Hird sacked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hird sacked

gringo wrote: He pleased me because despite all the idiotic ranting trying to pretend he didn't ask a bunch of guys to put their dicks in a blender before turning it on, he has finally fallen on his sword. 2 years to late is better than never. He over saw a disgraceful period and stubbornly adhered himself to the chair. He could have stood down and had the whole thing sorted years ago.
:D
Post of the day.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Hird still playing the victim card.

Who's to say he isnt the victim here? You and I will never know the truth.
So the players didn't receive 1,000 injections that remain unaccounted for?
Regardless of the wada outcome - we know Essendon had an injection regime for which no records were kept.
They have had two years to produce records. There are none. Hird is not a victim.

Essentially all this is a modern day version of a snake-oil scam.
Hird fell for it. He fell for the old 'everyone else is doing it' scam.
This is why he feels it is 'unfair' that he was singled out.

But regardless of who did or thought what - we still have unaccounted for injections. Even now they are unaccounted for.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 18 Aug 2015 5:43pm, edited 3 times in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

They're all victims, but they all played a varying degree in their own demise.

This diabolical program was Hird's as much as it was any of the most culpable.

He had to go. He should've been long gone.

Good riddance.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:

So the players didn't receive 1,000 injections that unaccounted for?
Regardless of the wada outcome - we know Essendon had an injection regime for which records wre shifted from EFC HQ in the week b/w Jan 31 2013 and Feb 5 2013, after AD tipped off DE.
edited for more accuracy.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Regardless of the wada outcome - we know Essendon had an injection regime for which no records were kept.
They have had two years to produce records. There are none. Hird is not a victim.

But regardless of who did or thought what - we still unaccounted for injections. Even now they are unaccounted for.
He hired what he believed to be a trusted proffesional in the industry who he trusted to do the right thing. Until someone proves otherwise thats what we know.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:

So the players didn't receive 1,000 injections that unaccounted for?
Regardless of the wada outcome - we know Essendon had an injection regime for which records wre shifted from EFC HQ in the week b/w Jan 31 2013 and Feb 5 2013, after AD tipped off DE.
edited for more accuracy.

Essendon knew far before that but keep thinking that.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:

But regardless of who did or thought what - we still unaccounted for injections. Even now they are unaccounted for.
He hired what he believed to be a trusted proffesional in the industry who he trusted to do the right thing. Until someone proves otherwise thats what we know.
Maybe but that hasn't even been his/their defence.
I would add to that Dank and Charters were not 'trusted professionals' but were already known to be dodgy. Hird himself called the program 'cutting edge.' Players were told that they were on the line of the code. So you are stretching credulity there. All reports suggest the injection regime was quite a long way away from what the other 17 clubs were doing.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Hallelujah.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its funny reading the flood of Essendon supporters who are still in support of hird .. I don't get it
they are commenting that caro got her man, that the AFL finally got what they wanter etc etc... I don't get the blind loyalty I think if it was our club and someone did what hird did to the club regardless of how many games they played for the club I would be livid and I would have been calling for them to be sacked from the day it was released that there were dodgy dealings ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

About time! Now will the Essendon board go cap in hand to Thommo, or is he blighted too?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:its funny reading the flood of Essendon supporters who are still in support of hird .. I don't get it
they are commenting that caro got her man, that the AFL finally got what they wanter etc etc... I don't get the blind loyalty I think if it was our club and someone did what hird did to the club regardless of how many games they played for the club I would be livid and I would have been calling for them to be sacked from the day it was released that there were dodgy dealings ...

Im not sure. he is our Harvey and because he never went elsewhere to coach like Harvey is is probably even more popular to Essendon than Harvey is to us. I have no doubt many would stick up for harvs in the exact same situation. No doubt at all. I would think it is the loud minority who are now sticking up for Hird. Having said that I still have a few mates who will stick up for him. Maybe it is the majority. I think we would have many for Harvs in the same situation.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Essendon has paid James Hird an estimated $1.5 million not to coach over two full seasons.

! would have not coached them for a lot less.

Why didn't they call?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Drug cheat when he played
Drug cheat when he coached

IMO of course

Sucked in.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:About time! Now will the Essendon board go cap in hand to Thommo, or is he blighted too?
As someone over at BF said, "Love to see how they unburn that bridge."

