Any way- Jake's found a Job

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Any way- Jake's found a Job

Very good omen.
Loewe was in construction, building patios and stuff.
Dare we dream?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
To the top
SS Life Member

And just to finish on what has been exposed as the excuse for brains of some on here (no doubt Liberal voters educated thru the Murdoch "press"), over my lifetime, who exactly gave us the following:-

The First Global Oil Shock of 1973, spiking inflation and interest rates and causing Global economic carnage.

The Stock Exchange crash of 1974, causing Global economic carnage

The Stock Exchange Crash of 1987, causing Global economic carnage

The Saving & Loans fiasco of the late 1980's/early 1990's, causing loss of asset values and Global economic carnage

The Sub prime lending fiasco of 2007 causing loss of asset values and Global economic carnage

Each of these events impacted in Australia also because Australia in not immune from Global events

These events and outcomes were not caused by those working on construction sites including those who are members of Unions (Unions being people)

True that each of those events impacted the Globe at a time of Labor Administrations in Australia, and, quite frankly, just as well we had Labor Administrations at those times because the alternate policies where government renege on managing the economy thru the economic cycle (as we see now) would have seen an outcome in Australia similar to the outcomes visited on other Nations.

Then there are Company failures such as ABC Learning and HIH (after the purchase of FAI courtesy of a certain Merchant Banker) et al where the failure of these Companies and the impact of those failures are exclusively due to the management of those Companies, not due to workers in those Companies, including Union members.

And those Company failures continue.

Due to inept and criminal management.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I have known lib supporters who bag unions yet reap the benefits of being in a union. Most Lib supporters would now be underpaid with diminished conditions if not for unions.
Jake has a job and good on him.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Safety in the workplace & the 8 hour work day brought to you by Unions.

Anyway, back on topic, I for one, am very happy that Jake is working & not just working, but is working in an industry that he has an interest in post his football career.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

snoopygirl wrote:Safety in the workplace & the 8 hour work day brought to you by Unions.

Anyway, back on topic, I for one, am very happy that Jake is working & not just working, but is working in an industry that he has an interest in post his football career.
Four weeks annual leave, long service leave and sick leave brought to you by unions.

Should be if you are not in the union you should not get any of those conditions.

No 8 hour day, no minimum wage, no overtime, no weekends, no leave and no sick leave.

Stand up for your principles you non union people and reject all of those commo undertakings.

Bet you wouldn't.

You are garbage - Enough said
The_Merchant
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:Safety in the workplace & the 8 hour work day brought to you by Unions.

Four weeks annual leave, long service leave and sick leave brought to you by unions.

Should be if you are not in the union you should not get any of those conditions.

No 8 hour day, no minimum wage, no overtime, no weekends, no leave and no sick leave.

Stand up for your principles you non union people and reject all of those commo undertakings.

Bet you wouldn't.
I don't work an 8 hour day, the minimum wage does not apply to me, I don't receive overtime, and I work on weekends if work needs to be done. I negotiate my own contract including the amount of annual leave I receive. Not sure why I should be rejecting any of the things that I have negotiated for myself in my own contract.

I do understand that others don't have the power to negotiate individually and for them a union is a nessecity. The unions have done a lot of good for Australian workers throughout history, but that doesn't give them a free pass as far as corruption, coercion, blackmail and standover tactics are concerned. If the minority of union officials who do the wrong thing cleaned up their act, they would receive a lot more support from those not union affiliated.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Gee whiz, I can't believe some of the negativity and downright snobbery in this thread.

Jake Carlisle is trying to get his life on track. Regardless of your thoughts on for whom he works for and unions, it appears he is being very proactive. Good to know he's not a scab worker for anyone, or is being exploited. Cut the guy some slack!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Gee whiz, I can't believe some of the negativity and downright snobbery in this thread.

