Robert Harvey walks out!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

elizabethr
Club Player

Harvey and Lyon were responsible for moving Armitage from the midfield and sending him to that strange defensive half forward role.
They had to go because of that! 8-)

nothing to say
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

gazrat wrote:Dickheadish.much.Removesignature.
Banger deserves not.

Pisspooreffortdools.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:Harvey and Lyon were responsible for moving Armitage from the midfield and sending him to that strange defensive half forward role.
Seriously insane comment, only marginally saved by your sunnies :roll:

Moolie
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:Really? So he didn't get the gig so hes walked out?

Good riddance, bugger off to Collingwood then. Little sook
Can we all just breathe please? I constantly shake my head when people turn on our own, but I am absolutely gobsmacked that I am witnessing folk turn on Banger.

I'll be as gutted as anyone if he goes to the Pies. But do you really believe that it will simple be a case of him leaving because he is a "little sook?" How much has he given to our club? FFS, I wept like we had won a GF the day we beat West Coast for his 350th. He owes us nothing. We owe him respect.

I have the utmost faith that whatever decision he makes, it is because it is the best one for his future, he deserves it.

elizabethr
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
elizabethr wrote:Harvey and Lyon were responsible for moving Armitage from the midfield and sending him to that strange defensive half forward role.
Seriously insane comment, only marginally saved by your sunnies :roll:
It's called humour,comedy,light relief ...

nothing to say
Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Honestly most of you go around like a pack of drama queens - if he leaves he leaves - not because of Seaford ( it's 100 times better now then when he was young) and not because he is a sook :roll:

In order to get where you want to go you have to take the right steps - if he has to go to grow why get so narky about it - he will always come back.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:Honestly most of you go around like a pack of drama queens - if he leaves he leaves - not because of Seaford ( it's 100 times better now then when he was young) and not because he is a sook :roll:

In order to get where you want to go you have to take the right steps - if he has to go to grow why get so narky about it - he will always come back.
Now, now, now Mrs_Seaford_Saint.

Any more of that common sense and you'll probably find yourself banned from the forum :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Moolie wrote:
saintdooley wrote:Really? So he didn't get the gig so hes walked out?

Good riddance, bugger off to Collingwood then. Little sook
Can we all just breathe please? I constantly shake my head when people turn on our own, but I am absolutely gobsmacked that I am witnessing folk turn on Banger.

I'll be as gutted as anyone if he goes to the Pies. But do you really believe that it will simple be a case of him leaving because he is a "little sook?" How much has he given to our club? FFS, I wept like we had won a GF the day we beat West Coast for his 350th. He owes us nothing. We owe him respect.

I have the utmost faith that whatever decision he makes, it is because it is the best one for his future, he deserves it.
He was a great player, possibly one of the greatest, theres no debating that.
But he wasnt offered the job and within a week has left.
He was never the right man for the job anyway. very little experience. If he got it i have no doubt it could of been a repeat of Brisbane when Voss got the job, just get worse each week.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bozza1980
Club Player

InkerSaint wrote:
St Ick wrote:Yeah, definitely Seaford... Harves saw the town and was shocked I heard, couldn't understand why anyone would ever be associated with Seaford...
Eh?

Didn't Harves play childhood footy at Belvedere Park?
Not to mention the fact he lives 15mins down the road in Mt Eliza.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

So...him leaving actually hasn't happened?

It might happen. Is that what this thread's about?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:So...him leaving actually hasn't happened?

It might happen. Is that what this thread's about?
yes same as the other three or three dozen

BTW the club- coach is still expecting most of existing players to be retained due to some 'shaving- readjustment' in contracts
Source Basil from WA when he spoke to him today.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks Saintbrat. Very misleading thread.

If he goes, he goes. We want him, but it's a free world. I would not think any less of him or anyone for either staying or leaving. You have to do what's right for you, although loyalty has to be a factor.

If that loyalty doesn't sway him, then it is right he goes.

Matthews never coached at Hawthorn, Barassi only went back to the Dees when past it. Sheedy never coached Richmond.....on and on you go. Malthouse never coached St Kilda...(!) (':wink:')

fingers
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
fingers wrote:
markp wrote:
fingers wrote:
markp wrote:I blame Lyon.

Someone help me figure out why....
Because it's easier to blame Lyon than to actually admit that maybe our Robert Harvey wasn't up to the top job and has cracked the sh1ts or has decided to expand his horizons.
Or he was treated shabbily, and really had no option.

Possible?... Yes.

And my mail tells me that's the case.

Add everything up over the last couple of months and it seems pretty obvious that there's something rotten in the state of denmark, but most are refusing to acknowledge it.

So it seems Harvey is a sook... a traitor... or money hungry?

Any chance Lyon or Walsh were just 'expanding their horizons'?... Nup, Lyon is a greedy liar and Walsh was treated badly and did the only thing he could.
Interesting as I am hearing other things.

