Dustin Martin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dustin Martin

HitTheBoundary wrote:I can see where Dragit is coming from.

And that's not blaming the victim, Martin is a nutter and should get punished.

But sometimes it's best not to approach a nutter....
He's not a nutter.

He's a cossetted man-child brat who was being a loud twat in a nice restaurant on a nice strip in a nice suburb and was asked to calm down by someone sitting near him, so he physically threatened to kill her.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I would be amazed if it gets to any charges being laid. Unless she was determined to press charges the police would tend not to pursue the matter. Threatening to kill someone is reasonably serious but its a huge investment in already over-stretched resources to pursue this sort of investigation. Seeing this is out in the open, his reputation is trashed (crossed the line into cowardly trash), should cop a huge whack from Richmond/AFL including hefty suspension, she may well have accepted his apology with Martin contributing to her favourite charity, club maybe giving her and family some memberships etc - it will most probably get resolved outside the police. The AFL is a psuedo-authority that levels it own justice (according to its own rules).

Playon
Club Player

All I can say is he's as weak as pis*

Coward, thought he could bully a woman and get away with it

miskycat
Club Player

Can't believe the number of posts here questioning the victim's motives/actions.

She is not the one who should be blamed or questioned.

Dustin Martin, by his own choices and actions, is the one responsible and he deserves everything he gets.

I hope he will have to face more serious consequences - what a turd.

Playon
Club Player

Didn't you know its always the females fault? I hope he's blessed with many daughters

Moods
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
asaint wrote:Disgraceful, intimidating,aggressive behaviour. To suggest that the lady was in any way to blame is not acceptable.
He threatened her ffs, there are no excuses.
I'm not saying she is to blame, but I think confronting a guy who you suspect to be coked up and out of control drunk is a poor decision. Then when he reacts angrily, suggesting that you are going to do the thing that will piss him off most by ringing the club?

The guy is a nutcase, just call the police or security… or leave the venue as I have done many times when someone is ruining the vibe.

There's no excuses for Martin's behavior, but at the same time I would be pretty disappointed if one of my kids confronted someone in that state.
Disappointed? I'd be proud. Bloody gutsy thing to do. She was standing up for what is right and letting this knob know that his behaviour is completely unacceptable. If more people did this, and more people backed up the ones who did it, we'd have a far better society. Slinking out the door is probably the smart move, but I applaud her for challenging him. If she hadn't, then this tool would have got away with his rubbish behaviour and never get held to account.

Having said that - as a bloke I probably wouldn;t have done the same thing. To be honest Dusty would have been far more likely to belt a bloke than threaten him. Not sure this lady should be criticised for anything. The manager should have cut him off far earlier and probably realised as much.

Markp, police cannot do much without a victim. Victim needs to officially report it before they act for this type of offence. The victim has to be in fear and convey that to the courts for Dusty to be charged - hard to do if she hasn't reported it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

If you see this guy
ImageImage
out somewhere aggressive, intoxicated and disruptive… regardless of gender, just call a professional.

Same goes if you see come across a snake or a bomb.

Of course his outrageous actions are not her fault, but confronting an aggressive intoxicated person is a bad idea in my opinion, not sure why those two concepts have to be mutually exclusive.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Weren't we talking about drafting him at some stage? It may have been only supporter resistance
than made the club change its mind. Scary.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Herald Sun headline was very funny.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Of course his outrageous actions are not her fault, but confronting an aggressive intoxicated person is a bad idea in my opinion, not sure why those two concepts have to be mutually exclusive.
Confronting someone who's pissed may not be so wise, but if I was having a nice dinner with a friend in a nice restaurant and some twat was spoiling it for everyone else there by being an obnoxious knobhead, I'd say something to try and get him to STFU.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who reports this via the media instead of the police is an attention seeking flog.

We know what he is.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
markp
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:If you see this guy
ImageImage
out somewhere aggressive, intoxicated and disruptive… regardless of gender, just call a professional.

Same goes if you see come across a snake or a bomb.

Of course his outrageous actions are not her fault, but confronting an aggressive intoxicated person is a bad idea in my opinion, not sure why those two concepts have to be mutually exclusive.

As above.

Major badass.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Actually, I think Bieber may have a badder rep.
The star Richmond 24-year-old has been in hot water before.

August 27, 2015
The Tigers' Dustin Martin gestures to Magpie fans after a goal in August. Photo: Getty Images
Fined $2000 for delivering a "two-finger salute" to Collingwood fans the previous weekend during Richmond's 91-point demolition of the Magpies.
Advertisement

September 18, 2014
Suspended from driving for two months and fined $750 for driving while suspended. The initial suspension was imposed for running a red light in 2013.

September 11, 2013
Hit with a $2000 suspended fine by the AFL for making a handcuffs gesture after kicking a goal during Richmond's elimination final loss to Carlton.

