Dons delist Jay Neagle, Bachar Houli

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter35
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Houli appears to be a reasonable prospect, but there again, so did Andrew Lovett :roll: Personally I think we need to be calm and considered in our approach to the draft. I'd be more in favour of blooding some of our CURRENT crop of kids during 2011 rather than go for taking a punt on a delisted player.
Houli is a totally different proposition to Lovett. Everything I've read about him suggests he's an outstanding character.

I don't think he'll ever have the ability of Lovett though. :(

You're right anyway, it's time to blood the kids.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I'd get all 3. What proof is there that Hird knows anything about footy and attitade and fitness. There are obviously many on here who know more than Hird.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:What proof is there that Hird knows anything about footy and attitade and fitness.
I reckon Hird would have absolutely no idea about attitade.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I'd get all 3. What proof is there that Hird knows anything about footy and attitade and fitness. There are obviously many on here who know more than Hird.

flower me albert...i think you just invented a new word....now if you could just let us in on what it means.....just a select few of us though :wink: :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I'd get all 3. What proof is there that Hird knows anything about footy and attitade and fitness. There are obviously many on here who know more than Hird.

flower me albert...i think you just invented a new word....now if you could just let us in on what it means.....just a select few of us though :wink: :wink: 8-)
Obviously you or JB have never made a spelling mistake. I meant to spell it as old cleaner.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Obviously you or JB have never made a spelling mistake. I meant to spell it as old cleaner.

now...if that last sentence makes sense to anybody...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:atkinson has pace
Yep he does...

and is the best of the lot when you consider wage restraints and fitness IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Yep he does...

That is true. He will be one of the fastest at Sandy and will get bugger all compared to most AFL players.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Yep he does...

That is true. He will be one of the fastest at Sandy and will get bugger all compared to most AFL players.
lol

He has the pace and may release a HB like Gram or similar to play more of a midfield role (that is if Gram gets his body right)

All I am saying he would be the cheap option out of those dumped by Essendon and he maybe worth a look very late in the draft

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:He has the pace and may release a HB like Gram or similar to play more of a midfield role (that is if Gram gets his body right)
gram is already a midfielder, and given the number of running half-back types in the squad, the last thing we need to do is recruit more. gilbert, fisher, clarke, dempster, geary, gram, goddard, gwilt, lynch, miles, peake, ray - all of these guys can plausibly be stuck on a half-back flank.

if we're recruiting recycled, i'd hope we'd be looking for a ready-made mid with good skills - but there aren't that many of them out there.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:He has the pace and may release a HB like Gram or similar to play more of a midfield role (that is if Gram gets his body right)
gram is already a midfielder, and given the number of running half-back types in the squad, the last thing we need to do is recruit more. gilbert, fisher, clarke, dempster, geary, gram, goddard, gwilt, lynch, miles, peake, ray - all of these guys can plausibly be stuck on a half-back flank.

if we're recruiting recycled, i'd hope we'd be looking for a ready-made mid with good skills - but there aren't that many of them out there.
none of the players you have mentioned have the pace to match atkinson...

so I really don't know what you mean that we have enough running half backs, unless you mean with out pace....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Yep he does...

lol

He has the pace and may release a HB like Gram or similar to play more of a midfield role (that is if Gram gets his body right)

All I am saying he would be the cheap option out of those dumped by Essendon and he maybe worth a look very late in the draft
Luckily we didnt have that idea of a late pick is worth bugger all in the years we got Fisher and Gwilt. Always have a ckuckle at people say we are paying nothing or bugger all. Yes there are plenty of duds at those years but we have had more success at those picks in the last 7 years than top 20 picks. Maybe we should give pick 24 for Atkinson and keep 124.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Yep he does...

lol

Luckily we didnt have that idea of a late pick is worth bugger all in the years we got Fisher and Gwilt. Always have a ckuckle at people say we are paying nothing or bugger all. Yes there are plenty of duds at those years but we have had more success at those picks in the last 7 years than top 20 picks. Maybe we should give pick 24 for Atkinson and keep 124.
No need to be sarcastic, all I have stated that out of the bombers that have been delisted, Atkinson would be the first the Club should look at, considering salary cap restraints and our apparent lack of pace...

Give it a rest with your constant sarcasm....

A poster mentioned his pace and I agree...

We lack pace compared to some teams and if we can secure a player very late in the draft with pace and has played a few games at the top level and averages 14 possessions a game and 4 tackles last year ...

The Club would be mad not to consider him as a possibility ...

He holds the Essendon speed test of 20m with a time of 2.73 Seconds previously jointly held by Alwyn Davey,

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

OK I'll take white

Another opportunity awaits!
rexy
SS Life Member

Atkinson may be a possibility for rookie list, Neagle is not a modern footballer IMO and Houli wants and will probably get , more than his worth.

Maybe this year?
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Houli appears to be a reasonable prospect, but there again, so did Andrew Lovett :roll:
At least you know Houli's not gonna blow it on the p!ss and get himself in a compromising sitch lick AL

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

A few things;

Kudos for Hird... coming in & going BANG! If you don't commit to his standards then you're gone. A very smart move, sacking 2 blokes that may be superfluous to the clubs needs but still makes the rest of the list think twide about cutting corners.

Neagle has the talent but is lazy & will always be so. On his ability alone you would look at him BUT has had numerous chances & always fallen back into bad habits.

Atkinson has pace but has hammys as dodgy as X.Clarke.

Houli will only nominate for the pre-season draft & will go to the Tigers. No chance in hell of us getting near him.

If the rumours about Eddy, Miles & Mini are correct then we may be clearing a spot for someone they have in mind. I'm not sure that Cam Bruce is the answer though... Hahn would be a huge improvement in the Eddy role.