Cripps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cripps

battye wrote:Siposs is probably the only good draft selection we've made in 5 years. Thank God Peake was able to convince RL...

So McEvoy, Armo, Steven, Newnes,and Simpkin (just off the top of my head) are hacks?

yeah righto :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Watts the Buzz
Club Player

Typical game from Cripps - not a heap of possessions, lacks pace but bobs up and does some nice things and normally finishes with a couple of goals - will never be a world beater but you can count on him to snag a couple of sausage rolls for you if nothing else.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:Disposal efficiency is 37%
Efficiency just measures the percentage of disposals that were uncontested or long and to a contest. It's not really a good measure of quality. You can turn the ball over with an effective disposal and maintain possession with an ineffective one. Forwards usually have a much lower efficiency because their disposals are shorter and more contested. Cripps is down as having zero turnovers. I haven't seen the game, but I'm prepared to guess he wasn't nearly as woeful as some of this thread has suggested. He's also down as having won more than half his disposals in a contest and laid six tackles.

I was sorry to see him go, but happy with TDL as a replacement.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:David Swallow was pre listed by GC and played VFL but was still pick 1 in 2010.

They got some local talent and were able to trade them for picks

David Swallow was never pre listed.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Perhaps should have been, recruiters too busy looking for a reason not to draft a kid, they fail to see the most important thing..... Can he play??
Andrew Lovett could play a bit. So could Caydn Beetham and Dayle Garlett. Maybe there are important factors other than just on-field skill.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Didn't WCE have about 6 players out injured?

That's prob why Cripps got a game.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:word in Perth is Cripps has been pushing hard during training for selection and Worsfold has big wraps for him due to his work rate at training also Worsfold was happy with his preseason games (honestly i didnt even notice him in the game i watched ) .. good luck to him but i dont see him being in the team for too long not once the WCE top end mids start coming back ... on Brown he is again going to be playing more WAFL this year unless injurys hit the back line at the eagles .. come years end i still have doubts to if he will ever pull on a saints jumper as i reckon he will sign an extention mid year with Glass coming close to the end
St. Trav - who is MItch Brown's WAFL-alignment club? I'd like to keep an eye on him if he's not in the 22.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:St. Trav - who is MItch Brown's WAFL-alignment club? I'd like to keep an eye on him if he's not in the 22.
East Fremantle, I think?

If Mackenzie's injury keeps him out for a few weeks then we'll see Mitch in the AFL anyway.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
Heidelberg_Saint wrote:St. Trav - who is MItch Brown's WAFL-alignment club? I'd like to keep an eye on him if he's not in the 22.
East Fremantle, I think?

If Mackenzie's injury keeps him out for a few weeks then we'll see Mitch in the AFL anyway.
Glass is under an injury cloud too isnt he?? Hopefully Brown gets enough game time in the coming rounds to convince him to stay an Eagle..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
bergholt wrote:
East Fremantle, I think?

Glass is under an injury cloud too isnt he?? Hopefully Brown gets enough game time in the coming rounds to convince him to stay an Eagle..

I agree. Why is seconds player a god amongst some Saints supporters. If we are going to trade this year at least get someone young or a regular firsts player.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Probably because he sits behind an all time great as a FB

Captain, Best and Fairest, All Australian...... Let us know how many actual Full backs have those credentials??

Brown would get a game at 8 clubs at FB

We would be ranked 18th in terms of having a quality FB

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Probably because he sits behind an all time great as a FB

Captain, Best and Fairest, All Australian...... Let us know how many actual Full backs have those credentials??

Do you see his games at his second club? have you seen much of his senior games? Gamble sat behind a few at Geelong too. How did he go? Lets face it you wouldnt know much about the guy. Facts though suggest he doesnt play much. You are amazing. How did you see Sandy and the Saints last week? It may get past many but not all.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh look another thread spoiled and ruined by the one upmanship of tweedle dumb and tweedle f****** numpty

do you have to argue the point and completely ruin every thread on this site?
really?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:oh look another thread spoiled and ruined by the one upmanship of tweedle dumb and tweedle f****** numpty

do you have to argue the point and completely ruin every thread on this site?
really?

Keep the thread on track then. What have you go to say on Cripps. And how does it ruin it anyway. Are we marked on the threads?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think Brown was targeted because he is similar to his bro and is at an age that is ready to go. If we were desperate for another player we could have gone after guys like Tate Pears etc. They must see something in him and will have a better idea than me on where he is at. Pelchen wouldn't be keen on the recruiters getting in a guy that is just so so. I back their judgement if I haven't seen enough to comment.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

[

East Fremantle, I think?

