Brendon Judas Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Will you boo Goddard on Sunday?

Yes
22%
No
50%
I will boo and applaud him at the same time
1%
I am a racist tool who would prefer to boo Adam Goodes instead
10%
I'm not going to the footy on Sunday
17%

Total votes: 72

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brendon Judas Goddard

Who cares about Goddard.

Plays for Essendon. Hopefully he doesn't get many looks.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

So that's what the J stands for?

Oh gawd that screamer he took in GF 1... Had me blubbin, and I was not alone.

I remember his tears after his first game against us too.

He gets a pass.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

<edited by mods>

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Are saints fans that guy you know who always talks about his ex from years ago that went off with another man and constantly brings her up in conversation just to talk s*** about her, trying to make out like they moved on but clearly haven't.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

This thread was only meant to be a little bit of fun. Of course, there was always going to be people to overreact to it. My advice to them is to have a cup tea, take a Bex and have a good lie down.

Good to see the people who have a sense of humour on here outweigh those who don't.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Remember how BJ said one day they would write books and make movies about him and ole 'Big Ears' Hird ? Well Walt Disney already did it back in 1939.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Are saints fans that guy you know who always talks about his ex from years ago that went off with another man and constantly brings her up in conversation just to talk s*** about her, trying to make out like they moved on but clearly haven't.
In a sense, yes, we are. It's been a very rough decade since losing GF2 in 2010. I don't rattle on about Goddard much, but when I see him in an Essendon guernsey, playing against St.Kilda, there is only one thing to do when he is near the ball: let him know that we didn't appreciate the way he left us. It's a form of acknowledgement. To not do it is apathy.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:This thread was only meant to be a little bit of fun. Of course, there was always going to be people to overreact to it. My advice to them is to have a cup tea, take a Bex and have a good lie down.

Good to see the people who have a sense of humour on here outweigh those who don't.
Oh so now we are the idiots and you are an irony genius (I should have known from the Larry David avatar)

Sorry I don't buy that champ.

Yes you might have been trying (with the emphasis on) to be light hearted, but when you get a bite don't come back on those people

Cause that shows no humour and no class.

So in summary if you thought it was fun, it wasn't and if it was serious my original thoughts apply, booing is for losers (is that you genius)

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Kate
Club Player

Same rules for BJ as Adam Goodes and any other player. If he acts like a dick, I'll boo him, if not, I won't.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:Same rules for BJ as Adam Goodes and any other player. If he acts like a dick, I'll boo him, if not, I won't.
Very strange post!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
Sainternist wrote:I still can't find it within myself to forgive him. He was my favourite player before he went to Essendon. I just think we have a duty as St.Kilda FC supporters to let him know that he left us at a very bad time. And choosing a scumbag club like Essendon was an act of treachery.

To all the BJ sympathisers, you're entitled to your view, but you should question your own loyalty to the club at the same time.

Fortius Quo Fidelius = Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword, or GTFO!!!
Such a mature outlook!!

Answer me this OP, if we win in 2010 on the back of his goal and mark and he still leaves, do you still boo him. I remember sitting in a Swans/ Saints game crowd at the SCG shortly after Schneider came across and a few were booing him and I said to them "how dare you boo a player who won a premiership with your side and was cut by the club anyway"

You see booing is such a small minded activity. Does it really give you joy? I think it just makes you seem a little bitter, but hey

So what he leaves, whilst he was with the club he gave 100% loyalty, that is all we can ask as supporters.

He wants to look after his life, good luck to him and really would our side look better with him in it now. We had to move Dal, BJ, Gwilt etc all wonderful Saints but we move on and now we have Jacks to cheer for.

And as for calling out supporters for questioning their loyalty, don't go there.
yep[/quote

+ Yep also

St Lenny
Club Player

I believe in loyalty. So I will boo $J and any player who leaves us for more money especially. No depth to a person like that.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
Sainternist wrote:This thread was only meant to be a little bit of fun. Of course, there was always going to be people to overreact to it. My advice to them is to have a cup tea, take a Bex and have a good lie down.

Oh so now we are the idiots and you are an irony genius (I should have known from the Larry David avatar)

Yes you might have been trying (with the emphasis on) to be light hearted, but when you get a bite don't come back on those people

So in summary if you thought it was fun, it wasn't and if it was serious my original thoughts apply, booing is for losers (is that you genius)
Gee whiz, you're an insufferable whinger sometimes.
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Kate wrote:Same rules for BJ as Adam Goodes and any other player. If he acts like a dick, I'll boo him, if not, I won't.
Very strange post!
Both strange and pathetic, for mine.

People who booed Adam Goodes lacked class.

felix
Club Player

I don't recall Goodes being a dick? What did he do ?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Drafted to us when we were at a lowly ebb from a Carlton-loving family and never looked back.

Gave his all for the club.

And then some.

Drove incredibly high standards.

Probably needed a change of scenery; was clearly emotionally affected by the 2009-10 defeats.

