Ross Lyon news on TFS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

realdeal
Club Player

Eastern wrote:What I found interesting about what Barrett said was;

There was a clause in Ross' contract. Both Barrett & Garry Lyon appeared to be very excited that this was a "BIG" story until James Brayshaw butted in and said that most coaches would have a similar cause. This seemed to get Barrett a bit miffed as it stuffed the story up.

Barrett admitted that he was "speculating" with this story even though both Ross & the club have said he is there for the long haul. The word "speculating" is interesting in this context. Is he calling Ross & Michael Nettlefold liars? Is "speculating" journo speak for trying to make something out of nothing? I would love to see Spud Frawley and/or Jason Dunstall take Barrett to task over this on air on MMM this weekend

I believe that there is way too much "speculating" in the media these days. I liken it to gambling; sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong. The only difference is that they are using the credibility of those they "speculate" about as their gambling comodity !!
There is an over saturation of Journo's involved in AFL all trying to justify their position.
They make up stuff, they guess and assume.
Barrett was already my least favourite.. who is he anyway. He's a dud. He's even worse then Jon Ralph and thats saying something!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ross lyon work up, kissed his wife and squeezed out a fart in the shower this morning.

thanks damien

twit

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Why does anyone care what the guy says unless you are actually worried. As far as I am concerned people can say what they like.
So 'journalist's' (those trained and those self appointed) have the Plugger stamp of approval to lie, cheat, distort, twist without fear of consequence and only in the name of entertainment.

Dumb.

What I want to know is why Ross and the club bother putting anyone on that hackneyed rubbishy variety hour. It's a nonsense program well past its due date and anything said or done on it is utter crap. Make a stand ST K. Stick your middle digit up at Eddie Corp and concentrate your energies on the important stuff.

That's what I reckon.
Did he do any of that. Anyway no one watches the show. I have been told that on many occasions. We are far to precious when things are mentioned about our club. What was said last night will not even get mentioned in any other media because it is a non story. The footy show is entertainment. Most news isnt news.
Surely you're bright enough to see that my opinion can exist free of any need sit my arse on the couch while 'entertained' by a cheap grab at advertising revenue for a footy-less network?

Too many 'entertainers', nowhere near enough news reporters.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I just wish we were run as perfectly as Collingwood appear to be.
Then we wouldn't have to wake up to negative stories about our Club, players or administrators.
They are run an extremely slick ship. And here's the kicker...apparently their PR department - the envy of all other clubs - is run by a mad-keen St Kilda fan.

I've never met him, but I've heard stories from people I know at Collingwood about his Saints' passion [all positive stories].

So there you go. They've taken the person who should be heading our PR & taken Max as well!

As for the other posters' comments on Damian Barrett - I too am not surprised there's a clause in there.

But I guess it wasn't public knowledge before hand. Massive scoop? No. Of interest? Yes. More a snippet of "that's interesting" rather than earth-will-move.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:This is what happens when you get a journo on a show on a weekly basis and you pump up his tyres as the AFL's greatest newsbreaker.

What happens if there's no real news in a particular week? Does Damien say I better not come on tonight as I don't have anything to report?

No, I think we've just seen what happens :roll:
Just a thought, having seen my first 5 minutes (and ideally last 5 minutes) of TFS last night, and it having been those 5 minutes.

When Garry Lyon turned to him having asked about Ross Lyon's possible exit from the Saints, surely the absolute best, most responsible, and smartest path forward would have been to say:

"Garry, I've looked into this, there's nothing to it. People are going to continue to speculate, as it turns out there IS an exit clause in the contract. It's likely teams with outgoing coaches will be interested, but Lyon will be at St Kilda in 2012."