If Mackenzie's injury keeps him out for a few weeks then we'll see Mitch in the AFL anyway.[/quote]

Glass is under an injury cloud too isnt he?? Hopefully Brown gets enough game time in the coming rounds to convince him to stay an Eagle..[/quote]

I agree. Why is seconds player a god amongst some Saints supporters. If we are going to trade this year at least get someone young or a regular firsts player.[/quote]

Can't believe I'm agreeing with P66 yet again - why don't we go for Frawley? We'll have some space in the cap at the end of the year.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
millarsaint wrote:
dragit wrote:You guys are very harsh… 20 year old wants to return 3,500 KM to be near family, fair enough. Let him be.
If you take away the admittedly harsh language I don't think it is unfair to be a little sore. Our football club invested a lot into him and we got no thanks for it at the end of the day.

I believe if a club selects you, especially first draft pick, then you have a healthy obligation to that club to return service. Maybe fifty games, maybe one hundred games, but give something back. It is otherwise disrespectful and does not boast strong character.

And what crock about a poor twenty year old man missing his family while trying to calve out an elite sports career. I had travelled around the world and living away from home (Perth) in Sydney by the time I was twenty. And I'm a big girl really.

I mean, you know, come on!
Well aren't you the hero! Good luck to you too.
He wasn't trying to be a hero . He was just stating facts. St Kilda offered him a start. Poured resources into him and at his first opportunity he wants to go back home. I think it stinks that WC got in his ear when he was back in Perth and I hope we pay them back in spades. Moving away from mummy and daddy when you are over 18 and earning good bank with a good support network is not terribly difficult. We have now lost, for good or ill, Ball, Dawson, Goddard, Walsh and Cripps, notwithstanding Tom Lynch - as well as our coach! We are hemmorhaging players at the moment and I hope that Cripps' career tapers off and he finishes up at East Fremantle or somewhere before he is 25.
And what good has it done Walsh and Lynch so far?
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sun 24 Mar 2013 3:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Probably because he sits behind an all time great as a FB

The sideshow argument in your usual style..

Browns ability measured by the talent of what is in front of him.

Fact is he is fourth in line at WCE.

Worth pick 25/26 and Cripps? I didn't believe so.

battye
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
bergholt wrote:East Fremantle, I think?

I agree. Why is seconds player a god amongst some Saints supporters. If we are going to trade this year at least get someone young or a regular firsts player.
I agree.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
millarsaint wrote: If you take away the admittedly harsh language I don't think it is unfair to be a little sore. Our football club invested a lot into him and we got no thanks for it at the end of the day.

I believe if a club selects you, especially first draft pick, then you have a healthy obligation to that club to return service. Maybe fifty games, maybe one hundred games, but give something back. It is otherwise disrespectful and does not boast strong character.

And what crock about a poor twenty year old man missing his family while trying to calve out an elite sports career. I had travelled around the world and living away from home (Perth) in Sydney by the time I was twenty. And I'm a big girl really.

I mean, you know, come on!
Well aren't you the hero! Good luck to you too.
He wasn't trying to be a hero . He was just stating facts. St Kilda offered him a start. Poured resources into him and at his first opportunity he wants to go back home. I think it stinks that WC got in his ear when he was back in Perth and I hope we pay them back in spades. Moving away from mummy and daddy when you are over 18 and earning good bank with a good support network is not terribly difficult. We have now lost, for good or ill, Ball, Dawson, Goddard, Walsh and Cripps, notwithstanding Tom Lynch - as well as our coach! We are hemmorhaging players at the moment and I hope that Cripps' career tapers off and he finishes up at East Fremantle or somewhere before he is 25.
And what good has it done Walsh and Lynch so far?

What is the difference between Hickey and Cripps?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Cripps played a usual Cripps game.

He was in the game and then didn't do much for a few quarters and then bobbed up again.

Going back to Mitch Brown.

Why are we going to get a bloke that probably won't play much football this year considering he didn't play much last year?

There is no point.

Let's buy some other key back who actually plays consistently.

Any ideas?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:Cripps played a usual Cripps game.

He was in the game and then didn't do much for a few quarters and then bobbed up again.

Why are we going to get a bloke that probably won't play much football this year considering he didn't play much last year?

There is no point.

Any ideas?
I think Cripps will be a "Filler" at West Coast this year. Where he goes from there is completely up to him.

On the Mitch Brown debate; It might be a non-debate by the end of the year if Rhys Stanley stands up at Full Back/Centre Half Back. Even then I'd like to see us take the best Key Defender in this years Draft. If this Draft is as good as many are tipping, we should get someone decent !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: why don't we go for Frawley? We'll have some space in the cap at the end of the year.
He's contracted until 2014

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

There is no point.

Any ideas?
James Frawley. End of.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:

There is no point.

Any ideas?
James Frawley. End of.
Contracted until end of 2014 - and the Dees would want the world for him to break his contract - unless we are prepared to wait 2 years

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!