Wooden Spoon Talk

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Paul
Club Player

Re: Wooden Spoon Talk

parkeysainter wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
kell wrote:Look on the bright side, I hear its a good draft !
And our genius head of recruiting, the freshwater fish traded away our 2nd and 3rd round picks in it. Outstanding!
Welcome back Drake Huggins. :D
I ain't Drake, PS. I'm not alone in my criticism of TFWF. Does criticism of him make everyone else on here Drake? Unfortunately, this is one time Drake was right. He did call it before anyone else. I wish he had been wrong. It seems most of the forum is channeling the dear, departed Drake, when it comes to TFWF.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
St. Paul
Club Player

.daed si ekarD

stonecold
SS Life Member

Your not Drake, I keep telling everyone, but those in the know keep telling me you are!!!!!

Go Figure, Drake was entitled to get one thing right, never took him seriously anyway!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
kalsaint
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
David-Lee wrote:So...he says, if we play our cards just right we might win a 1st round, Number 1 draft pick.

There's stiff comp in the cellar but if anyone can choke, bumble and slide down the ladder whilst sucking the life out of their faithful, it's St Kilda.

Lets hope the boys keep giving their best effort...E.G. guaranteed wooden spoon.

Season over after 6 rounds. Wouldn't be far from it - playing for nothing now.

Yep its not 1997. Players then were in the frame by Stan and came good. The pressure effort is improving but the kicking is just not AFL level and fumbling has become a pedigree a this club. It all leads to turnovers and creates a huge work load for the remainder of the team in terms of defence. No wonder we get run over because we chase bums all day and get physically tired to maintain the effort to possibly create a turnover only to lose it soon after. Body rules the head at that stage of a game so we wont win close ones with our skills as th opposition always knows they are in with a chance to poach the ball late in a game.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
kell wrote:Look on the bright side, I hear its a good draft !
And our genius head of recruiting, the freshwater fish traded away our 2nd and 3rd round picks in it. Outstanding!
Welcome back Drake Huggins. :D
I ain't Drake, PS. I'm not alone in my criticism of TFWF. Does criticism of him make everyone else on here Drake? Unfortunately, this is one time Drake was right. He did call it before anyone else. I wish he had been wrong. It seems most of the forum is channeling the dear, departed Drake, when it comes to TFWF.
What the hell is TFWF?????

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

He’s NOT Drake! He’s just a very naughty boy! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Only Drake used to say "the prosecution rests its case." Guess who is using the same terminology again?

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
takeaway
Club Player

No, No Parkey, St Paulie is not Drake. Drake GPH used to be a recruiting scout guru for the Saints, but got dumped by a new regime. St Paul has said he has never been a recruiter, so knows nothing about it. So there's a big difference.
Drake seemed old school, and St P has said he was born after 1982, so there's another discrepancy. Unless, perhaps, he was 30 years old when he was born.

Ha. Didn't take him long to get back to his favourite fish menu did it? Like a broken record.

spert
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:
Spinner wrote:
David-Lee wrote:So...he says, if we play our cards just right we might win a 1st round, Number 1 draft pick.

There's stiff comp in the cellar but if anyone can choke, bumble and slide down the ladder whilst sucking the life out of their faithful, it's St Kilda.

Lets hope the boys keep giving their best effort...E.G. guaranteed wooden spoon.

Season over after 6 rounds. Wouldn't be far from it - playing for nothing now.

Yep its not 1997. Players then were in the frame by Stan and came good. The pressure effort is improving but the kicking is just not AFL level and fumbling has become a pedigree a this club. It all leads to turnovers and creates a huge work load for the remainder of the team in terms of defence. No wonder we get run over because we chase bums all day and get physically tired to maintain the effort to possibly create a turnover only to lose it soon after. Body rules the head at that stage of a game so we wont win close ones with our skills as th opposition always knows they are in with a chance to poach the ball late in a game.
From memory we had a pretty poor start to 1997 season and Stan's future as coach was being questioned inside and outside the club. Apparently the president got all the players together at his house and they all agreed to get behind Stan- next thing the team is playing championship footy and ends up in a GF. Just shows you when a team decides to play for the coach, the results are much different. Sadly the club axed Stan eventually when the tail started wagging the dog.

