Possible changes for Sydney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Possible changes for Sydney

Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:From what I saw at Sandy today Jimmy, Raph and Ledger are ready to come in this week. Schneider needs another week or so in the twos.
Ledger has slept with someone's missus ........no hope.
His only problem is he tries to take the game on by himself all the time. Needs to learn that it's a team game.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
felix
Club Player

Give raph a chance, he may suit our new style better than the old,he looked to scared to make a mistake under
Lyon. Big strong body with pace .

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:From what I saw at Sandy today Jimmy, Raph and Ledger are ready to come in this week. Schneider needs another week or so in the twos.
Ledger has slept with someone's missus ........no hope.
His only problem is he tries to take the game on by himself all the time. Needs to learn that it's a team game.
he does try and take it on but will learn - I think his effort needs to be rewarded and he could do a job.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Bernie.

Hopefully Fish also is right to go.

Shrappy
Club Player

Out: Gilbert (shocking all year), Stanley, Cripps, Gram (past it, just gets it and bombs it and refuses to make a contest), Wilkes (Blake very lucky we have no rucks)

In: Schneider, Gwilt, Fisher, Sipposs, Ledger, Archer maybe for some height

battye
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Buckets wrote:Ok time for shoe on the other foot Plugs.

Instead of saying he isn't good enough, who do you propose we bring in?

Yep fair enough. Fisher and Jimmy come in. We play Siposs as the third tall plus our 3 smalls with Rooy and Kosi. Blake rucks with back up from Kosi occasionly. Blake will have to go forward when resting which isnt ideal but not much choice. gilbert can move further up the ground so there is space for Jimmy and Chips.
Actually agree with that Plugs

Sippos has to come in - its future we are really after and to be fair, Wilkes aint future.

Siposs HAS to demand the ball and get in the game to hold that spot but should be given some games in a row to do so.

Love to squeeze Leger in for midfield leg speed and mongrel....at the expense of Armo?
Yep, agree wholeheartedly. Siposs for Wilkes, it has to be. plugger66 is spot on.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
avid
Club Player

The vacant forward spot has to go to either Siposs, Wilkes, or Archer.
I like the idea of giving Archer a go. The advantage is that he can run in the ruck too.
Worth a try I reckon.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

avid wrote:The vacant forward spot has to go to either Siposs, Wilkes, or Archer.
I like the idea of giving Archer a go. The advantage is that he can run in the ruck too.
Worth a try I reckon.
Archer is a rookie and therefore cannot play unless we have a long term injury

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Shrappy wrote:Out: Gilbert (shocking all year), Stanley, Cripps, Gram (past it, just gets it and bombs it and refuses to make a contest), Wilkes (Blake very lucky we have no rucks)

Gram was good for the third week in a row. People should watch a game without bias. Anyway we played well. There is no way there will be 5 changes.

saint6709
Club Player

Wilkes started where he left off the week before - dropped a chest mark while unmanned - he gets dropped and doesn't play - along with the guys who go out with injury - fisher, gwilt, sipposs, ledger, amongst those who can take a place

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Problem is the Zebs dont play another game until June 10 due to State Game and then having the bye. So going to make it hard for some players to press for selection or get enough game time into them. Reckon Schneider will come in this week and will be used as sub, better then getting no game time at all.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think we need to look at the side for the next TWO weeks. Firstly, the game against Sydney will be our 2nd in a row with a 6 day break (with a trip to Perth thrown in for good measure). We then have another 6 day break before facing up to Richmond. The side will need to be freshened up and then freshened up again. All of our young and inexperienced players will need to be monitored carefully and there could be more changes than a lot of people think over the next 2 weeks.

