Saints chase Caddy, Brown

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Saints chase Caddy, Brown

savatage wrote:Yeah I'll trust "staff writer" for my information.
Well said Savatage. There has been many contrary reports of what Caddy "wants" and I would think playing AFL in Melbourne heads up that list. There are reports that the Saints believe they are close with turning Jamie Cripps around, and yet the paper reports that he has already moved back to Perth. Take everything with a large dose of salt at this time of year, and remember;

IF ANYONE CAN
THE PELI CAN !!
Last edited by Dis Believer on Thu 04 Oct 2012 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
savatage
SS Life Member

I saw a very negative article from "staff writer" that just sounded like someone with an axe to grind not long ago - so yeah man....let's just wait and see what unfolds! Go the pelican!

doggerel
Club Player

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Clayton said the Suns had spoken to most Victorian-based clubs over the future of Josh Caddy, who has said he wants to return to Victoria, and while a deal was a long way off, market demand for the young midfielder was positive.

"It is our job to try to get the best deal possible for ourselves," he said.

Clayton said that Caddy's preference was relevant to the discussions, as everyone - including the player - had to agree to what might be proposed.

He described the player and the Suns' approach as fair-minded".

"We'll get an outcome. There is no doubt about that."

Clayton said he didn't think finalising a Caddy deal was critical for a bid to sign Tippett, as experience told him that tying deals together made them harder to finalise.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
SaintTom
Club Player

So what is the deal with Caddy...lot's of people are saying he will only go to North or Cats and that he's not interested in playing for the Saints, I'm hearing from places (such as here) that he's had a few meetings with the Saints and would be happy to come here?

Does anyone know anything definitive either way? Is it certain that he's had meetings with the Saints, or is that a rumour? Or conversely, has there been any actual talk that he isn't interested in coming here?

Or (as I suspect) is it all entirely speculative?

Saintersss
Club Player

SaintTom wrote:So what is the deal with Caddy...lot's of people are saying he will only go to North or Cats and that he's not interested in playing for the Saints, I'm hearing from places (such as here) that he's had a few meetings with the Saints and would be happy to come here?

Does anyone know anything definitive either way? Is it certain that he's had meetings with the Saints, or is that a rumour? Or conversely, has there been any actual talk that he isn't interested in coming here?

Or (as I suspect) is it all entirely speculative?
It's all speculation until, Caddy, his manager or the Suns come out and say that Caddy has chosen a specific club. Some people have said Caddy is willing to go to any Victorian club, some have said he only wants to go to North.

I believe Emma Quayle said Caddy is willing to go to either St Kilda, North or Geelong and she is one source I would classify as pretty reliable.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

North for mine. Club on the immediate rise. Closest to his home. All along that's been important to him.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:North for mine. Club on the immediate rise. Closest to his home. All along that's been important to him.

I still think they will struggle to get a decent pick to swap with GC and Stkilda is at least a melbourne based club. Still say we are in the box seat.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

gone are the days where the manager rings you on your overseas end of season trip and says' hey your playing for ##### next year"
ala Zac dawson when he arrived at the Saints.
Last edited by saintbrat on Fri 05 Oct 2012 8:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
Thinline wrote:North for mine. Club on the immediate rise. Closest to his home. All along that's been important to him.

I still think they will struggle to get a decent pick to swap with GC and Stkilda is at least a melbourne based club. Still say we are in the box seat.
I think we can do the best deal, but still believe Caddy needs convincing. As long as we are one of his 'few nominated clubs' we have a chance.

Having said that if it was a choice between Frawley and Stevens or Caddy and Cripps I know who I'd choose for the future of our club...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

every year there is a player just like Caddy who is linked to 1 or 2 clubs for weeks then out of the blue another club nabs him at the last minute. Mitch Clark last year was going back to WA and Freo for weeks, then at he last minute he lobs at Melbourne.

The start of the trade period is coming and I reckon the Pelican is sitting one back one wide and just watching the front runners before he makes his moves.

Perhaps BJ's departure (and possibly Cripps) has increased the focus on getting some mids - up until a couple of weeks ago i would have said our sole focus would have been on key defenders and ruckmen.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Zed wrote:...The start of the trade period is coming and I reckon the Pelican is sitting one back one wide and just watching the front runners before he makes his moves...
Well said I reckon Zed.

The Pelican is from the Chuck Norris school of recruiting...

The Pelican doesn't sleep... he waits.

