Are you really happy with that?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Re: Are you really happy with that?

joffaboy wrote:But Teflon - it was an honourable loss (excuse no 1)

we were palying the top team (excuse 2)

we played interstate last week (excuse 3)

and we had a 6 day break (excuse 4)

and they had a 13 day break (excuse 5)

and the umpires were on their side (excuse 6).

I'm really proud of the boys, especially the conversion in front of goal.

FFS PATHETIC :roll: :roll:
They arent excuses d1ckhead they are FACTS!!!!
Every AFL player to a man admit openly that they take at least 3 days after a game to feel human again and most dont train fully until the Wednesday or Thursday. This is the most phyiscal and brutal game in the world as we play on the largest playing field for the longest time with huge blokes who hit to hurt.
When One side has 8 days longer than another they will be far better off that is FACT!!!
To actually outrun them and outscore them in the last qtr when every muscle in their bodies would have been telling them to stop was herculean, and for that reason I am so damn proud of each every player.
Yep we lost, and it hurts, but FFS stop taking pot shots at players who just gave it all for OUR team

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:We had 1+ scoring shot.

We had 20 more tackles

Not sure about contested possesions.

Pretty sure we won the clearances.

Had plenty down on form or sore, most probably from our run of short breaks.

Lost by 4 points against a top 4 club on their own heap.

All things considered, it's not too bad when you take the emotion out of it.

After our 2nd interstate trip in 6 days
+ 1
If you think we are contenders this year, you will be gutted tonight,
If you think we are re-building, then you can appreciate some of tonight while still being disappointed…

4 point loss when missing around 8 easy goals says we are around the mark, but go punch a brick wall if you are just so livid that you can't go to bed.

We're obviously a work in progress at the moment, Stanley & Saad in for Kosi & Milne would have been interesting tonight…

Austinnn
Club Player

I think the fact that so many of us are angry that we threw it away indicates to me that we're the real deal. If we were all cheering away saying how great it was to get so close to a real team then we'd be back in the days before Stan Alves.

I'd rather be incostistent than consistently bad it's true, but we're past that stage now...

To be inconsistent is to slip back a few years, and I think the players would be having that told to them right about now by Scott Watters.

Time to sharpen up a bit and find out who's going to take that final step.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We had 20 more tackles

Here they come...the excuses....

Weve had so many 6 day breaks.....yet could pull out a 6 goals burst in the last qtr? **** me.....ASK why we were in that positon to need to do that in the first place, dig a little deeper before you "rationalise" yourself into your comfort hole that says "yeah.....when we get it all right we'll beat anyone.."

ASK why Milne is awol till the last?
ASK where is Kosi??? is that acceptable
Why McEvoy? - he looked totally ineffective and lacking of run.....so why pick him?
WHY Couldnt Tippet have more body applied to him in the contest??

We were 5 goals down all night and lucky at times to be in touch - then decided to get real and play....why??

You need to put some emotion into it..

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:

Every AFL player to a man admit openly that they take at least 3 days after a game to feel human again and most dont train fully until the Wednesday or Thursday. This is the most phyiscal and brutal game in the world as we play on the largest playing field for the longest time with huge blokes who hit to hurt.
When One side has 8 days longer than another they will be far better off that is FACT!!!
To actually outrun them and outscore them in the last qtr when every muscle in their bodies would have been telling them to stop was herculean, and for that reason I am so damn proud of each every player.
Yep we lost, and it hurts, but FFS stop taking pot shots at players who just gave it all for OUR team
Take a hike @ss clown and ask how we got in that situation in the first place???
Stop making pathetic "heroe" excuses FFS.

“Yeah….nah””
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Because the Cows were 5 goals up and put the cue in the rack

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

We're 6 - 6 after a dream start to the draw…

We've lost to some very average sides…

We're not a great team, this isn't 2009 anymore.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:They arent excuses d1ckhead they are FACTS!!!!
Pissweak excuses bought by imbiciles like you :roll:
BringBackMadDog wrote:Every AFL player to a man admit openly that they take at least 3 days after a game to feel human again and most dont train fully until the Wednesday or Thursday. This is the most phyiscal and brutal game in the world as we play on the largest playing field for the longest time with huge blokes who hit to hurt.
So why did they run out the game better Einstein?
BringBackMadDog wrote:When One side has 8 days longer than another they will be far better off that is FACT!!!
So why didn't they run out the game better EINSTEIN?
BringBackMadDog wrote:To actually outrun them and outscore them in the last qtr when every muscle in their bodies would have been telling them to stop was herculean, and for that reason I am so damn proud of each every player.
By outrunning them, it shows that the 6 day break is a furphy used as an excuse by mediocrity grabbing non entities like you. FFS it is there for all to see. Same thing happed against Richmond after three 6 day breaks in a row.

