Saints v Geelong R1 2011 MCG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jays
Club Player

cant wait

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bring it on, really looking forward to seeing who makes the starting 22 after the NAB cup clashes :)

jamesmc
Club Player

Saints v Geelong

Is this round 28?

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

.. think i'll stay home and watch tom harley on the box, he's so good on the box, such a handsome man, really shines on screen, gorgeous smile, always comes off well and that thing he has going with commetts is brilliant, just brilliant!*

*i want to take a knife to his beady eyes and cave his ugly skull in with a bollard

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

ChicagoSaint wrote:.. think i'll stay home and watch tom harley on the box, he's so good on the box, such a handsome man, really shines on screen, gorgeous smile, always comes off well and that thing he has going with commetts is brilliant, just brilliant!*

*i want to take a knife to his beady eyes and cave his ugly skull in with a bollard
I like Tom Harley. Think he does a great job. And I'm being sincere.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:.. think i'll stay home and watch tom harley on the box, he's so good on the box, such a handsome man, really shines on screen, gorgeous smile, always comes off well and that thing he has going with commetts is brilliant, just brilliant!*

I like Tom Harley. Think he does a great job. And I'm being sincere.
Likewise, think he is great personally, though I agree with CS that he has got a gorgeous smile :wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

So, you want Ox to replace him :?: :evil: :twisted: :roll: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintnick12
Club Player

Really like Harley commentating....much more than when he was playing.
Have a new found respect for him.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
Quixote wrote:We'll prepare for this game like we prepare for any other.

There's another for points up for grabs.

If you're off your game by even 2-3% in AFL footy, you'll get found out pretty quick.

So we'll do our homework and go out and play Saints Footy.
Also, if the game is tight in the last quarter, our boys will be able to draw on the pain of the last two years and that should be enough to get them over the line.
Only if we can free up Fisher, Goddard and Gilbert to go forward...

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Eastern wrote:So, you want Ox to replace him :?:
dont care who replaces him once i have dumped his body into a hungry tank full of orcas.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:I like Tom Harley. Think he does a great job. And I'm being sincere.
I think so too; He was a Geelong player one year, and considering this, made an incredibly unbiased commentator the next.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints v Geelong

jamesmc wrote:Is this round 28?
Quality first post.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Harley was the highlight of the commentary teams in 2010, very astute.

He displays a brilliant football brain and when I went to the taping of their Ch 7 show on the Thursday night before GF1 you could see his intelligence was light years beyond that of Richo, Cuz and Hamish.

Would love to have had him at the Saints in the after-life but I think he's off to GWS (?).

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

brad johnson a big show at replacing harley, unthreatening (never won anything), big teeth, WBD will have more currency than a geelong moving forward, noted media performer.

hate harley, want to drive a barbed trident into his still beating heart and twist it until it acts as his liver :evil:

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I think, especially late in the season, Harley's special coments were just absolutely useless. He didn't add anything interesting to the commentary, didn't illuminate the game at all. Did anyone catch that time when he kept stuttering like a moron because he didn't want to talk over the umpire? He is very unsure and unconfident and he sits on the fence and doesn't say anything that carries any real weight.

On the round 1 clash with the cats, can't bloody wait and am very confident of victory!!!

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

hungry for a premiership wrote:I think, especially late in the season, Harley's special coments were just absolutely useless. He didn't add anything interesting to the commentary, didn't illuminate the game at all. Did anyone catch that time when he kept stuttering like a moron because he didn't want to talk over the umpire? He is very unsure and unconfident and he sits on the fence and doesn't say anything that carries any real weight.

On the round 1 clash with the cats, can't bloody wait and am very confident of victory!!!
+1 adds nothing, perpetuates uselessness and a distorted agenda.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote:I think, especially late in the season, Harley's special coments were just absolutely useless. He didn't add anything interesting to the commentary, didn't illuminate the game at all. Did anyone catch that time when he kept stuttering like a moron because he didn't want to talk over the umpire? He is very unsure and unconfident and he sits on the fence and doesn't say anything that carries any real weight.

I agree with both of you.

Well spoken, for sure, but zero insight and he really does sit on the fence as if he's trying not to offend anyone.

And the time he didn't want to talk over the umpires, I reckon I was as frustrated as Leigh Matthews obviously was at the time. If you have something to say just speak man!

He's almost too nice he's boring.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:

I agree with both of you.

Well spoken, for sure, but zero insight and he really does sit on the fence as if he's trying not to offend anyone.

And the time he didn't want to talk over the umpires, I reckon I was as frustrated as Leigh Matthews obviously was at the time. If you have something to say just speak man!

He's almost too nice he's boring.
Think of the alternatives though :shock:

I'd rather nice and eloquent....to lots of mumbly bumbly. :wink:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:
Also, if the game is tight in the last quarter, our boys will be able to draw on the pain of the last two years and that should be enough to get them over the line.
I never thought I could laugh about this but you have got me.......boy we should be able to do anything now with "double pain".
:lol: Ahhh yes! Double pain is far superior than that of flimsy singular pain! We'll absolutely dominate next season!!! :lol: :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!