Jake Carlisle is trying to get his life on track. Regardless of your thoughts on for whom he works for and unions, it appears he is being very proactive. Good to know he's not a scab worker for anyone, or is being exploited. Cut the guy some slack!
agreed which is what prompted my first post.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Bet you wouldn't.
I come on this page to talk footy. Take your political <<< MOD EDIT. POSTER WARNED FOR ABUSE >>> And that also goes for anyone else who is spitting political crap that has nothing to do with footyyyyyyyy.

resaintlee
Club Player

I come on this page to talk footy. Take your political BS and F$&K Right off! And that also goes for anyone else who is spitting political crap that has nothing to do with footyyyyyyyy.
prwilkinson Online

Oh dear! I think your political opinions are showing through what you say and the way you say it

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

resaintlee wrote:I come on this page to talk footy. Take your political BS and F$&K Right off! And that also goes for anyone else who is spitting political crap that has nothing to do with footyyyyyyyy.
prwilkinson Online

Oh dear! I think your political opinions are showing through what you say and the way you say it
Lol... Don't ever assume. They certainly aren't showing. FYI... one of majors in my double degree was politics ... I could tell you plenty about both sides of the coin. Keep it off a footy page... This is my escape time. Don't wanna hear about it here.

bergsone
SS Life Member

prwilkinson wrote:
resaintlee wrote:I come on this page to talk footy. Take your political BS and F$&K Right off! And that also goes for anyone else who is spitting political crap that has nothing to do with footyyyyyyyy.
prwilkinson Online

Lol... Don't ever assume. They certainly aren't showing. FYI... one of majors in my double degree was politics ... I could tell you plenty about both sides of the coin. Keep it off a footy page... This is my escape time. Don't wanna hear about it here.

Agree,little wonder dont post much nowdays,anyway sounds like Jake is doing ok.Sorry for getting back on topic

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:
prwilkinson Online

Jake looks like he is happy with his job... oh and Libs suck.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Lol... Don't ever assume. They certainly aren't showing. FYI... one of majors in my double degree was politics ... I could tell you plenty about both sides of the coin. Keep it off a footy page... This is my escape time. Don't wanna hear about it here.
Aren't you guys supposed to put fires OUT? :P

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Lol... Don't ever assume. They certainly aren't showing. FYI... one of majors in my double degree was politics ... I could tell you plenty about both sides of the coin. Keep it off a footy page... This is my escape time. Don't wanna hear about it here.
Aren't you guys supposed to put fires OUT? :P
nice :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

I don't like this... before ya know it he'll have the boys demanding double time on sundays and refusing to play in the rain.

To the top
SS Life Member

If they are working on Saturday's and Sunday's, not only are they precluded from participating in competitive sport but they are compromised in regards attendance at sporting events - and, even if they are employed at sporting venues they most likely will not be standing around watching the game but serving you instead.

Rain interrupts cricket because it makes the pitch unplayable and makes the bowler run ups unsafe for bowlers and makes the outfield unsafe for fielders.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

So for those with more inside info
What parts of his job can be adapted for fitness?
Stair climbing, lifting?

Do they get fitness centre access/ gym membership/ staff welfare options?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Disch
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Gee whiz, I can't believe some of the negativity and downright snobbery in this thread.

agreed which is what prompted my first post.
Great to hear jake is working away on some construction site of Melbourne town.

meanwhile the number 5 pick is toiling away on a training track.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:So for those with more inside info
Stair climbing, lifting?

Rather than just throw the refuse into the skip, he'll be made to handball or kick at every opportunity.
Rather than erect scaffold, he will be the scaffold.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
saintbrat wrote:So for those with more inside info
Stair climbing, lifting?

Rather than just throw the refuse into the skip, he'll be made to handball or kick at every opportunity.
Rather than erect scaffold, he will be the scaffold.
When the need for lifting heavy things arises he will be the "Block and Tackle."

jamesmc
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Image

Jake Carlisle ‏@jcarlisle22
Loving the new job working with these legends. Thanks to Buxton Constructions for the opportunity #stillmissingfooty
if this photo doesn't make him regret his decisions, nothing will.
how so ?
I'm sure he would prefer to be photo'd standing next to his new backline teammates as opposed to this motley crew.
I'm sure he respects working with these blokes as much as playing football and I'm also sure he would not regret this photo.
This is real life.
if that makes you feel better about seeing our prized recruit in this position all power to you.
thats not the point, you said the photo would make him regret his decisions, I said he probably respects working with those guys and happy to have a job....... what has that got to do with me feeling better ? Why would you say something like that? Do you normally think things through before you post ?
The more i look at this photo, the angrier i get.

Who can be happy about seeing their " star " recruit in this photo shoot?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc is angry I tried to set him straight can someone else please try ?

jamesmc
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:jamesmc is angry I tried to set him straight can someone else please try ?
Who's the only one in this photo not smiling.

Can't count the asian as he probably doesn't know what to do when they say Cheeeeese.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

ok your a comedian..cool..I thought you were serious