Seaford non-controversy erupts!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Barks very passionate about this. Seaford will be a non issue in a few years.
I agree, the Tassie Saints relocation will be the new focus!
Because that will happen.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:The players hate Seaford!

Star players will leave!

Out of contract stars from other clubs will not come for this reason alone!

I told a board member in 2008 that this decision is an absolute disgrace, that the players hate it and it will destroy the club.

In reply he said, "Yes I know the players are not happy about it but... blah blah blah, it will increase our supporter base, blah blah blah it will entrench us in .....blah blah blah"

The only thing it will entrench us in is the bottom of the ladder with a dwindling membership!

The next move south will be to Tasmania on a permanent basis, even the current board would probably not see French Island as a viable option, then again given their track record, perhaps I might hedge my bets!

The fact is the club has moved further south and that's precisely where the membership will also be heading.

By 2016, 30,000 members will be a pipe dream, probably have less members than North and as a result sponsorships will dry up and revenue will be more stripped back than a nudist colony.

This will eventually be the ruination of this football club.

The dingbat board must be certifiably bat shyte crazy for ever agreeing to this rubbish.

They con'nivingly and disingenuously never once raised relocation as an issue when they were seeking the vote of the members, then when elected ( I NEVER VOTED FOR THESE CLOWNS ) five minutes in and the big announcement "We are moving to Frankston" then when that c**k up went belly up, out of sheer desperation Archie drives around the area looking for a vacant lot and then a few weeks later the vacant lot make another announcement "We are moving to Seaford"!

Say what you like about Butterss but at least he was actively trying to locate the club as close to St kilda as possible!

I called this a disaster at the time, a white elephant that would destroy this club and send it backwards.

How anyone can say this is a good thing let alone a board actually making such a monumentally lame brain decision to locate an AFL football club in the back blocks of Seaford is either living in cloud cuckoo land or drowning in a gold fish bowl of their own bong water and quite obviously would not get the drum even with a brass band up them.

These clowns will go down in infamy as the buffoons who sold the club up the Kananook creek without a paddle.

Seaford a stuff up one day, a calamity the next!

If you're one of the sleepers who voted for clown Westaway and co, congratulations you have helped this club do what it does better than any other club in history and that is to shoot itself in the foot.

What we needed was to locate to the most marketable suburb in Victoria that actually bears the name of the club or as close to it as possible, something which the previous board was actively working on when they were replaced by a bunch of bonehead cretins, otherwise known as the dumbed down, dunderhead dolts of discombobulation who will forever be held responsible for this idiocy, or as they are more commonly referred to, the current board of the St kilda Football Club!

Another thing that escaped the attention of the vacuous horde of clown Westaway voters is that Butterss had an in with city hall, he and Demetriou were developing a close relationship and finally this club was in a position to curry favour.

NOT NOW, the current surrender monkey board are too busy jumping at shadows to get a FAIR DINKUM clue anytime soon!

Now not only have we moved further south by location, this is precisely where the club is heading on all fronts, ladder position, membership, dollars etc...etc...

I warned this is exactly what would happen two years ago!

How are we travelling, how are things tracking?

Tassie Saints, here we come, might take us ten years to get there but the first steps have been put in place by the visionless twits who actually thought that moving to Seaford was a good thing and that it would propel us into a super power, oh dear!

Goddard is as good as gone, Riewoldt will probably take the bucks next year, Fisher will probably go back to Adelaide, the soul of the club has been ripped apart and sold off to the city of Frankenstein by a vacuous, visionless, vacant lot of numskulled, nuffies, ninnies and numbnuts.

The only thing red, white and black about Seaford is that it will put this club in the red with a white elephant that will make things very black!

The entire board of the St kilda football club otherwise known as the dumbed down, dunderhead dolts of discombobulation should resign en masse effective immediately!

FAIR DINKUM!
Are you serious?

Firstly, they don't have to live in Seaford. They only have to work there.

Second, it's close to Sandringham, Black Rock, Beaumaris etc That's only half an hour away.

Third, they are suburbs close to the beach which should be an attraction to players as most of them like the beach. Players will move closer to the ground over time as the list changes. It should not be a major problem.

Fourth, it still takes me 1/2 hour to get home from work and I work in the CBD and only live 5kms away.

If that's a problem for some players then they are very soft.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:The players hate Seaford!

Star players will leave!

Out of contract stars from other clubs will not come for this reason alone!

I told a board member in 2008 that this decision is an absolute disgrace, that the players hate it and it will destroy the club.