Didn't hold the club to ransom or demand to walk out (like Barry Hall or Peter Everitt).

Club declined to match his offer.

Loved the club so deeply he cried after we played them.

Has proven himself to be dedicated to a club that has basically torn his premiership hopes away.

Has nothing but total respect from me and I choose to remember his 200-game career with us as one of the best I've seen in the RW&B.

If I saw him out, I'd shake his hand and say thanks for the service to my football club and thanks for the memories.

(...I mean, really. Aaron Hamill walked out on Carlton to join us for the money. Yet we love him.)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Drafted to us when we were at a lowly ebb from a Carlton-loving family and never looked back.

And then some.

Probably needed a change of scenery; was clearly emotionally affected by the 2009-10 defeats.

Didn't hold the club to ransom or demand to walk out (like Barry Hall or Peter Everitt).

Has proven himself to be dedicated to a club that has basically torn his premiership hopes away.

Has nothing but total respect from me and I choose to remember his 200-game career with us as one of the best I've seen in the RW&B.

If I saw him out, I'd shake his hand and say thanks for the service to my football club and thanks for the memories.

(...I mean, really. Aaron Hamill walked out on Carlton to join us for the money. Yet we love him.)
And this is a post I respect, because unlike the other ones that were contrary to my OP, you actually went to the trouble presenting some strong reasons in why he should have more respect, without resorting to hyperbole, getting highly offended and putting on a song and a dance.

SuperSaint66
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Drafted to us when we were at a lowly ebb from a Carlton-loving family and never looked back.

And then some.

Good post. Agree.

robbie muir
Club Player

Great post evertonfc.

Goddard may have moved on but he did play over 200 games for our club.

Lenny and him did everything possible to get us across the line in 2009 and 2010.

Although I will not cheer him on Sunday, I will also not boo him.

Deep down I think he realises he made a mistake going to Essendon, regardless of what he says in the press.

When he kicked that goal in the drawn grand final there was 6 minutes 52 seconds left to play.

After 40 plus years of following the Saints, for a moment I thought our time had arrived.

Alas it was not meant to be, so the wait continues.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

robbie muir wrote:
When he kicked that goal in the drawn grand final there was 6 minutes 52 seconds left to play.

After 40 plus years of following the Saints, for a moment I thought our time had arrived.
It was an incredible moment, wasn't it?

It was absolute ecstasy and sheer jubilation, a feeling of years of frustration and pain suddenly lifted from our shoulders. But only a minute or two later, when that big meathead Cloke kicked that cheap goal to put the Filth back in front, the switch was suddenly flicked from the ecstatic feeling to the opposite spectrum of agony.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:
And this is a post I respect, because unlike the other ones that were contrary to my OP, you actually went to the trouble presenting some strong reasons in why he should have more respect, without resorting to hyperbole, getting highly offended and putting on a song and a dance.
Hyperbole mmm this coming from someone who wrote "Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword, or GTFO!!!" but oh that's right you were been light hearted, us whingers just couldn't see it

I moving on now to enjoy the footy and think about J Roughhead

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Kate
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Very strange post!

Right, so choosing to base my reaction to players, be they BJ, Adam Goodes (who was brought up in the poll), or anyone else for that matter, on their behaviour, rather than on their physical, racial, religious or sexual aspects , is pathetic? I won't be booing BJ on Sunday, because the game is of far more interest. If, however, he does something stupid, that may change. This also applies to the entire Essendon team.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

If booing gets into his head and makes him play worse we should boo him. It's a competition.
Personally I wouldn't boo him for leaving the club because it was probably better for us at the time to get high picks imo. He was a great player for us.
However; if I were to boo him it would be for acting the media hero at that sucker club Essendon. Comes across like a twat nowadays.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am not a booer but BJ is clearly a worse bloke than Adam Goodes. Yes BJ was very good for us and gave us 100%. He was bloody awesome for us. But he is a bog ordinary bloke. Not that that actually matters or means anything. Who cares if he is a sh*t bloke. It isnt a good bloke competition. But lets not pretend he isnt.

felix
Club Player

Kate wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Very strange post!

Right, so choosing to base my reaction to players, be they BJ, Adam Goodes (who was brought up in the poll), or anyone else for that matter, on their behaviour, rather than on their physical, racial, religious or sexual aspects , is pathetic? I won't be booing BJ on Sunday, because the game is of far more interest. If, however, he does something stupid, that may change. This also applies to the entire Essendon team.
What behaviour Kate ? Name it up ...Goodes..Goddard ?

Kate
Club Player

felix wrote:
Kate wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Very strange post!

What behaviour Kate ? Name it up ...Goodes..Goddard ?
????
It's hypothetical. What do you want? The usual stuff that gets a crowd going? Showboating, sooking, playing for frees, Stevie J getting run down in front of goal, umpiring, dog acts? If someone acts up and they are wearing an opposition jumper, they might cop a serve. As said previously there are no special rules for BJ and Goodes. You seem to have a problem with that?