It follows Barrett's habit of stating opinion/speculation as fact, does nothing to kill the story (by pointing out there is an out, and that teams will be interested) keeping DB in a job, and most of all... it plays the percentages, letting Barrett (or rather, Lyon & co. who have built him up) point to this in RD1 of 2012 as evidence of his genious.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
stinger
Saintsational Legend

all it goes to prove imhfo is that barrett is a turd...but i knew that allready.....he was the kind of guy that you wanted to beat the sh!t out of at school, but didn't because he just would not have been worth the angst..or effort....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:all it goes to prove imhfo is that barrett is a turd...but i knew that allready.....he was the kind of guy that you wanted to beat the sh!t out of at school, but didn't because he just would not have been worth the angst..or effort....
Or you wanted to but inside you, you knew you were as weak as piss so you didnt. Later on those same people get on forums and then pretend to be this tough guy but in reality are still scared and as weak as piss.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:he was the kind of guy that you wanted to beat the sh!t out of at school
Or you wanted to but inside you, you knew you were as weak as piss so you didnt.
This exchange more or less reminded me of this between the 35-40 second mark:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:he was the kind of guy that you wanted to beat the sh!t out of at school
Or you wanted to but inside you, you knew you were as weak as piss so you didnt.
This exchange more or less reminded me of this between the 35-40 second mark:
what exchange mate,.???...i haven't responded to that particular poster for quite a while....and i have no intention of reversing that decision either.....you guys should know that... 8-)

but...re the trailer..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:but...re the trailer..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best movie trailer of all-time I think 8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:but...re the trailer..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best movie trailer of all-time I think 8-)
yeah....not bad...i enjoyed it...thanx.....

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why does anyone care what the guy says unless you are actually worried. As far as I am concerned people can say what they like.
Except on here, where you have to disagree with nearly every post.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

'breaking news on lenny hayes - i have it on good authority that lenny will be retiring sometime in the next five years!
trawling through football records suggests this is more than just intuition, but a stark reality saints fans will have to face. the season from hell just gets worse!'
(barret, june 2011).

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Its a saints footy forum. It was a discussion about our club/coach. Is it really so hard to fathom how/why that would also be discussed on a saints fan forum board?

Bizarre some can't grasp that...yet feel the need to tell us all to "say nothing.."... :shock:

Perhaps we should start the "Saints weather forum" where all we talk about is how cold its getting?

Odd.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I just wish we were run as perfectly as Collingwood appear to be.
Then we wouldn't have to wake up to negative stories about our Club, players or administrators.
They are run an extremely slick ship. And here's the kicker...apparently their PR department - the envy of all other clubs - is run by a mad-keen St Kilda fan.

I've never met him, but I've heard stories from people I know at Collingwood about his Saints' passion [all positive stories].

So there you go. They've taken the person who should be heading our PR & taken Max as well!

As for the other posters' comments on Damian Barrett - I too am not surprised there's a clause in there.

But I guess it wasn't public knowledge before hand. Massive scoop? No. Of interest? Yes. More a snippet of "that's interesting" rather than earth-will-move.
Now there's a "media friendly" version watering down what was clearly a lame storyin the first place.

We all know you have some media love. You're incredibly "objective"while we all laze away in Saints bitterness...unable to see the "real media truth"......but sometimes...just sometimes......the media sprout utter nonsense - its tabloid and you know it.

Barretts reaction when Brayshaw poured cold water over the whole thing spoke volumes to me......

When you appear on a show as "the best newsbreaker in the business"......I dont think it follows that you butter up with an "interest piece" ........

“Yeah….nah””
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

i think brayshaw was being nice - i'd suggest the actual figure is 100%.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: When you appear on a show as "the best newsbreaker in the business".....
That's the problem.

When you appear on a show as "the best newsbreaker in the business" and you haven't got any breaking news, you are contractually obliged to break some. You can't say " oh...there's nothing happening at the moment, and I'd look a right twat if I just made something up!" You have to look a twat and make something up. :D

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

That't only becuase:

A) You have care factor Zero

B) You have a brain

C) you think.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

What an utter worm and prick this Damien Barrett is! 'Nuff said.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Haven't been here for some time. Truth is I'm one of those who is completely flummoxed by our collapse. But, a thread involving Barrett brings me back.