In reply he said, "Yes I know the players are not happy about it but... blah blah blah, it will increase our supporter base, blah blah blah it will entrench us in .....blah blah blah"

The only thing it will entrench us in is the bottom of the ladder with a dwindling membership!

The next move south will be to Tasmania on a permanent basis, even the current board would probably not see French Island as a viable option, then again given their track record, perhaps I might hedge my bets!

The fact is the club has moved further south and that's precisely where the membership will also be heading.

By 2016, 30,000 members will be a pipe dream, probably have less members than North and as a result sponsorships will dry up and revenue will be more stripped back than a nudist colony.

This will eventually be the ruination of this football club.

The dingbat board must be certifiably bat shyte crazy for ever agreeing to this rubbish.

They con'nivingly and disingenuously never once raised relocation as an issue when they were seeking the vote of the members, then when elected ( I NEVER VOTED FOR THESE CLOWNS ) five minutes in and the big announcement "We are moving to Frankston" then when that c**k up went belly up, out of sheer desperation Archie drives around the area looking for a vacant lot and then a few weeks later the vacant lot make another announcement "We are moving to Seaford"!

Say what you like about Butterss but at least he was actively trying to locate the club as close to St kilda as possible!

I called this a disaster at the time, a white elephant that would destroy this club and send it backwards.

How anyone can say this is a good thing let alone a board actually making such a monumentally lame brain decision to locate an AFL football club in the back blocks of Seaford is either living in cloud cuckoo land or drowning in a gold fish bowl of their own bong water and quite obviously would not get the drum even with a brass band up them.

These clowns will go down in infamy as the buffoons who sold the club up the Kananook creek without a paddle.

Seaford a stuff up one day, a calamity the next!

If you're one of the sleepers who voted for clown Westaway and co, congratulations you have helped this club do what it does better than any other club in history and that is to shoot itself in the foot.

What we needed was to locate to the most marketable suburb in Victoria that actually bears the name of the club or as close to it as possible, something which the previous board was actively working on when they were replaced by a bunch of bonehead cretins, otherwise known as the dumbed down, dunderhead dolts of discombobulation who will forever be held responsible for this idiocy, or as they are more commonly referred to, the current board of the St kilda Football Club!

Another thing that escaped the attention of the vacuous horde of clown Westaway voters is that Butterss had an in with city hall, he and Demetriou were developing a close relationship and finally this club was in a position to curry favour.

NOT NOW, the current surrender monkey board are too busy jumping at shadows to get a FAIR DINKUM clue anytime soon!

Now not only have we moved further south by location, this is precisely where the club is heading on all fronts, ladder position, membership, dollars etc...etc...

I warned this is exactly what would happen two years ago!

How are we travelling, how are things tracking?

Tassie Saints, here we come, might take us ten years to get there but the first steps have been put in place by the visionless twits who actually thought that moving to Seaford was a good thing and that it would propel us into a super power, oh dear!

Goddard is as good as gone, Riewoldt will probably take the bucks next year, Fisher will probably go back to Adelaide, the soul of the club has been ripped apart and sold off to the city of Frankenstein by a vacuous, visionless, vacant lot of numskulled, nuffies, ninnies and numbnuts.

The only thing red, white and black about Seaford is that it will put this club in the red with a white elephant that will make things very black!

The entire board of the St kilda football club otherwise known as the dumbed down, dunderhead dolts of discombobulation should resign en masse effective immediately!

FAIR DINKUM!
Are you serious?

Firstly, they don't have to live in Seaford. They only have to work there.

Second, it's close to Sandringham, Black Rock, Beaumaris etc That's only half an hour away.

Third, they are suburbs close to the beach which should be an attraction to players as most of them like the beach. Players will move closer to the ground over time as the list changes. It should not be a major problem.

Fourth, it still takes me 1/2 hour to get home from work and I work in the CBD and only live 5kms away.

If that's a problem for some players then they are very soft.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St Lenny
Club Player

I cant believe you guys are buying into the Herald Sun crap and Barks ranting about one of his favourite gripes. Barks, you really need to move on and get over some of these issues. St Kilda tried to stay at Moorabbin it is obvious they werent wanted there, though you choose to believe otherwise. As for the whole Tassie thing, seriously, do you know whats going on down there? No, I didnt think so......................... :roll:

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

mr six o'clock wrote:Does barks4eva own the coffee shop where the players used to go ?
No!

