3 goals missed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Re: 3 goals missed

Just ask Zaharakis.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

two things cost us again. Poor goal shooting and inconsistent umpiring.

head high tackles, holding the ball, blocking and deliberate out on the full was erroneous by the umpires.

Poor goal kicking cost us again. Roo actually seems better at 50m than he does in the 30 to 45 range. Very much like buckets IMO.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The absolute sitter goals that we missed - and there were plenty - kept us at arms length out of the contest - kick half of these and the pressure mounts on the crows and we probably get the points - note that I said probably - either way the misses were inexcusable and in the end cost us the game

We have no one else to blame except ourselves

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The old cliche still reads tru - bad kicking is very, very bad football. So much work goes into getting the ball forward and into good goal kicking position, then "experienced AFL footballers" can't drill them from 35 metres out, right in front, must do wonders for team confidence. :cry: Even worse these days, a Point gives the Crows the ball and they are off, down the ground again !!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately the two blokes that have most of our shots at goal do not handle pressure very well and continue to fail in big moments. The game was won and lost when Roo and Milne missed their chances directly in front. At least Roo battles hard 100% of the time. Milne this season looks as though he only tries when he can add to a highlight reel. Lack of chase from Milne and Kosi killed us. You'd think they would gain some inspiration from their captain when he chased Dangerfield in the last quarter.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Old Mate wrote:...Lack of chase from Milne and Kosi killed us...
I can't ever remember Kosi putting in big strides to chase someone. He does run, but either his aerobic capacity ain't there, or his attitude sucks. Not sure which.
Milne sometimes chases, but not often enough.
I suppose both of them want to save their energy in case our defenders get possession. Not good enough at all.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Milne is so hard to judge because in 2 minutes of brilliance can do what no one else can. Awful game for 3 quarters but close to won it for us. Roo may have been selfish playing if he wasn't fit. A fit Wilkes may have jagged 4 goals and won the game for us. No one knows if he was right to play or not but I hope he did the team thing.