Etihad Airwaays SPONSORSHIP?? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SA1NTER
Club Player

Re: Etihad Airwaays SPONSORSHIP?? !!

They could use the Arabic letters on our jumper and I wouldn't care, if they are willing to show love to the club and support us financially, they're fine with me.

And with regards to the CS, one poster making a comment doesn't reflect the entire CS. I am in the cheer squad and I'm a pretty nice bloke.... unless someone pisses me off at least. :twisted: :wink:

We are St. Kilda
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:I know this one is hard to remember - but Etihad actually sponsors our home stadium.
How do you shut a drummer up....
show him some sheet music ;)

shmic_s
Club Player

Well I just hope we have a major sponsor for 2012 and onwards.

I respect dools for being part of the cheer squad and putting in the time and effort. Who cares how/where we were all educated. Thats the great thing about footy.

Although dools' 'support' can sometimes be interesting.

savatage
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:
savatage wrote:I know this one is hard to remember - but Etihad actually sponsors our home stadium.
You're full of sheet!!!

BTW - I sing, play guitar & bass as well so STFU :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:Well I just hope we have a major sponsor for 2012 and onwards.

I respect dools for being part of the cheer squad and putting in the time and effort. Who cares how/where we were all educated. Thats the great thing about footy.

Good call, no matter where you get an education you can still turn out to be a twat. And hats off to the Kosi hatin' rascal for getting his hands dirty.

The Jeff
Club Player

You can respect 'dools' for whatever you like. Simple fact is he became the central theme of this thread because he responded with "I couldn't care any less" when people were having a discussion. He could have just stayed out of it altogether and instead we'd be having an intelligent conversation.

You are right though, where someone was educated is irrelevant. I myself did go to one of those schools with limited funding in the Western Suburbs as mentioned by Joffaboy earlier in the thread. I was raised to understand concepts such as etiquette and manners. Potentially 'dools' education failed him in this regard. Maybe it wasn't his school though. Perhaps it was his parents. Perhaps he picked up bad habits from TV. It is also possible that his neighbours had a significant influence on him during his upbringing and they are incredibly rude and attention seeking. Who the hell knows, but one thing is for sure, it is perilous to attempt to defend someone when they are intentionally trying to be in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. Kim Duthie syndrome really, and 'dools' isn't the only one on here suffering from it. As long as we continue to pander to it though, the problem will continue.

With regards to the OP (because like I said that is what we would be discussing if this wasn't one of the many threads he's hijacked over the years), I would be pleased if Etihad would be a major sponsor because they do have a strong brand internationally and are well-respected.

FQF
ace
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Etihad spend a huge amount on Premier League club Manchester City.....

Hope they have some left for the Saints :)
Etihad is the national carrier of the UAE.
Abu Dhabi is the oil rich emirate in the UAE.
The owner of Manchester City is an Abu Dhabi prince worth Tens of Billions.
Sporting teams are a toy to him.
He can't find enough toys to waste "his" money on.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Back in 2004 I know for a fact that we were looking to court Qatar Airways as a major sponsor - unfortunately Qatar Airways initial flights to Australia were put on hold which ultimately put an end to the sponsorship enquiries.

:( :(

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
You're full of sheet!!!

:lol:

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

savatage wrote: You're full of sheet!!!

Really? How many arms do you have??

I struggle to play guitar and sing at the same time - bass as well, you're gifted.....................

Joffa 5
Club Player

Etihad sponser the Filth don't they? Isn't that the red bit on their jumpers? I can't bring myself to looking at a photo of them :P

savatage
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:

I struggle to play guitar and sing at the same time - bass as well, you're gifted.....................
Haha I forgot the * to denote that it's not simultaneous!! Singing and playing is easy though!!

noddy04
Club Player

The Jeff wrote:

You can respect 'dools' for whatever you like. Simple fact is he became the central theme of this thread because he responded with "I couldn't care any less" when people were having a discussion. He could have just stayed out of it altogether and instead we'd be having an intelligent conversation.

You are right though, where someone was educated is irrelevant. I myself did go to one of those schools with limited funding in the Western Suburbs as mentioned by Joffaboy earlier in the thread. I was raised to understand concepts such as etiquette and manners. Potentially 'dools' education failed him in this regard. Maybe it wasn't his school though. Perhaps it was his parents. Perhaps he picked up bad habits from TV. It is also possible that his neighbours had a significant influence on him during his upbringing and they are incredibly rude and attention seeking. Who the hell knows, but one thing is for sure, it is perilous to attempt to defend someone when they are intentionally trying to be in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. Kim Duthie syndrome really, and 'dools' isn't the only one on here suffering from it. As long as we continue to pander to it though, the problem will continue.

