Watters' position is now untenable

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Watters' position is now untenable

The OtherThommo wrote:
dragit wrote:Sorry but this dwarf-Watters story doesn't stack up... As a "we hate the coach gag"

Montagna one of the supposed untouchables... CJ given a new contract as a 30 year old fringe mid.

At any rate, Watters might joke himself about bring short-statured, it is a footy club after all.
I like logic.
It's alright isn't it?

I use it in moderation, mixed in with equal measures of emotional outrage, Dadaism & Fluxus.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I'm pretty sure the Hawks players bag Clarkson - they are always calling him an 'angry little man' on tv.

If we let players act like babies think they are running the joint the whole club needs a shake down.

We need a new leadership group for starters. Geary Roberton Jack Armo.

Buckets
SS Life Member

If the players are running the club we might as well fold now....thought we got over this crap when Thommo came in. Seems I was mistaken and we are back to the Good Ol Days

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Richter
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:The moment the players organised dwarfs at Mad Monday Watters position was untenable.
For those smart enough to realize who the dwarfs were representative of shows how the coach is viewed by the playing group.
We need to bite the bullet now and change things before 2014 becomes a waste of time.

interesting........ :shock:
What an interesting comment Jaxons! I had not thought of it like that... :o :o

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:If the players are running the club we might as well fold now....thought we got over this crap when Thommo came in. Seems I was mistaken and we are back to the Good Ol Days
Why? Cause some random identity on the internet said so?

Unreal.

Richter
SS Life Member

jaxons wrote:What I will do in future is not share information with our loyal supporters who can't handle the truth.
The truth being that the club made a mistake 2 years ago, and it needs to be rectified before further damage is done.
It is no shame making a mistake when you are having a go.
The shame is acknowledging it is a mistake and doing nothing about it.
You guys don't even know the half of it.
Mate, I can handle the truth and am pleased to get the info you are providing. Helps to understand the current situation a little more.
Cheers for sharing what you do know.

Richter
SS Life Member

maverick wrote:
Teflon wrote:
jaxons wrote:The moment the players organised dwarfs at Mad Monday Watters position was untenable.
For those smart enough to realize who the dwarfs were representative of shows how the coach is viewed by the playing group.
We need to bite the bullet now and change things before 2014 becomes a waste of time.
Frightening if so
Sad also cause it screams "senior guys pissed off with coach so let's mock him"..... Which ain't good when you are trying to win respect of the next tier....

Broom time.
Totally agree
I thought I read at the time, some senior players weren't happy with the entertainment?

If they despise SW so much, why would Lenny sign up for another year?
That's the bit that doesn't sit well with me, surely he would just retire, why would he need it, he can't be one of the antagonists...
Maybe Lenny was/is expecting SW to get the push and felt/feels it important to be around to provide leadership in the transition?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

More and more supporters seem to be coming out in support of the tail NOT wagging the dog.

How do we transcend this seemingly overwhelming consensus by the supporters; maybe an open letter to the club from the supporters/members?

How do we let the Board, Pelchin and Watters know that we do not want anything but absolute stability and unity. Basically pull your heads in, get refocussed and defy our history by committing to working through the issues.

We accept that there will be challenges in 2014 as was broadcast in Pelchin's open letter however I am sure that "challenges" does not/should not include being in the media for all the wrong reasons.

Richter
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Sorry but this dwarf-Watters story doesn't stack up... As a "we hate the coach gag"

Montagna one of the supposed untouchables... CJ given a new contract as a 30 year old fringe mid.

At any rate, Watters might joke himself about bring short-statured, it is a footy club after all.
Yes it does dragit. It explains why a story came about regarding Montagna being traded elsewhere. Couple it with Pelchen and Watters not getting along and it's clear that Pelchen is desperately trying to keep the senior players onside.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote: Yes it does dragit. It explains why a story came about regarding Montagna being traded elsewhere. Couple it with Pelchen and Watters not getting along and it's clear that Pelchen is desperately trying to keep the senior players onside.

Really?

Sounds like some may be believing the absolute lies being peddled as the truth.

Roo was NEVER going to be trade

Montagna was NEVER going to be traded.

Both Bains and Pelchan have publicily stated that numerous times.

A really really long bow to draw that because a dwarf was booked to provide entertainment, that Watter swould somehow try to trade him (considering the story about the trade was total hogwash).

I think the tin hats should be put away. I mean c'mon :? :? :?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Richter
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:More and more supporters seem to be coming out in support of the tail NOT wagging the dog.

How do we transcend this seemingly overwhelming consensus by the supporters; maybe an open letter to the club from the supporters/members?

How do we let the Board, Pelchin and Watters know that we do not want anything but absolute stability and unity. Basically pull your heads in, get refocussed and defy our history by committing to working through the issues.

We accept that there will be challenges in 2014 as was broadcast in Pelchin's open letter however I am sure that "challenges" does not/should not include being in the media for all the wrong reasons.
Speak for yourself Cairnsman. Many are beginning to appreciate that Watters may not be what we had initially hoped he might be.

The issue is that how do we, as outsiders, know which is the tail and which is the dog?

Perhaps it is the senior playing group, supported by Chris Pelchen who is the dog and SW the tail. Perhaps it is SW who is the appendage that needs to be excised? Or not? We need to hear these points of view for ourselves and make our own decision.