But you lot use these excuses to hide a pitiful performance in front of goal. You excuse the likes of Milne and Kosi, and Steven, and Armo (Riewoldt has a legit excuse as his knee is playing up), you excuse the pitiful thrashing the Adelaide mids gave us all night and just use excuses to hide behind.
BringBackMadDog wrote:Yep we lost, and it hurts, but FFS stop taking pot shots at players who just gave it all for OUR team
I'll do what i want, dont like it put me on ignore. I haven't been so pissed off since the 09 Grand Final at the way we played tonight. How we got wnywhere near the Crows is a miracle and a half assed fluke.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:Super finish, but again, papers over the glaring cracks that these honorable 2nd halves have been doing all year. Saints can't control the ball under pressure and concede WAY too many points. You can't consistently have 100 points kicked against you and hope outscoring your opposition will win you the game.

Maybe it's the symptoms of playing kids, stars in their twilight, a defensive mindset shifting to an attacking mindset under a new coach, or a combination.
???? we kicked a 100 points against them, we started slow and ended well despite a short break , the Crows are a bloody good side....and so are the Saints...keep digging for more negatives and keep posting them...your doing real well.
Typical grand standing response from those who will only hear an opinion if it's all about the positives. Like I said, great finish and of course there are positives, like all our games this year, but doesn't change the fact that we concede too many points and make crucial turn-overs under pressure.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:

We had 20 more tackles

Here they come...the excuses....

Weve had so many 6 day breaks.....yet could pull out a 6 goals burst in the last qtr? **** me.....ASK why we were in that positon to need to do that in the first place, dig a little deeper before you "rationalise" yourself into your comfort hole that says "yeah.....when we get it all right we'll beat anyone.."

ASK why Milne is awol till the last?
ASK where is Kosi??? is that acceptable
Why McEvoy? - he looked totally ineffective and lacking of run.....so why pick him?
WHY Couldnt Tippet have more body applied to him in the contest??

We were 5 goals down all night and lucky at times to be in touch - then decided to get real and play....why??

You need to put some emotion into it..
I'm disappointed, don't worry about that.

But I don't care what anyone says 6 day breaks hurt when you are up against a side that has had a longer recovery.

They hurt you when you have them back to back to back.

If you don't understand that you've never played sport or trained.

They hurt alot more when you are older.

Who were our worst performers tonight?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

We had 20 more tackles

+ 1
If you think we are re-building, then you can appreciate some of tonight while still being disappointed…

4 point loss when missing around 8 easy goals says we are around the mark, but go punch a brick wall if you are just so livid that you can't go to bed.

We're obviously a work in progress at the moment, Stanley & Saad in for Kosi & Milne would have been interesting tonight…
Mate when do you wake up????

Weve lost Grand Finals cause we are notorius for "missing easy goals" FFS when does that get questioned? do we lack true skill under pressure? composure? what is it???

IMO we have certain types of players who are great when we are flying..........and awol when we need them in the clinch games to often. Weve lost to:

Port
Freo
Richmond

Hardly world on fire setters.......2 are mid table where we are....

“Yeah….nah””
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:[I'm disappointed, don't worry about that.

But I don't care what anyone says 6 day breaks hurt when you are up against a side that has had a longer recovery.

But Leo explain to me this simple fact.

We ran over the top of Adelaide in the last ten minutes.

How can a six day break be used as an excuse. Seems like the bye might be worse than the match fitness.

Watter said so himself.

Just an excuse for a disheartening display

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:They arent excuses d1ckhead they are FACTS!!!!
Pissweak excuses bought by imbiciles like you :roll:
BringBackMadDog wrote:Every AFL player to a man admit openly that they take at least 3 days after a game to feel human again and most dont train fully until the Wednesday or Thursday. This is the most phyiscal and brutal game in the world as we play on the largest playing field for the longest time with huge blokes who hit to hurt.
So why did they run out the game better Einstein?
BringBackMadDog wrote:When One side has 8 days longer than another they will be far better off that is FACT!!!
So why didn't they run out the game better EINSTEIN?
BringBackMadDog wrote:To actually outrun them and outscore them in the last qtr when every muscle in their bodies would have been telling them to stop was herculean, and for that reason I am so damn proud of each every player.
By outrunning them, it shows that the 6 day break is a furphy used as an excuse by mediocrity grabbing non entities like you. FFS it is there for all to see. Same thing happed against Richmond after three 6 day breaks in a row.