With regards to the OP (because like I said that is what we would be discussing if this wasn't one of the many threads he's hijacked over the years), I would be pleased if Etihad would be a major sponsor because they do have a strong brand internationally and are well-respected.
Who are you to have a shot at Dools or his parents or neighbours etc. I have met and spoken with Dools on a lot of occasions and he is a fine lad. Just because he doesnt give a toss that Etihad Airlines may or may not besponsoring the footy club doesnt give any one the right to villify him the way you and some other people on here have. He is a very loyal CS member and just because he may bag a player here or a player there means nothing. Just take a look through Saintsational and there are numerous "mature age" posters that say worse stuff about our players and club than he does. So get off his back The Jeff and Joffaboy

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Haha I forgot the * to denote that it's not simultaneous!! Singing and playing is easy though!!
Bloody drummers. :P

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Joffa 5 wrote:Etihad sponser the Filth don't they? Isn't that the red bit on their jumpers? I can't bring myself to looking at a photo of them :P
I beleive that's Emirates not Etihad

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
Joffa 5 wrote:Etihad sponser the Filth don't they? Isn't that the red bit on their jumpers? I can't bring myself to looking at a photo of them :P
I beleive that's Emirates not Etihad
Not to worry, there's always this one :)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

+1.......good bloke our dools....sure he and i have had issues.....but he is still a saints cheer squad member .....puts in for the club...to attack him on the basis of where he went to school is pretty low IMHFO...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
westy
Club Player

+1 and what is wrong with a private school education anyways?

I'm livin' in a madhouse
stinger
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:+1 and what is wrong with a private school education anyways?
not much......that's where most of society's leaders come from anyway.....yeah...i know ...ben chifley was a train driver......but who the f*** wants a train driver running the country...

...on second thoughts he did better than the crop of lawyers we have had to put up with lately :oops:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stinger wrote:
westy wrote:+1 and what is wrong with a private school education anyways?
not much......that's where most of society's leaders come from anyway.....yeah...i know ...ben chifley was a train driver......but who the f*** wants a train driver running the country...

...on second thoughts he did better than the crop of lawyers we have had to put up with lately :oops:
We could do a lot worse that have a PM who actually had a trade. Who was the last?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
sainter35
Club Player

stinger wrote:+1.......good bloke our dools....sure he and i have had issues.....but he is still a saints cheer squad member .....puts in for the club...to attack him on the basis of where he went to school is pretty low IMHFO...
I think the 'attack' started because of his stupid response to Eastern at the start of the thread.

But anyway, there are far more interesting things to discuss than him.

You'd love a major sponsor like Etihad. As somebody mentioned they have recently taken over the naming rights of the City of Manchester Stadium, home to the richest football club in the world. Surely they could spare a few million dollars to sponsor an AFL club.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:
stinger wrote:+1.......good bloke our dools....sure he and i have had issues.....but he is still a saints cheer squad member .....puts in for the club...to attack him on the basis of where he went to school is pretty low IMHFO...
I think the 'attack' started because of his stupid response to Eastern at the start of the thread.

You'd love a major sponsor like Etihad. As somebody mentioned they have recently taken over the naming rights of the City of Manchester Stadium, home to the richest football club in the world. Surely they could spare a few million dollars to sponsor an AFL club.
What exactly is stupid about his response ?? I'm a loyal saints supporter and I could care less who is our major sponsor .. As long as they pay the $$ and support the club it's neither here nor there who it is.... For the record I went to a public school

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
sainter35
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
sainter35 wrote:

What exactly is stupid about his response ?? I'm a loyal saints supporter and I could care less who is our major sponsor .. As long as they pay the $$ and support the club it's neither here nor there who it is.... For the record I went to a public school
Could you imagine this board if everybody posted 'I couldn't care any less' on any new thread that they weren't interested in.

Wouldn't have thought it was a difficult concept.

Anyway, who cares. We've got more to worry about this week than an excitable kid trying to boost his post count.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
sainter35 wrote:

Could you imagine this board if everybody posted 'I couldn't care any less' on any new thread that they weren't interested in.

Anyway, who cares. We've got more to worry about this week than an excitable kid trying to boost his post count.
Obviously you care, which is why you have posted.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
sainter35 wrote:

We were asked a question by Eastern, "what do you think?" was the question.
I responded. As Trav said, who cares who is on our jumper, Centrebet, Jetstar, Coles (because we're down and staying down) ....if they offer good money does anybody actually care who it is?
I'm interested to know, If Etihad was to offer $5mill for 3 years, and 'Sharpie' the pen company was to offer 5.5 for 3 years, does it really matter? It's all about the money. who really cares?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."