Season 2011 - Still a write-off?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I can't believe the blind optimism and short memories some of our supporters seem to have.
Remember 2009 and 2010?
That's why I used the term 'modern' Saints supporter because 2009 and to a lesser extent 2010 are recent examples to Saints supporters of what it takes to even come close to snaring a flag. We would be found out in September big time. Rember Lenny? Just not having him alone is reason why we wouldn't run deep in September let alone any of the other obvious reasons why we aren't a snow flakes chance this year.

Hey but like I said, fairy tales do happen.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I'm really starting to enjoy watching the kids play this season to be honest. Finding a new chemistry for the team... unearth a couple of gems hopefully... and with a different balance... maybe one more tilt at the big one next year.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We've started playing kids and look what's happened.

Suddenly we've got spots up for grabs.

Suddenly we've got more energy.

Different players are bringing different dimensions.

Older players are realising they have to be leaders.

Quite frankly, this is a year where we need to keep playing them and keep building for 2012.

And if we happen to get in mix for top four, then great. But for now, keep developing our list.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

This is a f***ed year for us as far as a draw goes. It is artificially weighted towards certain teams, we are playing a lot of top teams twice hardly any at our home ground. When you look at Freo, they had heaps of soft games at home. we hardly have any all season. GC has unbalanced the draw and is not favouring us. We have a better second half of the year as far as the draw goes. Teams like Richmond and the bombers have a higher spot on the ladder but not necessarily done much more, just easier runs and the Tiges are a game ahead from no bye. If there is a year that some one from outside the top 4 could win it is this one. The AFL has struggled to make a cohesive plan for the draw as it was only this year that we have an uneven number. The Pies could fall to earth very quickly if any of Swan, Pendle bag, Thomas, Didak etc go down. I still think we can take Geelong and carlton. The rest are cloggers.