Are you suggesting he was treated poorly under Lyon or through the process?

No chance Lyon is expanding his horizons - he simply took a better paying job.

Walsh decided to cut and run to a better paid option and after a frustrating 2 years - regrettable but understandable.

I don't really get your point on Harvey?
I'm suggesting that getting to the position of being gazumped by freo was a failure by the club.... similar with Walsh and the swines... and if Harvs walks out feeling disrespected (in the handling of the process) it would be absolutely appalling.

Everyone wants to either blame the person who's leaving or someone who's already left.... I'm suggesting maybe the fault lies with people who are still there.
Agree on Lyon and Walsh. I don't know what the facts are with Harvey - all I know is what I here from people who would no a whole lot more than me. Again - I wasn't there, so I can't really comment. I do know that Watters made an offer for him to stay on board - I don't know in what capacity.

Harvey is big enough to make his own decision and if he thinks he is better served somewhere else (either through opportunity or respect) then so be it.

I just get frustrated at posters (not you) who rant about what happened or didn't happen, should have happened, or shouldn't have happened - when in reality they more than likely have no idea what REALLY happened.

Nick Bayside

So has Harves left or is this just rumour? If not Stfc needs to embrace him like a true club legend. Profile of him in the media, his desire to coach, returning to his home team and suburb in a way that boosts the image of and moral of the club Think Hird, Voss and Bucks style marketing.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Nick Bayside wrote:So has Harves left or is this just rumour? If not Stfc needs to embrace him like a true club legend. Profile of him in the media, his desire to coach, returning to his home team and suburb in a way that boosts the image of and moral of the club Think Hird, Voss and Bucks style marketing.
They did all that last year. The media are now getting more out of him possibly going. That's the media for you. They like Bad news.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Nick Bayside wrote:So has Harves left or is this just rumour? If not Stfc needs to embrace him like a true club legend. Profile of him in the media, his desire to coach, returning to his home team and suburb in a way that boosts the image of and moral of the club Think Hird, Voss and Bucks style marketing.
although OP provided no Link
I assume he read the headline of Fox Sports- the H-S changed their initial headline of a similiar vein to one of "Harvey on the brink'
he has options and has been asked to stay and given options by Scott and club,
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... 7&start=50

Listen to Scott here
Triple M's Rush Hour Podcast with JB and Billy
Rush Hour - Tuesday 18th October 2011
1. Kevin and Cheryl 2. Scott Watters 3. Tadhg Kennelly in the Sydney studios 4. Michael Rodd 5. Partner stuff ups 6. Tom Hawkins 7. Mark Skaife 8. Paralympian Dr Jess Gallagher
http://austereo.castmetrix.net/podcast/ ... er2011.mp3
7 min 36 seconds in -- and is possible to drag to the time

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:Honestly most of you go around like a pack of drama queens - if he leaves he leaves - not because of Seaford ( it's 100 times better now then when he was young) and not because he is a sook :roll:

Any more of that common sense and you'll probably find yourself banned from the forum :wink:
Oh I feel like a naughty school girl being scolded :wink:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

So do I, can you get them here?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

You're about a year too late :P

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Mrs Seaford Saint. I like the way you think! Robert Harvey is an absolute legend at our club (POSSIBLY our biggest legend!) as a PLAYER. I really think that he would be embarrassed if he had been strung along in the process simply for being who he is. I understand completely if he is disappointed at not getting the senior coach position. I also understand that the club needed to detatch itself COMPLETELY from the concept of a "sentimental" choice for senior coach. HISTORY WILL JUDGE the validity of the appointment. If Harves walks away (while still under a two year contract) then I'll be disappointed, BUT, 2 minutes after he closes the door after him: WE MOVE ON!!!!
I wish him every success and good luck in his future ventures (as I did in 2008 when he left for Carlton)
NOW, lets concentrate on how we go in 2012!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
westy
Club Player

Can somebody lock this thread before it gets totally and completely out of control?

I'm livin' in a madhouse
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

True or otherwise.

He shouldn't of come back so soon.

Helped the club out of a pickle in 2011, as Ross couldn't get anyone into his box in the end.

(As I've said, except for 2 players, a mate, and a Port guy)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:True or otherwise.

He shouldn't of come back so soon.

Helped the club out of a pickle in 2011, as Ross couldn't get anyone into his box in the end.

(As I've said, except for 2 players, a mate, and a Port guy)
Of course he should have come back. He had 2 years somewhere else and there was a job vacant at our club. How long should you be away? What we shouldnt have done is appoint him interim coach. We didnt need one for a start so why do that and maybe get his hopes up. It was stupid IMO. By the way we may have interviewed 20 coaches for our vacancies. How would any of us know.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

YAWN.

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:Can somebody lock this thread before it gets totally and completely out of control?
Shouldn't this post be on page 1?