St. Paul
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:Only Drake used to say "the prosecution rests its case." Guess who is using the same terminology again?
Gee, nobody ever says that. A common colloquialism that has been used on this forum, as well of thousands of others. I hope you never sit on a jury, PS. You have a disturbing habit of distorting everything to suit your flimsy, poorly constructed arguments.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, don't you know? I doubt anyone copies anything you say, PS. I find your obsession with a former poster, whose efforts you scorned and placed no value on, highly amusing. I think your little playmate, pebbles, is still trying to work out out what TFWF stands for. How dumb can you be? The movie, Dumb and dumber, comes to mind. You'd better check under your bed and in your toy cupboard tonight. Drake might be in there. Look out, he's behind you! Drake would be pleased he continues to torture your tiny brains! :D :D :D

stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Only Drake used to say "the prosecution rests its case." Guess who is using the same terminology again?
Gee, nobody ever says that. A common colloquialism that has been used on this forum, as well of thousands of others. I hope you never sit on a jury, PS. You have a disturbing habit of distorting everything to suit your flimsy, poorly constructed arguments.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, don't you know? I doubt anyone copies anything you say, PS. I find your obsession with a former poster, whose efforts you scorned and placed no value on, highly amusing. I think your little playmate, pebbles, is still trying to work out out what TFWF stands for. How dumb can you be? The movie, Dumb and dumber, comes to mind. You'd better check under your bed and in your toy cupboard tonight. Drake might be in there. Look out, he's behind you! Drake would be pleased he continues to torture your tiny brains! :D :D :D
Onya, I tried to play nice, not anymore!!!!!

Drake was a former policeman whom worked in records and warrants apparently!!!!!

So that's not you, despite the messages I keep getting to say otherwise, I've already stated it's not you, so not sure why you would pick a fight and baiting me!!!!!

You would have been a teen when 'dumb and dumber was released if what you say is true, so your parents shouldn't have let you watch!!!!!

You need to be really careful on how you post now 'old mate', you may just be on the verge of giving away your real age!!!!!

All the best with it Champion!!!!!

As for what TFWF means, I just thought you had missed spelt TMBK!!!!!

Wake up Jeff!!!!!

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:

How many different names have you come back as after being banned? Is that 5? :D

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote:No, No Parkey, St Paulie is not Drake. Drake GPH used to be a recruiting scout guru for the Saints, but got dumped by a new regime. St Paul has said he has never been a recruiter, so knows nothing about it. So there's a big difference.
Drake seemed old school, and St P has said he was born after 1982, so there's another discrepancy. Unless, perhaps, he was 30 years old when he was born.

Ha. Didn't take him long to get back to his favourite fish menu did it? Like a broken record.
Lol. He even threw in some post - I might make the trip down from Bairnsdale this weekend. What a red herring. It gets better and better! :D

stonecold
SS Life Member

parkeysainter wrote:
St. Paul wrote:

How many different names have you come back as after being banned? Is that 5? :D

Many, but he assures us he's not Drake, so have to take him on he's word!!!!!

But, if he was Drake, (which he is not, :wink: :wink: ), I suggest 5 is pretty close!!!!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

getting top picks is one thing..knowing how to use them is another.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
St. Paul wrote:

But, if he was Drake, (which he is not, :wink: :wink: ), I suggest 5 is pretty close!!!!!
There is more chance of the Apollo moon landings being fake than Drake Huggins not making a secret comeback on SS.net right now. :lol:

stonecold
SS Life Member

parkeysainter wrote:
stonecold wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
St. Paul wrote:

There is more chance of the Apollo moon landings being fake than Drake Huggins not making a secret comeback on SS.net right now. :lol:

But it's not him, cause he told us that!!!!!