July 4, 2012
Suspended for two weeks by Richmond for sleeping in the previous morning and failing to attend a training session. Martin admitted he had taken sleeping tablets combined with alcohol the night before the training session.

March 2013 – A neighbor of Bieber’s confronted the pop icon about speeding down the streets in his Ferrari. Bieber allegedly spit in the neighbor’s face in retaliation. He was exonerated of any criminal wrongdoing in October.

Later that month, Bieber would run into trouble with German customs officials, who refused to let his pet monkey into the country due to the lack of necessary documentation. The monkey was never returned to Bieber.

May 2013 – Keyshawn Johnson, a former NFL Wide Receiver who owns a home nearby Bieber, confronted the singer after he caught him speeding while Johnson’s kids were playing outside.

June 2013 — A paparazzo sued Bieber for assaulting him at a mall in Calabasas, Calif.

July 2013 – On July 18 an Ohio DJ named Addison Ulhaq filed a police report pertaining to a spitting incident. Ulhaq claimed Justin Bieber spat in his face inside a nightclub in Columbus. Bieber was not charged.

The spit hit the fan again for Bieber later that month, when he was caught expectorating on a crowd gathered outside his hotel in Toronto, Canada on July 25. Although spitting is considered a criminal offense in some cases in Toronto, Bieber was not charged with anything.

November 2013 – He was questioned by Brazilian police for drawing graffiti on an old hotel wall. Bieber claimed that he had received permission to tag the wall beforehand. Bieber was not formally charged.
He was also caught leaving a brothel in Brazil in that same month, according to the New York Post.

January 2014 – The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept. searched Bieber’s house and cell phone while investigating an incident of vandalism that occurred on the night of Jan. 9. Bieber’s neighbor claimed he saw Bieber throwing eggs at his house. Bieber has not been charged, but the investigation is ongoing.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Both kwality units.

throwing eggs tho :(

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Apparently the woman didn't want to go to the media because she was told of Martins associates and she would be threatened. Her employer encouraged her to do so.

So the woman's life was threatened for asking someone to calm down, then was scared because of the consequences of reporting it.

But some on this thread blame her. Always the woman's fault. Maybe if she had a short dress on and he sexual assaulted her, it would be OK because "she was asking for it".
Some of you people need to get your head out of your arses

You are garbage - Enough said
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:But some on this thread blame her.
No, I'm pretty sure that not one person is suggesting that she is to blame.
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Some of you people need to get your head out of your arses
Yes they should, how's them farts smelling?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Problem with confronting him is she may not have known if he was simply just pissed or was on drugs also. That's where it can get a bit dicey and dangerous.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Her boss !

well , let that be a lesson on not listening to him / her
again then.

Is the boss , a woman ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:I can see where Dragit is coming from.

And that's not blaming the victim, Martin is a nutter and should get punished.

But sometimes it's best not to approach a nutter....
He's not a nutter.

He's a cossetted man-child brat who was being a loud twat in a nice restaurant on a nice strip in a nice suburb and was asked to calm down by someone sitting near him, so he physically threatened to kill her.
That about sums it and him up, I would think.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:But some on this thread blame her.
No, I'm pretty sure that not one person is suggesting that she is to blame.
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Some of you people need to get your head out of your arses
Yes they should, how's them farts smelling?

BS dragit, you and others were suggesting that somehow she was responsible because she "confronted" Martin.

Now I see nowhere where she confronted him. Reportedly she asked him to calm down, not an unreasonable request when someone is making loud noises in a restaurant.

Because she asked for a member of society to be courteous and have common decency and respect others, she has her life threatened but she somehow brought this on herself.

Yeah good one. With these Neanderthal attitudes no wonder we have had 80 women murdered in domestic violence this year alone in Australia.

I make no apologies for posting what I posted, if you think it applies to you, that's your responsibility.

But hey don't let me tell you what to think.

markp
Saintsational Legend

At least as a woman in victoria she knows she could feel safe and confident of being treated seriously and with respect going to the police.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to unwrap and read today's newspapers....

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

markp wrote:At least as a woman in victoria she knows she could feel safe and confident of being treated seriously and with respect going to the police.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:But hey don't let me tell you what to think.
Wouldn't dream of it, that's a nice shot of you btw, you been working out?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:At least as a woman in victoria she knows she could feel safe and confident of being treated seriously and with respect going to the police.

Yep. Spot on....not

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/blue- ... lilku.html

"The damning review of the culture inside Victoria Police shows female members – as well as gay and lesbian employees – work in an entrenched culture of sexual harassment and discrimination."

I think someone somewhere in this thread was asking another poster if he thought the police were incompetent. Short answer . f*** yes.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to unwrap and read today's newspapers...
coulda got online last night 'n been told how u are gunna feel today ya slacko
... not a Patriots belt buckle.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.