BJ=BS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: BJ=BS

That may be their new marketing campaign

We put the DON in Brendon...

bozza1980
Club Player

It is a hard one.

Of course there are numerous reasons for the move, at the end of the day he only has to justify this decision to one person.

By refusing to divulge, it makes it sound sinister, which it may or not be, who knows.

I wish this was the end of the noise about the move but I have a feeling we'll hear a bit more in the lead up to rd 4.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Rosco
Club Player

barneyboyz wrote:
Rosco wrote:meh. and it's brendon, not that it matters.

This reminds me of why it's been a while for me...funny though, I can't help but read from this site fairly regularly; it just draws me back

Sorry mate, at least we are all Sainters

Barneyboyz
hardly a stinging criticism.

i just find that it's disrespectful not to get someone's name right, whether he's a rookie or a defector.

rexy
SS Life Member

Don't believe for a second the club were happy to see the back of him but respect the decision to stay true to a payment structure that they see as fair and reasonable! I loved BJ as a player and his attitude to the opposition but am strangely buoyed by our list management and game style! Club is bigger than individuals and going in an attacking and professional direction IMO

Maybe this year?
Playon
Club Player

Personally I hope he regrets his decision after we win the flag in 2013 :) Or 2014 once we get an established FB eg Mitch Brown. And of course we thump the Bummers.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Article in todays Australian

"Goddard coy on trouble at Saints"........................... A guarded Brendon Goddard is reluctant to detail his decision to abandon St Kilda. As the Saints arrived in Boulder, Colarado for a two week high-altitude camp. Goddard was training with his new side, Essendon, on the Gold Coast.

The 27 year old, who became the first player to change clubs under the free-agency rules, cited the length of contract, offered by Essendon as a primary reason for his departure, but he noted "things had not been going well".

"I'm not going to say the exact reason (I left) because there is more than one"...........................................................

" It wasn't until the very end of the season where you start to think things aren't going as well as you thought with contract talks and a few other things".................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

But Goddard yesterday said he had discussed his departure with his former teammates at Riewoldt's wedding and felt there was no lingering resentment.

"It's a decision I've made and obviously there are some people who are happy and some who are not, but you quickly realise you can't please everybody." Goddard told SEN radio.

Looks like while the Saints are away in US.......................... Goddard intends to have his time spruiking up his reasons................. seems he can't let go the Saints, and the fact that they let him go. Tough luck princess enjoy your lack of sucess at Essendon.

Sorry can't find the link to give you the whole article................... too long to type out.................. and the rest is just a rehash of Cripps going, Gram sacking and Winmar delisting and Fisher ?..................... and unlike the heading of the article it is misleading as Goddard doesn't make any comment on those factors.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I got the feeling he was trying to justify it to him self..
To me this one line sums it up perfectly. He and the Bummers are now trying to justify the move and the dollars and the media spin will ramp up. Expect to see more of him and the bummers telling the footy world how much they love each other

I love this club
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

we got rid of him at a good time... i don't think he's going to be a massive loss at all. agree time to forget and move on. pity media can not.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

in my opinion i think there is a bit of bitterness between BJ and the club because of the way the club were seen to be more than happy to see him go ... i reckon that will hit the ego a bit knowing you gave your all for the club and in the end they were not as devistated as your would expect them to be when you left ... long term i dont think Scotty or Pelch felt that Goddard is the man that they could build the team around he is a great player no doubt but in the big picture paying top dollar for a star while you are in rebuild mode is kinda silly especially when BJ's form was on a downward trend..
the club would have loved to keep him but not as the main man .. i think BJ was not too impressed with Scottys plans for him in 2013 if he stayed i dont think BJ wanted to wait the next 3 years while we rebuild .. at this point in time Essendon and St Kilda are both pretty much on level pegging as mid tier 6th- 11th placed teams in the comp for BJ he sees Essendon on the rise from that and us realistically on the downward run.. i think Essendon sold it to him about being the main man in the team they sold him the line that with Jobe in the midfeild he would be less likely to be tagged out and the long row of shiney premiership cups in the display cabinet wouldnt have hurt the selling of Essendon to him ...

in the end i think both parties will walk away as winners out of this

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Playon
Club Player

The other thing is Goddard is pretty much coy on anything, after watching him on the footy show for years. It seems part of his nature. But in the end does it matter? I feel we've moved on and don't think there will be any noticeable difference to the side. Who knows maybe even improvements. Goddard is over rated.

Q-TRAIN
Club Player

We all like to think we know whats going on down at the club, but really! Behind closed doors who the hell knows what really goes on??
From a basic view it looked like he thought were not a realistic chance at reaching another GF for a few yrs and he was offered a longer contract with lots more $$$$$$$$ so he pissed off. Half of me hates him, and half of me doesnt blame him.
One thing i do know is guys like BJ just show us why guys like Barker and Harvey are Bloody Legends and stand head and shoulders above guys like him.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I thought BJ stood for bl*w job, not bullsh*t :?

Appropriate since he has sucked for the past two seasons.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think his post footy job helped. He knows the danger of running an import business from south east asia which is the latrobe valley's only way of becoming a big shot.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Q-TRAIN wrote:We all like to think we know whats going on down at the club, but really! Behind closed doors who the hell knows what really goes on??
From a basic view it looked like he thought were not a realistic chance at reaching another GF for a few yrs and he was offered a longer contract with lots more $$$$$$$$ so he pissed off. Half of me hates him, and half of me doesnt blame him.
One thing i do know is guys like BJ just show us why guys like Barker and Harvey are Bloody Legends and stand head and shoulders above guys like him.

and thats about how i feel.