Umpire 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpire 2

But I am a whinging Saints supporter. With good reason

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

The free kick they paid against McKenzie for high contact was laughable. Even the commentators said it was just about a perfect tackle when he pinned both his arms, not sure which umpire called it.

Several times you'd see the Eagles tackle one of our players with the arm over their shoulder, yet no free?

Surely someone from the club needs to speak to the AFL & ask them to tell us what our players are doing that is causing all these free kicks to be given to the opposition? Perhaps then the umpiring fraternity will become accountable.

Freebird
Club Player

Thats not how I see you SS i agree but the non saints supporters are not interested

4ever_saint
Club Player

The thing is, it's not just the decisions he was paying (which were deplorable)- it was everything he missed. Webster's hit from Yeo, for instance. Webster marked and was hit after the mark- that's 50 metres NOT a free kick. That free kick is useless and stat-padding because he marked it anyway! If he's marked it and it comes after, IT'S 50!! EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!! Still angry.

falka
Club Player

4ever_saint wrote:The thing is, it's not just the decisions he was paying (which were deplorable)- it was everything he missed. Webster's hit from Yeo, for instance. Webster marked and was hit after the mark- that's 50 metres NOT a free kick. That free kick is useless and stat-padding because he marked it anyway! If he's marked it and it comes after, IT'S 50!! EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!! Still angry.
This.

He marked the footy, yet he didn't pay mark.

Wanker. The umpires name is Foote.
Was embarrassment to the game.

What was the free against Bruce on outer wing, he was in front and appeared to get contact from behind. The signal was for a shepherd, but then it was against Bruce when he was in front and ball was going over their heads.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

falka wrote:
4ever_saint wrote:The thing is, it's not just the decisions he was paying (which were deplorable)- it was everything he missed. Webster's hit from Yeo, for instance. Webster marked and was hit after the mark- that's 50 metres NOT a free kick. That free kick is useless and stat-padding because he marked it anyway! If he's marked it and it comes after, IT'S 50!! EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!! Still angry.
This.

What was the free against Bruce on outer wing, he was in front and appeared to get contact from behind. The signal was for a shepherd, but then it was against Bruce when he was in front and ball was going over their heads.

I was on the other side and was outraged at the time. One of my mates was on the side that it happened and said our runner was too close to play.

loris
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:
falka wrote:
This.

I was on the other side and was outraged at the time. One of my mates was on the side that it happened and said our runner was too close to play.

Yes the TV commentators picked it up on the umpires microphone, it was because our runner was too close to play. Let's hope we don't have another runner, like that bunny we had when Ro$$ Lyon was coach.....Saints were often penalised because he got in the way of play.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:
falka wrote:
This.

Yes the TV commentators picked it up on the umpires microphone, it was because our runner was too close to play. Let's hope we don't have another runner, like that bunny we had when Ro$$ Lyon was coach.....Saints were often penalised because he got in the way of play.
He's still Ross's runner.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
loris wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:
falka wrote:
This.

He's still Ross's runner.
Father in law

Posting 20 years of holey crap!