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Shame he's gone.....I really wanted to do him slowly......

.....the players are innocent.....what a crock......they secretely had hunderds of injections in the stomach....

..........so what were they thinking......they thought it was all OK.......as if

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:Shame he's gone.....I really wanted to do him slowly......

.....the players are innocent.....what a crock......they secretely had hunderds of injections in the stomach....

..........so what were they thinking......they thought it was all OK.......as if

So most all decided to cheat on mass? I don't think that makes any sense at all. Players back then would do anything the club asked. Now they wouldn't. One good thing out of all this.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

So most all decided to cheat on mass? I don't think that makes any sense at all. Players back then would do anything the club asked. Now they wouldn't. One good thing out of all this.

Sorry Plugger, I can't accept that. Every professional sportsman in the world knows that they are 100 responsible and accountable for everything that goes into their bodies. I'm sure Lenny Hayes would have learnt that in his very first day at the club- and everybody since.

Think about it, even in your playing days at Ormond, if the club doctor suggested you have a series of injections because it will help improve your performance - what would have thought? Possibly you would have had the injection and assumed you you wouldn't get caught.

markp
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:About time! Now will the Essendon board go cap in hand to Thommo, or is he blighted too?
I think they need to go in the opposite direction to past heroes and club legends. Particularly one implicated in this 'supplement' mess.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sorry Plugger, I can't accept that. Every professional sportsman in the world knows that they are 100 responsible and accountable for everything that goes into their bodies. I'm sure Lenny Hayes would have learnt that in his very first day at the club- and everybody since.

Think about it, even in your playing days at Ormond, if the club doctor suggested you have a series of injections because it will help improve your performance - what would have thought? Possibly you would have had the injection and assumed you you wouldn't get caught.

Of course I would think its strange at Ormond but I have seen many footballers take things because the club gave it to them and when I asked what it was they said they had no idea. Was told to take it though to make them bigger and stronger. Lenny would have been told not to take things but I would be 100% positive he took things without knowing what was in it. If it was now no player would take these things because of the Essendon drama. If it was in athletics no one would because of their history of doping in the sport. In AFL there was no real history of PEDS so players just did what the club requested thinking the club would be doing the right thing for the players. I think 95% of all pst players would say the same.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
I think they need to go in the opposite direction to past heroes and club legends. Particularly one implicated in this 'supplement' mess.
So moving on. Who are the candidates?

Stuie Dew
Scotty Burns
Brett Kirk

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Of course I would think its strange at Ormond but I have seen many footballers take things because the club gave it to them and when I asked what it was they said they had no idea. Was told to take it though to make them bigger and stronger. Lenny would have been told not to take things but I would be 100% positive he took things without knowing what was in it. If it was now no player would take these things because of the Essendon drama. If it was in athletics no one would because of their history of doping in the sport. In AFL there was no real history of PEDS so players just did what the club requested thinking the club would be doing the right thing for the players. I think 95% of all pst players would say the same.
I think the extent of the injection regime would have had the senior players scratching their heads a bit.
I know you like to think your personal anecdotes explain everything in the universe, but this regime was miles out of proportion to what was going on elsewhere.
Players are mates with players at other clubs. Jobe is best mates with Ted Richards. I think they would have had some idea that they were outliers on this. They were told it was 'cutting edge' and right on the line of legal/not legal. Why did they ask for the consent forms? The players smelt it wasnt all kosher. Its one thing to pop a pill here and there but weekly scheduled injections twice a week in an off-site location? Youd be at least a bit suss. Not all players are exactly the same.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 18 Aug 2015 9:00pm, edited 2 times in total.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The East Germans probably did as they were told....but I reckon they probably knew the truth

Stian
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Essendon has paid James Hird an estimated $1.5 million not to coach over two full seasons.

! would have not coached them for a lot less.

Why didn't they call?

:D
Now this is the real "Post of the day".

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I always find myself barracking for the coach to survive when the pressure is on (even Malthouse) except in this case with Hird
Suck it Hird

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The East Germans probably did as they were told....but I reckon they probably knew the truth
Yep because there was history of cheating. There was none at all in the AFL. You can bet every player asks what they are getting now.