Why in the freakin' bejesus would anyone think a refugee from the Murdoch cabal had anything reasonable to offer? Apart from being a pock marked toad, Barrett has nothing more to offer than his NewsCorp training would suggest. NewsCorp is a mob that is being done for hacking everyone from the Royal Family to the PM in Britain. They have Fuxnews in the US as their claim to fame.

In Oz they have Paddy as their go to guy. He's Rupe's nephew, from the western district squatocracy, and has a trail of financial devastation in his wake. Made his contribution to the Murdochian dynasty by stripping ordinary punters out of their contributions to rural investment. Paddy's a stand up guy in Geelong - big contributor to Cat Grammar - new wings and all. Gets his photo taken at GFC sponsors functions - and he's a typical well to do sh*tbag.

At some stage in, hopefully, the not too distant future, there will be some who will wake up to what Rupe's mob are doing to media here and elsewhere. Free Press? What a f&$!ing joke!

That's where Barrett learnt his craft (read graft). NC are one of the great parasitic organisms on the planet. The sooner Rupe kicks off, the better. Great Australian? An historical blight, more aptly.

And, yeah, Plugger66 from the league of apologists - they are corrupt, completely lacking in ethical standards, way too powerful and downright arseholes. And, I've exercised my choice and not paid for any NC output for over 5 years. They are stinking, snivelling crooks with not a semblance of anything other than dynasty honouring. Dame Elizabeth, all those charities? Try screaming tax dodges. Landed gentry thieves, the whole lot of 'em.

Damien Barrett, a product of a media organisation that is taking dishonourable to previously unexplored depths. Leaving that organisation excuses you not, you acne riddled shocker.

What's worse than emplying Barrett? Employing Bolt, the ashamed Clog Wog (and don't worry, I've been called one).

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Haven't been here for some time. Truth is I'm one of those who is completely flummoxed by our collapse. But, a thread involving Barrett brings me back.

Why in the freakin' bejesus would anyone think a refugee from the Murdoch cabal had anything reasonable to offer? Apart from being a pock marked toad, Barrett has nothing more to offer than his NewsCorp training would suggest. NewsCorp is a mob that is being done for hacking everyone from the Royal Family to the PM in Britain. They have Fuxnews in the US as their claim to fame.

In Oz they have Paddy as their go to guy. He's Rupe's nephew, from the western district squatocracy, and has a trail of financial devastation in his wake. Made his contribution to the Murdochian dynasty by stripping ordinary punters out of their contributions to rural investment. Paddy's a stand up guy in Geelong - big contributor to Cat Grammar - new wings and all. Gets his photo taken at GFC sponsors functions - and he's a typical well to do sh*tbag.

At some stage in, hopefully, the not too distant future, there will be some who will wake up to what Rupe's mob are doing to media here and elsewhere. Free Press? What a f&$!ing joke!

That's where Barrett learnt his craft (read graft). NC are one of the great parasitic organisms on the planet. The sooner Rupe kicks off, the better. Great Australian? An historical blight, more aptly.

And, yeah, Plugger66 from the league of apologists - they are corrupt, completely lacking in ethical standards, way too powerful and downright arseholes. And, I've exercised my choice and not paid for any NC output for over 5 years. They are stinking, snivelling crooks with not a semblance of anything other than dynasty honouring. Dame Elizabeth, all those charities? Try screaming tax dodges. Landed gentry thieves, the whole lot of 'em.

Damien Barrett, a product of a media organisation that is taking dishonourable to previously unexplored depths. Leaving that organisation excuses you not, you acne riddled shocker.

What's worse than emplying Barrett? Employing Bolt, the ashamed Clog Wog (and don't worry, I've been called one).
Well, there you go. It all makes sense now. We are doomed. Maybe that thread about the end of the world today is right.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Haven't been here for some time. Truth is I'm one of those who is completely flummoxed by our collapse. But, a thread involving Barrett brings me back.

You seem like a very happy man. What do you do for a living, eat razor blades?