Stanley will definately miss both games and Cripps would have to have a ? hanging over him. Wilkes would have to be skating on thin ice. That would make a possible 3 changes for next week. I suspect that there could be another 2-3 changes for the Richmond game. Lets hope there are NO injuries to come out of the Sydney game

Players to be considered over the next 2 weeks would include; Fisher, Gwilt, Clarke, Ledger & Sippos. McEvoy could be an outside chance for the Richmond game !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

jays
Club Player

lol for sure

older saint
SS Life Member

OUT: Wilkes, Stanley (inj), Cripps(if Inj)

IN: Clarke, Gwilt, Fisher ( if Fit)- Sipposs if not

B: Geary, Gwilt, Simpkins
HB: Clarke, Fisher, Dempster
C: Steven, Hayes, Gram
HF: Milera Roo, Goddard
F: Milne, Kosi, Saad
Foll: Blake, Dal, Jones

Int: Armitage, Ray, Mont,
Sub: Gilbert

Sends message to Monty not working hard enough
Sends message to Gilbert - Turnovers kill us - also give sub flexibility can go forward or back . With Clarke back prefer as a utility on the wing where can push forward and T/O do not hurt as much'
Goddard starts as a floater and 3rd tall rotating through

Need to get a settled back 6 - 3 changes i know but got smashed yesterday

BadRossco
Club Player

Archer although he is no champion may be a better option than Wilkes

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Any possibility of Raph (playing really well) in for Wilkes (playing really badly), on the Half forward line???

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

older saint wrote:OUT: Wilkes, Stanley (inj), Cripps(if Inj)

I like it......

this should be a very interesting game, as it's the first time we play sydney with a new game style as apposed to the Lyon(SYD) method... I am really looking forward to it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:Gram was good for the third week in a row. People should watch a game without bias. Anyway we played well. There is no way there will be 5 changes.
Hi Pluggs, you've disappointed me. You are usually a harder marker. :wink: So, as per in another post, putting the boot on the other foot and hitting the ball into your court (and anyone else's who cares to comment for that matter)...

What pleases you re Grammy's current form?

My take is still the same: He actually started well, and I had my hopes up... But for me he still shows no urgency. You made a fair point previously that we shouldn't expect Lenny Hayes from Grammy. Fair enough. But another 21 cruisy, hardly noticeable, mostly bruise-free and totally non damaging to the E-girls possessions? So what positives does he actually bring? He no longer runs and carries. He's scored 1pt for the year. The positive side of Grammy's game is gone. He does not hurt the opposition anymore.

So that just leaves the not so positive side - his lack of urgency, his unwillingness to help out with the one percenters, and yeah I know, blah, blah, blah... And again, there's no one else on the list about whom I'd make this claim...

For me Grammy out would see the side loose nothing noticeable in output, and would give the chance for someone with an upside and a hunger to develop. Over to you ( and anyone else)...
older saint wrote: OUT: Wilkes, Stanley (inj), Cripps(if Inj)

Assuming the injuries (and recoveries from injuries) that we expect... similar to you Older Saint, but with a couple of tweaks to reflect my bias. :wink:

IN: Clarke, Gwilt, Sipposs, Ledger.
OUT: Wilkes (get his eyesight checked puh-leez), Stanley (inj), Cripps(Inj), Grammy.

B: Geary, Simpkin , Dempster
HB: Clarke, Gwilt, Gilbert
C: Steven, Hayes, Monty

Int: Armitage, Ray, Sipposs,
Sub: Ledger(?)

Still reckon Ledge' and Sippa' are part of our future and need to be fast tracked.
Dubious about rushing Sam F back so quickly after a hammy, especially as he's an 'older' player now.
BJ, Sam G and Sippa' to all spend periods as the third tall/ lead up forward. Agree with the wise words in another post re Sippa' needing to demand more of the ball. :idea:
Kosi to do the forward line rucking to give Blakey a chop out. And of course, where ever possible, lottsa' third man up stuff.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Shrappy wrote:Out: Gilbert (shocking all year), Stanley, Cripps, Gram (past it, just gets it and bombs it and refuses to make a contest), Wilkes (Blake very lucky we have no rucks)

Gram was good for the third week in a row. People should watch a game without bias. Anyway we played well. There is no way there will be 5 changes.
You're getting nicer in your old age and I can't believe you bothered with that.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Gram was good for the third week in a row. People should watch a game without bias. Anyway we played well. There is no way there will be 5 changes.
Hi Pluggs, you've disappointed me. You are usually a harder marker. :wink: So, as per in another post, putting the boot on the other foot and hitting the ball into your court (and anyone else's who cares to comment for that matter)...

What pleases you re Grammy's current form?