But you lot use these excuses to hide a pitiful performance in front of goal. You excuse the likes of Milne and Kosi, and Steven, and Armo (Riewoldt has a legit excuse as his knee is playing up), you excuse the pitiful thrashing the Adelaide mids gave us all night and just use excuses to hide behind.
BringBackMadDog wrote:Yep we lost, and it hurts, but FFS stop taking pot shots at players who just gave it all for OUR team
I'll do what i want, dont like it put me on ignore. I haven't been so pissed off since the 09 Grand Final at the way we played tonight. How we got wnywhere near the Crows is a miracle and a half assed fluke.
We ran the game out better because we refused to give in, it shows courage and desire something you obviously lack keyboard hero. And BTW next to you my cat is Einstein
Now go support Richmond where over-reacting to losses is far more acceptable

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:The boys were unbelievably heroic tonight. Refused to give in when most would. You f&@king couch heroes a the joke.
We may or may not make the eight this year. But based on that performance we have a crap load of upside now and into the future when everyone had written us off
Agree 100%.....and thank you Ross Lyon for ending your era. You have given us Scott Watters and some hope!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
wasaintsfan
Club Player

im suprised we dropped simpkin if not injured..... wouldve kept him back and popped blake forward to pinch hit in ruck ala stanley..... was good seeing schnieder back doing what he does best... so creative..... so damaging....
deffo not happy with that... again more scoring shots and lose.... which such simple kicks..... maybe we should fein injury on the set shots and let the auskick kids replace them... then after the goal make out hes ok again...
surely theres no rule about letting auskickers take place for 30 seconds?

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Take a hike @ss clown and ask how we got in that situation in the first place???
Stop making pathetic "heroe" excuses FFS.
Go F$%k yourself tool, I will support My club through thick and thin, why dont you go slash the wrists somewhere quietly

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

So much knowledge, so little appreciation (of the freakin' reality). We lost that game because, again, we failed to convert when we had our chances.

But, we're hard, we're competitive and by F*** we're never dead.

One of the reasons I love this footy club is because we evolve. We've done it so many times, we are now hard, tough to beat - yes, it pisses me off when we lose games like tonight, but, by F***, we are improving.

The rest of 2012 is ours.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
dragit wrote:

We had 20 more tackles

+ 1

Mate when do you wake up????

Weve lost Grand Finals cause we are notorius for "missing easy goals" FFS when does that get questioned? do we lack true skill under pressure? composure? what is it???

IMO we have certain types of players who are great when we are flying..........and awol when we need them in the clinch games to often. Weve lost to:

Port
Freo
Richmond

Hardly world on fire setters.......2 are mid table where we are....
I'm awake, but what do you want me to do…?
What's the answer - more goal kicking practice?
New players - Beau Wilkes?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
I'm disappointed, don't worry about that.

So our 6 day breaks mean Kosi has the entire night off?
Milne decides he can finally run in the last 10 minutes and only kick straight then?
Armitage - see Milne?
Blake decides he wont body Tippet at all?

If you are honestly accepting that loss - from 34 pts down at 12min mark to within 4 by the siren when it was all too late and blaming it all at the feet of "6 day breaks" then that Im afraid is embracing medicority.

We dont play in an even competition. The fixtureis fixed - you either deal with it or fold cause it aint going away.

Tonight Crows ran out of lesg - we coulda gone for another 5 minsour loss wasnt because of 6 day breaks - its because SERIAL OFFENDERS lack composure under pressure to perform when the heat is on and the team really needs them...........and tonight isnt the first time we've done this is it?

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:Super finish, but again, papers over the glaring cracks that these honorable 2nd halves have been doing all year. Saints can't control the ball under pressure and concede WAY too many points. You can't consistently have 100 points kicked against you and hope outscoring your opposition will win you the game.

Maybe it's the symptoms of playing kids, stars in their twilight, a defensive mindset shifting to an attacking mindset under a new coach, or a combination.
???? we kicked a 100 points against them, we started slow and ended well despite a short break , the Crows are a bloody good side....and so are the Saints...keep digging for more negatives and keep posting them...your doing real well.
Typical grand standing response from those who will only hear an opinion if it's all about the positives. Like I said, great finish and of course there are positives, like all our games this year, but doesn't change the fact that we concede too many points and make crucial turn-overs under pressure.
Grand standing response? Care to search through my post history? I usually come out punching and highlight the negatives but not tonight. I will bag an opinion If I deem it ordinary. I'll repeat we were outclassed by a very good side for the majority but commend the boys on their tenacity to not only stay in the game but nearly steal it.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

"Are you really happy with that?" For me that's not the main point..., this is...
Austinnn wrote:We are not quite at the West Coast or Pies level, but I'd say we're not too far away from the rest.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: I'm awake, but what do you want me to do…?
What's the answer - more goal kicking practice?
New players - Beau Wilkes?
Simpkin wouldnt have gone for mine.
Blake to ruck - McEvoy to two's (clearly needed a run)
Saad passed the concussion test IMO they went cautious - he plays
Milne doesnt go interstate.
Kosi on notice - when Stanley is back his spot is a form based thing.
Geary for Gram
Ledger sub.