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Before anyone continues to bleat about Seaford, (and yes I miss Moorabbin especially as I lived five mins from the ground)
There are two things to consider

a) Be thankful they're not having to travel to Craigieburn........ which is where Richmond set up it's second headquarters

&

b) if any player is considering signing with GWS go visit and live for a while in Western Sydney and then you'll realise the advantage of working in a bayside suburb like Seaford/Frankston

So if it's all true , then players please get some perspective.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:I'm with Barks on this.
Just not smart short or long term thinking - the team is st kilda, not seaford. 
The closer they are based to their spiritual home the stronger the ties, the stronger the spiritual fabric of a club. At what distance do you reach the point of losing touch with your base? Could you handle Morwell? Albany? Townsville?

And bugger commuting - it's why i'd never live in city suburbia - the amount of life you waste, time better spent with family, friends, or in your own indulgences.
the club should've moved heaven and earth to stay, instead they found it easier to simply give up and move. that shows a weak mentality to me.
with free agency coming it's just another reason a player may decide to either not come, or leave. 
the harden the f... up attitude is nonsensical as it has a negative effect whether you think it should or not.
These same things apply equally to the Hawks.

The team is Hawthorn not Rowville.

Doesn't seem to have affected them adversely, either on the field or off.

And as far as I can tell from a distance, it does indeed appear that they are a happy team at Hawthorn!

Austinnn
Club Player

Any players unhappy with the location or the colour of the jumpers or any other piddling s*** are welcome to move.

We want personnel who are ready to put everything on the line. We want to build a strong legacy here, we want at least one premiership, if anyone else is more interested in real estate, they can be cut.

Having said that, I don't imagine many players actually will have a problem long term. Perhaps just an initial one.

Back to the bubble please Ross, media doesn't need feeding this s***. Let's keep it all in house, if the journos don't like it, they can get stuffed.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Personally I think there's a whole heap less players unhappy with the location than Jon Ralph or the rumormonger naysayers would have you believe

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
St Lenny wrote:No one wants to travel extra distrance to work, doesnt mean its an issue. I would imagine the person it effects the most is Ross. Don't buy into the media hype, cause thats all it is.
It would take Ross about 30 mins to get from his home to Seaford. It would take him almost 1 Hour to get to Moorabbin, depending on traffic !!
At last someone who knows the actual geography of getting to Seaford. If you're close to Eastlink it's a piece of piss, unfortunately most of the players don't live close to Eastlink or Seaford.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Eastern wrote:
St Lenny wrote:No one wants to travel extra distrance to work, doesnt mean its an issue. I would imagine the person it effects the most is Ross. Don't buy into the media hype, cause thats all it is.
It would take Ross about 30 mins to get from his home to Seaford. It would take him almost 1 Hour to get to Moorabbin, depending on traffic !!
At last someone who knows the actual geography of getting to Seaford. If you're close to Eastlink it's a piece of piss, unfortunately most of the players don't live close to Eastlink or Seaford.
More than 50% live close to the Mornington freeway which makes it very easy. Actually probably closer to 70% when I think about it.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I think it's sad that traditional home grounds are being abandoned for new "state of the art" facilities. I drive around a fair bit for my job and going past the old grounds sends a shiver down my spine but soon (if they aren't already) they will just be wastelands (or apartments).

Why didn't councils (or whoever) let the clubs build the facilities at the old grounds? It's a pity. :(

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:I think it's sad that traditional home grounds are being abandoned for new "state of the art" facilities. I drive around a fair bit for my job and going past the old grounds sends a shiver down my spine but soon (if they aren't already) they will just be wastelands (or apartments).

Why didn't councils (or whoever) let the clubs build the facilities at the old grounds? It's a pity. :(
Because most of them are full of latte sipping tree huggers who prefer the Opera and Ballet to Aussie Rules :roll:

spert
Saintsational Legend

I suppose as said here by other posters, if the Hawks can go to Waverly and have a premiership and now sit near the top of the ladder, why is Seaford a problem for some of our powder-puffs? I think the problem is just the initial move of the club to Seaford, especially following the GF disappointments where maybe some stability was required, but its history now. Our highly-paid players can drive their leased luxury cars from their leased Port Melbourne apartments to Seaford to run around in a modern elite sporting environment, or maybe the alternative is not as attractive..go buy an older car, travel across town to a factory and spend your days thinking about how to pay the mortgage off, and save a bit of money for holidays. I reckon some of our bigger names have shown off a bit of a soft side on and off the field.