Care Factor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Care Factor

White Winmar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I'm having footy "withdrawal". I need a fix. Desperately! Hands shaking, sweats, tremor, dizziness! Need footballllllllll.......lights fading.............

I get the same symtons when i havent had sex in a while. Happens for 52 weeks a year.
Strewth, I thought that every night, after you'd finished on this forum, you went to bed and slept on a pile of your cash, surrounded by underwear models!

I thought you didnt know me?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I know more than you think, grasshopper. Now how about you sling me one of those spare models!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I know more than you think, grasshopper. Now how about you sling me one of those spare models!

You can have Andrej Pejic.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I know more than you think, grasshopper. Now how about you sling me one of those spare models!

That my prolific poster, is a deal!

saint6709
Club Player

looking forward to seeing the young blokes - wouldn't mind if we rested the top 12 walk up starters and played everyone else

saint-stu
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That my prolific poster, is a deal!
LOL! :lol:

1ac46a38
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:What is your care factor in regards to the NAB Cup. Personally mine is quite low, especially with the new format.
If we end up in the final, then yes it would be nice to win, but, as it is now, just consider it as televised practice matches.

This line gets bandied out every year. Its like a broken record.

People at work all over this one as well.

NAB Cup is about footy in summer, seeing the young players play and seeing the new players play. Who has ever compared it to anything more than practice matches.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

footys back

enough said

battye
Saintsational Legend

The 2004 win was pretty enjoyable. That whole season had a pretty good feel about it actually. We were so close.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:The 2004 win was pretty enjoyable. That whole season had a pretty good feel about it actually. We were so close.
...and on the way up! At that point it felt like anything was possible in the next five or six years. Now it's all tinged with a bit of sadness because it feels like we're on an inevitable downward slide.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

noddy04 wrote:In March1996 we drove over for our first ever visit to Waverley to see the MIGHTY SAINTS absolutely demolish Kernahan and his mates in the Ansett Cup. It was awesome. I loved it when we beat the crows here in 40 degree heat in 2008 by 5 points. I will be there with my wife and mother in law, sister in law and Dools on Sunday arvo and cant wait for it. Footy is footy whatever form it in :)
I remember that game in 2008. It was damn hot and was really really weird seeing the team presented on stage in an empty stadium. That turned out to be an awesome weekend as from Adelaide I flew to Sydney to watch the Melbourne Tigers beat Sydney in the NBL grand final before heading back to Melbourne. 2 lots of silverware in the same weekend!

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
Megamaguire
Club Player

noddy04 wrote:In March1996 we drove over for our first ever visit to Waverley to see the MIGHTY SAINTS absolutely demolish Kernahan and his mates in the Ansett Cup. It was awesome. I loved it when we beat the crows here in 40 degree heat in 2008 by 5 points. I will be there with my wife and mother in law, sister in law and Dools on Sunday arvo and cant wait for it. Footy is footy whatever form it in :)
Glad you experienced that win over the blues. It did feel like a special night. Iremember leaving the stands and feeling like i was basking in the warm temps of a late summer night - with a great sunset and loving the St.Kilda demolition of Carlyadayadayada at a ground that brought us a fair bit of success.
Nicky Winmar was memorable that night. The crowd from memory seemed 80% St. Kilda and it felt pretty full.

Have a good weekend!

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I have to say that never has a preseason game meant as much to me as the 1996 win over Carlton. Nearly 70,000 (mainly saints) screaming all night, creating a true GF-like atmosphere. That was the first time in 26 years, up to that point, of following the saints that we'd won anything. The scenes of sainters turning the oval into a sea of red, black and white after the final siren is one of my fondest footy memories. It was almost matched by the sour looks on a couple of Carlscum fans in front of me, who near the end scoffed, "It's only a practice match. Who cares?" I replied, "What are you doing here then?" They left straight away.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I have to say that never has a preseason game meant as much to me as the 1996 win over Carlton. Nearly 70,000 (mainly saints) screaming all night, creating a true GF-like atmosphere. That was the first time in 26 years, up to that point, of following the saints that we'd won anything. The scenes of sainters turning the oval into a sea of red, black and white after the final siren is one of my fondest footy memories. It was almost matched by the sour looks on a couple of Carlscum fans in front of me, who near the end scoffed, "It's only a practice match. Who cares?" I replied, "What are you doing here then?" They left straight away.

I agree it was fantastic. Went back to the ground and you would swear we won a GF but the pre season has changed. It really is now only a practice match series. Of course if you happen to win it it is great for the money but I can honestly I cant remember the last night series GF we made. Was it 2004?

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

We beat Adelaide over there one year didn't we?
It may have been before though.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saint3d
Club Player

Last win was in 2008 against Adelaide, yes. I have no recollection of the match at all, but apparently it was hot.

The last time we made the final (I don't like saying Grand Final about the preseason) was 2010 against the Bulldogs. I remember because I watched the first half at the hospital while visiting my wife and newborn daughter.

It was even until half time, and then it was time to bath the baby. When I got back the Bulldogs had won by ten goals, and I couldn't have been happier.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

If that was the nab cup gf I remember it.
Two of us in the members bay on our own dancing.
Ten thousand odd crows fans were not happy in the stand next to us.
Must of been my dance moves....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I love seeing the kids coming on and seeing glimpses of our future. Lee might play crap and we can write him off for ever. beaumeister has wet our appetites and unless he kick 13 goals even a name change won't hide him from whippingboy duties.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I've got the NAB press conference on in the background with James Hird talking.

Would it kill the AFL to buy 2 microphones and put them in the press area so we can actually here the questions being asked.

Fair dinkum, is this 2013 or 1913?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Looking forward to watching the boys play but not worried about the result until usually the last round of NAB when you think they should be starting to hit their straps

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
battye wrote:The 2004 win was pretty enjoyable. That whole season had a pretty good feel about it actually. We were so close.
...and on the way up! At that point it felt like anything was possible in the next five or six years. Now it's all tinged with a bit of sadness because it feels like we're on an inevitable downward slide.
I reckon this side has one more definite tilt at top four in it, if our very good experienced players can stay healthy, Ledger and Stanley can match Newnes and Sippos' progress, and Roberton, Hickey or someone similar can mind FB.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
felix
Club Player

Watters has come out and said he has no care factor ....so I guess we shouldn't care either