So, we should believe Brother Paul, it is not Drakey Boy, he said he was born after 1982!!!!! :wink:

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote: Not even in the 80’s were we this bad.
No offence but as someone who was there for pretty much the entire '80s week in, week out that is a stupid thing to say.

Remember 1985 when we lost the first three games of the season by a combined 360 points and conceded 80+ goals, including losing to Carlton by 140 points at Moorabbin?

I rest my case...
I was also there every week.
If you'd read the post in its entirety then you'd realise that we did not have the talent to be better than we were.
The 80's were a different time. There was a gulf between the top four or five teams and the rest.
If you take out the two from North because of the 10yr rule, then only four teams won flags between 1970 and 1989. Richmond, Hawthorn, Carlton, and Essendon.
Once the draft and salary cap took hold then things evened up.

Our last two seasons have been promising to build up to a finals spot this season... So there's no excuse today. We have had access to high end talent and our skills are getting worse.

Oh, and after our three massive losses in 85 we won the next match...I was there for all of them!
When's our next win this season?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Hey St Paul, regardless of whoever you are, or aren't... welcome I say. :D

I enjoy your jousts with your various 'mates' on here. Ok, I doubt anything will ever quite match Nymeria vs. TB/ Nymeria vs. comrade Rosputin, but the theatre that you blokes (and girls?) provide is great fun and great reading IMHO. Now, we just need to get Con back into the game. :D

PS: St P, given the, uhm, 'conjecture' as to how long you've a member of this forum :wink: , if the examples above aren't familiar to you, then if you ever have a few spare moments, I highly recommend doing a SS search under 'Nymeria'. Nobody else has ever pulled out 'poltroon' during an SS tussle. That one certainly sent most readers scurrying to their dictionaries. :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
ace
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:Luckily we gave away our 2nd rd pick in the next draft.. what, about pick 22?
Trout failed cuisenaire in primary school.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The "experts" are saying that we won't win our next game until round 17 when we play the Blues.

That may well turn out to be for the wooden spoon and the no 1 pick.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:He’s NOT Drake! He’s just a very naughty boy! :lol:
“ Drake He’s in his hammock, and a thousand miles from home”

Newbolt: “ Drake’s Drum “

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

I like Drake.

Politically I think we're at opposite ends of the spectrum but he writes well. He's witheringly accurate
most of the time. A much more astute observer than most on this forum.

As far as I'm concerned he's welcome back under any name he chooses.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:The "experts" are saying that we won't win our next game until round 17 when we play the Blues.

That may well turn out to be for the wooden spoon and the no 1 pick.
That’s laughable.

As if we are going to lose the next 10 straight. Simply won’t happen.

There will be a few games like the GWS one where we string together 4 quarters (or close to) of decent footy.
Yes, we may rely on the other team also being hopeless in front of goal (like the GWS game), but it will happen.

Also, by Round 17, the players and coach should’ve finally got used to not having Roo and Joey around, and have adjusted accordingly.

In the next 10 games, I expect 3 wins. That’s not unreasonable. I can’t predict against who we will win, as I have NFI which weeks we will “turn up”.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
takeaway
Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:I like Drake.

Politically I think we're at opposite ends of the spectrum but he writes well. He's witheringly accurate
most of the time. A much more astute observer than most on this forum.

As far as I'm concerned he's welcome back under any name he chooses.
Of course he is welcome back (again) under any name he chooses. I guess a lot of the banter arose because the name he chose is apparently not the name Drake chose, and he is sticking to that.

In my view he does make some good points, and writes well. I would question "witheringly accurate most of time", more like "witheringly negative most of the time", which does inspire more positive posters to respond.
Constructive criticism is valuable, destructive criticism is not. All fun and games.