... and then he swoops. (Cue evil laugh.) :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Pelch has fashioned a shiv from his clip board and is going to disembowel some of those soft recruiters than sit around sipping take away lattes all day.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

So according to the ever reliable twitter, Caddy has chosen North. Don't believe it as I don't believe Suns have allowed him to do so. Even still, getting a big name like Caddy or Frawley was sort of curbing my disappointment of losing Beej... will be pretty shattered if we don't bring in a big name tbh.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Dave McNamara wrote: The Pelican is from the Chuck Norris school of recruiting...
The Pelican doesn't sleep... he waits.
... and then he swoops. (Cue evil laugh.) :twisted:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Maverick Weller is on the trade table and I wouldn't put it past the armed pelican to go and raid the GC list from behind.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:So according to the ever reliable twitter, Caddy has chosen North. Don't believe it as I don't believe Suns have allowed him to do so. Even still, getting a big name like Caddy or Frawley was sort of curbing my disappointment of losing Beej... will be pretty shattered if we don't bring in a big name tbh.
Caddy's not a big name. He can't be - he's played 20 games for a club that's won a handful in 2 years.

But, I agree the Norf "certainty" must be a nonsense. Yesterday he was a certainty to go to Geelong. What hope us to be the certainty by Monday?

Too may scribes, not enough outlets.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Pelchin will recruit Beau Dowler again, or Mitch thorp or Beau Muston..... Or think Xavier Ellis is worth pick #3...

He's a miracle worker

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Maybe Pelchin will recruit Beau Dowler again, or Mitch thorp or Beau Muston..... Or think Xavier Ellis is worth pick #3...

He's a miracle worker
He has made mistakes, that's true. Maybe we should hire an experienced recruiter/footy department head who's never made a mistake. Can you tell me who that would be?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
BigMart wrote:Maybe Pelchin will recruit Beau Dowler again, or Mitch thorp or Beau Muston..... Or think Xavier Ellis is worth pick #3...

He's a miracle worker
He has made mistakes, that's true. Maybe we should hire an experienced recruiter/footy department head who's never made a mistake. Can you tell me who that would be?

His name is hindsight Martin. This guy would be amazing. Never makes a mistake. The only problem is they would be at other clubs for a year or two to see how good or bad they are. Lets face it any moron could knock any recruiter in the AFL.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sat 06 Oct 2012 10:54am, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

He's a miracle worker
Yep, Bigmart!!

“Yeah….nah””
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Surely AFL clubs are lining up to recruit BigMart.

How is it that an everyday man somehow knows so much more than professionals who follow this stuff full-time all year?

He is the mesiah of drafting. Hopefully the Saints give him a job before anyone else gets in.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

mohannair
Club Player

We should not chase a player who is not intrested in playing for the Saints. Even if we somehow manage his heart will not be at the Saints & will force a trade out in couple of years.

defacto
Club Player

caddy to norf rumor isnt true. geelong still front runners. god norf fans are pathetic sometimes

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thanks plugger, but I'm sure I've pointed out that I am NO expert!!

Also pointed out in a lengthy post, the many poor judgements I had in hindsight, but don't mention that... In fact you never tell the full story if it doesn't assist your point now, do you??

You just don't like the fact that I have bagged the club for what I (just a member/supporter) believe are ridiculous mistakes.
More so, it pisses you when I'm proven right??

Question
Am I allowed an opinion??

Another
Were my calls on
Lovett, Ball, Maguire, Howard, X.Clarke, Howard, Sweeney, Cripps, Cousins...... All HINDSIGHT were they

Because at the time you criticised me for going too early..... Which is it??

Can you have it both ways???

BTW. Our list management has been outstanding since 2010

But Pelchin ain't no messiah, nor should he be blindly believed.... Like every expert, he should be challenged and held to account

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Thanks plugger, but I'm sure I've pointed out that I am NO expert!!

Also pointed out in a lengthy post, the many poor judgements I had in hindsight, but don't mention that... In fact you never tell the full story if it doesn't assist your point now, do you??

You just don't like the fact that I have bagged the club for what I (just a member/supporter) believe are ridiculous mistakes.
More so, it pisses you when I'm proven right??

Question
Am I allowed an opinion??

Another
Were my calls on
Lovett, Ball, Maguire, Howard, X.Clarke, Howard, Sweeney, Cripps, Cousins...... All HINDSIGHT were they

Because at the time you criticised me for going too early..... Which is it??

Can you have it both ways???

BTW. Our list management has been outstanding since 2010

But Pelchin ain't no messiah, nor should he be blindly believed.... Like every expert, he should be challenged and held to account

Firstly I wasnt even on this forum when most of those players were picked up so please dont lie that I criticised you. Why is Cripps mentioned? What has been proven with him yet. people and not just me criticised you because of a stupid comment about a photo. Now that was funny. Also why do you only mention me. Plenty others laugh at your hindsight recruiting as shown by the responses on this thread. Your fascination in me is nice but a bit creepy as I am sure you said you were married and that is why you have no friends or something like that. And I am pretty sure Pelchin is no messiah and since you wrote this to me if you could find a post where I have suggested otherwise please show it. By the way he isnt even the head recruiter. You do know that dont you?

And you are right most times. Well you are very occasionally. That is when you do respond. Most times when you are wrong you just run away. How was the SS voting anyway. Classic BM and your MO. Run and admit no wrong.

And a perfect example of going early and hindsight. Cripps doesnt even have a photo and the Parker thread. Why did you wait 2 years for the Parker thread?