I'd appreciate it if you don't presume to speak for other supporters and didn't bag jaxons personally when all he is doing is providing some insight into what he has heard. Don't like what he has to say? Put him on ignore or go elsewhere. This is a Saints forum and I for one am happy to welcome and read anyone who has potential revelations about the internal workings of the club.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Dwarf wasn't even the story.

If the Dwarf had've come along and done his little Dwarf act and gone home then there would've been no story.

The story was that one of our players set someone on fire. On a Mad Monday. And that it was plastered all over the media.

If Joey got himself into hot water it wasn't because he booked someone who he thought looked a bit like the coach. It's because of what happened to that person and, in Joey's case in particular, how he responded to the smouldering entertainer.

In reality he could've booked Joe Dolce and CJ could've lit him up and there would've been the similar repurcussions.

HarryM
Club Player

jaxons wrote:

I certainly won't be posting it on here for all to see.
This is not the place for details like this.
Let Cairnsman tell you what's going on, he clearly is a man in the know.
Well don't back off now person in the know, do tell us all.

Why go half way and then stop?

Its people like you that are termites in Football Clubs, you know the type, I know this but I wont tell, so you can ask all you like but I will just tell you parts.

You are the disease we have to get rid of, lots and lots of little termites like you running around spreading rumours.

If our players have no respect for our Coach, then kick their arses to the curb, they work for our Club and we expect better.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Good one stinger.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Richter wrote: Yes it does dragit. It explains why a story came about regarding Montagna being traded elsewhere. Couple it with Pelchen and Watters not getting along and it's clear that Pelchen is desperately trying to keep the senior players onside.

Really?

Sounds like some may be believing the absolute lies being peddled as the truth.

Roo was NEVER going to be trade

Montagna was NEVER going to be traded.

Both Bains and Pelchan have publicily stated that numerous times.

A really really long bow to draw that because a dwarf was booked to provide entertainment, that Watter swould somehow try to trade him (considering the story about the trade was total hogwash).

I think the tin hats should be put away. I mean c'mon :? :? :?

I seems to recall you used the word CABBAGES yesterday. Nothing really changes on here..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

So if the dog is now wagging the tail, who takes responsibility for the win-loss ratio? The coach or the director of football?

Traditionally that has been the coach's role ... with no exceptions that I can think of.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I'm pretty sure the Hawks players bag Clarkson - they are always calling him an 'angry little man' on tv.

If we let players act like babies think they are running the joint the whole club needs a shake down.

We need a new leadership group for starters. Geary Roberton Jack Armo.

Con, It won't happen and it shouldn't happen.

If that happens, then we're truly truly stuffed.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="dragit"]Good one stinger.[/quote : ]

?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

not with you...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think we should all remember SW emerged victorious from the most extensive interview process in AFL history.

I wonder how a lesser candidate would have handled all the issues thrown at him in the last 18 months.

Probably be in a padded cell somewhere by now I reckon.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:More and more supporters seem to be coming out in support of the tail NOT wagging the dog.

Speak for yourself Cairnsman. Many are beginning to appreciate that Watters may not be what we had initially hoped he might be.

The issue is that how do we, as outsiders, know which is the tail and which is the dog?

Perhaps it is the senior playing group, supported by Chris Pelchen who is the dog and SW the tail. Perhaps it is SW who is the appendage that needs to be excised? Or not? We need to hear these points of view for ourselves and make our own decision.

I'd appreciate it if you don't presume to speak for other supporters and didn't bag jaxons personally when all he is doing is providing some insight into what he has heard. Don't like what he has to say? Put him on ignore or go elsewhere. This is a Saints forum and I for one am happy to welcome and read anyone who has potential revelations about the internal workings of the club.
Here's a tip - NOT EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET IS TELLING THE TRUTH - shocking, I know.

jaxons may well have inside info - who knows…

The only legit piece of mail so far is the McEvoy trade… which I am sure a few people in Melbourne would have been aware of during the negotiations.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Why not make another "to be printed" sticky

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

I am speaking for myself, if others agree they might say so and by gauging by a lot of posts in this thread it would appear there is some agreement. I didn't bag Jaxons, I just questioned his credibility and agenda and some some fact regarding his claim to which I note he hasn't responded to adequately as yet. Just a question, why don't you probe him in a similar way as I have? I assume you are interested in dealing with credible facts?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ross didn't like Michael, now Scott doesn't like Michael.

Is he not very likeable?

Is this just a smokescreen to hide the fact he is leaving, and won't be missed?

Hope he hasn't been making waves to make it "look" like the club will fall apart without him.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I know! Lets try something right out of left field, and I know it may just be a bit hard for some to buy into, but I'll suggest it anyway; LETS JUST SUPPORT THE CLUB! and to hell with the gossip mongers and their acolytes!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Ross didn't like Michael, now Scott doesn't like Michael.

Is he not very likeable?

Is this just a smokescreen to hide the fact he is leaving, and won't be missed?

Hope he hasn't been making waves to make it "look" like the club will fall apart without him.
Assuming that Caro is correct and the Board tried to poach Nisbett then I think this might be a positive. Does it show that the Board has identified the need to get the very best there is to fill the CEO position?