So yeah, pesronnel needs to change cause we aint winning the flag allowing sides to score 100 pts a game against us with the same offenders missing when it counts.

“Yeah….nah””
kalsaint
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Are you honestly happy with a side that decides to REALLY have a friggin go in the last 5 mins for another "honourable" loss?

Im **** livid after that.

Forget excuses, forget 6 day breaks, forget "goal misses" - this side decides WHEN ITS ALL TO LATE to have a friggin go??

Milne - disgrace. When needed early in the game, when we REALLY had time to put the scoreboard pressure on them lets us down again - as he did in GF's. I could care less about his last few minutes...just a joke.

Kosi - nearly fell off the couch laughing when he decides to mark the friggin ball finally in the last qtr.

Reality is: we are mid table, 6 and 6 scratching our @ss with freo/Richmond et al cause we have players that play well at Etihad when we are "on fire" as a team.

That game was very winnable - we made them look unbelievably good and saw them crumble FINALLY when we applied some pressure in the last.

Pathetic.

I saw the end of the game just now. I must say I feel the same way Teflon. Absolutely peeved. Lost opportunity. A finals pretender if this trend continues and we fall into the 8. We need to build consecutive wins.

Winning quarters of footy is great but not if they arent converted into wins. Not enough pressure on opposition ball handlers early. I dont blame the defenders but the pressure relief for the crows occured by really poor execution by hand and foot many times when under no extreme pressure. Jack Steven and Lenny Hayes come to mind here. I lost count of the number of turnovers by the Len Dog tonight after working hard to get possession.

The really annoying fact to me is the poor conversion of score after considerable effort to work it forward. This really saps the team's energy at times and the opposition is always a chance to score quickly immediately afterwards. I counted this happening 7 times tonight.

Milne got into the game in the last but missed what I consider a couple of sitters. Nick missed 25m out right in front. Steven continues to run too close to players before kicking and got touched at one stage that should have been a goal. We cant keep doing this and expect to win.

Credit to Adelaide. They did look good at times. Some due to no one at the ground contest after packs bring down the ball. Adelaide flogged us at that today. Sometimes their brilliant player protection when they get the ball was the reason. I have been harping about lifting protection for ball carriers for about 3 years now. We did it in 2009 and forget this thereafter. I still see this aspect of our game plan as not being strong. Without it we will continue to cough up the ball due to perceived pressure and bevcause of our poor foot skills at times.

Look forward to an improvement in 2013 but we need to get some defense back into our game. Nice seeing some goals kicked but an Adelaide score of 103 at 3/4 time is just not acceptable, particularly when many are reasonably easy goals at good conversion rates. Scott was on the money at 3/4 time about defence clearing to the corridor. Easy pickings.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Leo.J
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Leo.J wrote:[I'm disappointed, don't worry about that.

But Leo explain to me this simple fact.

We ran over the top of Adelaide in the last ten minutes.

How can a six day break be used as an excuse. Seems like the bye might be worse than the match fitness.

Watter said so himself.

Just an excuse for a disheartening display
It's a reasonable question Joffa.

You played footy didn't you Joffa?

Answer me this, when you were sore after a game how well did you run early on at training on the Tuesday? Especially when you were older?

You'd start off stiff and then warm up.

As you get older somes times you wouldn't run the soreness out until thursday, and some times you'd be sore up until the following saturday.

IMO it's not just about running out of legs, especially if you have the base fitness, it's about starting slowly, and taking a while to get going.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Grand standing response? Care to search through my post history? I usually come out punching and highlight the negatives but not tonight. I will bag an opinion If I deem it ordinary. I'll repeat we were outclassed by a very good side for the majority but commend the boys on their tenacity to not only stay in the game but nearly steal it.[/quote]

Why did we have to "nearly steal it"
Why can the Crows coach lament after the game that in that final 10 mins they were outclassed by us?
Why do the same non performers interstate get a "leave pass"??

You really come out "punching" with those hard hitting exuses Scotty Palmer...
:roll:

“Yeah….nah””