouth going. Wanker.

Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 28 Feb 2019 7:29pm
saynta wrote: Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:01pm

Saw him at the Sth Melb markets one Sunday morning Saynta. Had his glasses perched on the end of his nose and his sly little smug grin out one side of his mouth going. Wanker.
Who? Hanners?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

No. Barret. Years back.

Total = 1.