My take is still the same: He actually started well, and I had my hopes up... But for me he still shows no urgency. You made a fair point previously that we shouldn't expect Lenny Hayes from Grammy. Fair enough. But another 21 cruisy, hardly noticeable, mostly bruise-free and totally non damaging to the E-girls possessions? So what positives does he actually bring? He no longer runs and carries. He's scored 1pt for the year. The positive side of Grammy's game is gone. He does not hurt the opposition anymore.

So that just leaves the not so positive side - his lack of urgency, his unwillingness to help out with the one percenters, and yeah I know, blah, blah, blah... And again, there's no one else on the list about whom I'd make this claim...

For me Grammy out would see the side loose nothing noticeable in output, and would give the chance for someone with an upside and a hunger to develop. Over to you ( and anyone else)...
older saint wrote: OUT: Wilkes, Stanley (inj), Cripps(if Inj)

Assuming the injuries (and recoveries from injuries) that we expect... similar to you Older Saint, but with a couple of tweaks to reflect my bias. :wink:

IN: Clarke, Gwilt, Sipposs, Ledger.
OUT: Wilkes (get his eyesight checked puh-leez), Stanley (inj), Cripps(Inj), Grammy.

B: Geary, Simpkin , Dempster
HB: Clarke, Gwilt, Gilbert
C: Steven, Hayes, Monty

Int: Armitage, Ray, Sipposs,
Sub: Ledger(?)

Still reckon Ledge' and Sippa' are part of our future and need to be fast tracked.
Dubious about rushing Sam F back so quickly after a hammy, especially as he's an 'older' player now.
BJ, Sam G and Sippa' to all spend periods as the third tall/ lead up forward. Agree with the wise words in another post re Sippa' needing to demand more of the ball. :idea:
Kosi to do the forward line rucking to give Blakey a chop out. And of course, where ever possible, lottsa' third man up stuff.

Well firstly Grams job is to defend. Unlike some on here i find it nearly impossble to say who he played on for most of the game but I note no small forward kicked more than a goal so you would suggest he got the first part of his job correct. He also only had one clanger but his kicking efficentcy wasnt great. He was good early when we were under seige which to me shows he was ready to go. If only others had been good early we may have been close at half time. Anyway he isnt going to be dropped at the moment because there a few way ahead of him.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

According to Chris Pelchen, Sam Fisher is still another week away. But Gwilt should be good to go.

sax
Club Player

Out: Stanley (Inj), Wilkes, Cripps (Unlucky or Inj)
In: Gwilt, Clarke, Schneider

B: Dempster, Gwilt, Simpkin
HB: Gram, Gilbert, Clarke
C: Montagna, Hayes, Ray
HF: Steven, Goddard, Milera
F: Milne, Riewoldt, Saad
R: Koschitzke, Dal Santo, Jones
Int: Blake, Geary, Armitage
Sub: Schneider

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Out: Stanley Gilbert Cripps (if struggling with knee)
In: Gwilt Clarke Schieder (sub)

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Problem is the Zebs dont play another game until June 10 due to State Game and then having the bye. So going to make it hard for some players to press for selection or get enough game time into them. Reckon Schneider will come in this week and will be used as sub, better then getting no game time at all.
Well that should suit Markworth's development. Plenty gym time. :D

OUT: Stanley (inj), Cripps (inj)
IN: Gwilt, Siposs

obviously fisher won't come up, and i reckon cripps with a bit of a tweak will need a week off. schneider most likely still not fit. gwilt is a no-brainer as he's in our best side. siposs the most likely of the emergencies as he brings some goalkicking power; we don't need newnes (another small back) and polo wouldn't seem to add much. i'd be surprised if wilkes was dropped as i reckon scotty wants to keep a bit of height in the side, though i'd like to see us bring ledger in and go really short. ideally archer would come in for a couple of weeks, but there's no spot on the list for him unless you wanna throw webster under the bus.

FB: Dempster, Blake, Gwilt
HB: Gilbert, Simpkin, Geary
C: Gram, Hayes, Montagna
HF: Goddard, Riewoldt, Ray
FF: Milne, Wilkes, Milera
R: Koschitzke, Dal Santo, Jones
IC: Steven, Armitage, Saad
S: Siposs
E: Ledger, Newnes, Polo

up against it with that side, though. unless the small forwards have another night out we just won't kick enough goals.