Favourite player who never played for the Saints?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Darren Milburn - going the hit against SOS at Princes Park then sticking it up the Carlton ferals who went after him gesturing and postulating wildly from right behind and to the side of the interchange bench as well as in the car park after the game.
He just laughed at them.
Gold!

Jezza25

samuraisaint wrote:Darren Milburn - going the hit against SOS at Princes Park then sticking it up the Carlton ferals who went after him gesturing and postulating wildly from right behind and to the side of the interchange bench as well as in the car park after the game.
He just laughed at them.
Gold!
You have got to be joking - have another look.

He was absolutely shitting himself.

Not a troll
Jezza25

Jezza25 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Darren Milburn - going the hit against SOS at Princes Park then sticking it up the Carlton ferals who went after him gesturing and postulating wildly from right behind and to the side of the interchange bench as well as in the car park after the game.
He just laughed at them.
Gold!

BTW Samurai, I didn't (and still don't) think Milburn deserved the reaction he got. I've been watching League footy since the 50's and for much of that time what Milburn did was standard fare.

That said, he definitely shat himself when those "Carlton ferals" went after him on the bench.

The reference to "Carlton ferals" is interesting though.

I stood in the "Animal Enclosure" many times, barracking for Carlton, and it was full of St Kilda supporters who would make the "Carlton ferals" to whom you refer look like Rhodes scholars who joined the diplomatic corps.

Not a troll
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Jezza25 wrote:
Jezza25 wrote:
He just laughed at them.
Gold!

BTW Samurai, I didn't (and still don't) think Milburn deserved the reaction he got. I've been watching League footy since the 50's and for much of that time what Milburn did was standard fare.

That said, he definitely shat himself when those "Carlton ferals" went after him on the bench.

I stood in the "Animal Enclosure" many times, barracking for Carlton, and it was full of St Kilda supporters who would make the "Carlton ferals" to whom you refer look like Rhodes scholars who joined the diplomatic corps.
With all due respect Jezza. The filth that came from the mouths of Carlton supporters at Princess Park in the 90's put Magpies supporters to shame.
The women there were worse than the men. Not just once, but every single visit. My sister at the ripe old age of 11 was called a sl*t by some toothless drunken Carlton mole.

We all have feral supporters. Yours are just much better at it than most. Funny how when we played the Hawks or the Royboys there the atmosphere was alot better.

You were a moron for venturing into the "Animal Enclosure" in the first palce. You had access to 100% of the outer and you chose that tiny little area to stand in. It serves you right. Brainless.

Carlton have always looked down at St Kilda. Stolen it's talent and traded it's crap to us, icluding Jezza.

The one thing you definatly do better than us is being FERAL. No other club comes close.

Enjoyeed constantly smashing you by around 100 points over the past decade, you pack of cheats. Your club was the laughing stock of the AFL for 10 years straight.

Carlton. What a joke. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saintsational Legend

Milburn was never sh*tt*ng himself bud.
And by all accounts when he was in the car park after the game walking to his car (by himself) he just laughed at people giving him a spray.

Jezza25

8856brother wrote:
Jezza25 wrote:
Jezza25 wrote:
He just laughed at them.
Gold!

With all due respect Jezza. The filth that came from the mouths of Carlton supporters at Princess Park in the 90's put Magpies supporters to shame.
The women there were worse than the men. Not just once, but every single visit. My sister at the ripe old age of 11 was called a sl*t by some toothless drunken Carlton mole.

We all have feral supporters. Yours are just much better at it than most. Funny how when we played the Hawks or the Royboys there the atmosphere was alot better.

You were a moron for venturing into the "Animal Enclosure" in the first palce. You had access to 100% of the outer and you chose that tiny little area to stand in. It serves you right. Brainless.

Carlton have always looked down at St Kilda. Stolen it's talent and traded it's crap to us, icluding Jezza.

The one thing you definatly do better than us is being FERAL. No other club comes close.

Enjoyeed constantly smashing you by around 100 points over the past decade, you pack of cheats. Your club was the laughing stock of the AFL for 10 years straight.

Leaving aside the other rubbish, the reason I went to the Animal Enclosure was because I was attending with St Kilda-supporting mates and that's were they stood. And I believe in this country I'm entitled to stand pretty much where I like.

To the extent I'm able I apologise to your sister.

Not a troll
Jezza25

8856brother wrote:
Jezza25 wrote:
Jezza25 wrote:
He just laughed at them.
Gold!

Leaving aside the other rubbish, the reason I went to the Animal Enclosure was because I was attending with St Kilda-supporting mates and that's were they stood. And I believe in this country I'm entitled to stand pretty much where I like.

To the extent I'm able I apologise to your sister.

Not a troll
Jezza25

By the way, do Craig Devonport and Sam Cranage constitute a large extent of your talent?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Not a troll
Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

Nobody has said Royce Hart so he's my first choice. I first saw him play in the 1966 Reserves Grand Final (which Richmond won, before we won the seniors!).
He was head a nd shoulders the best on the ground that day and I thought he'd have to play in the seniors in 1967 (he did, and they won the GF). He was the equal of Carey, Brereton and Jonthan Brown for courage and marking ability and goal kicking.

Gary Ablett and Chris Judd would be the next two I wish we'd gotten.

Winmar
Club Player

Richo. I love that guy.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

A few to ponder:

Richo - Enigmatic. Good fella, seemingly. Freak. One clubber despite it all.

Paul Kelly - Tough as. Relentless.

Bruce Doull - Just because.

Mickey Conlon, Paul Roos, Bernie Quinlan - Dad had a thing for the Roys and as a kid I was listening.

Shaun Hart - The Christian schtick always irked me, but geez he didn't leave much out there and if ever a bloke eked every last drop out his talent it was Harty.

John Gastev - genuinely honest trier in a godawful team (at the Bears), just liked him.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
DWOODROW
Club Player

Glen Archer #11

Loved the way this bloke went about his footy.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Mick Mc.Guane one of the best footy brains ever on the field, dead set fish in the pub!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!