Summers being replaced as president

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Summers being replaced as president

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:38am
thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:31am
parkeysainter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:24am
BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:00am
jaxons wrote: Wed 08 Aug 2018 11:26pm Andrew is a great asset but a number 1 front man and leader he is not.
I know Andrew. Agree that he would need a lot of media training before he could be a front man for media. But really the CEO should be that!
Media front man? Really? Sorry, but I have barely seen or heard from Finnis in the media since he joined the Saints. Same goes for Summers.

I find it strange that Lethers has been easily heard and seen more in the media than the above.
That’s coz “Lethers” ( :roll: ) is auditioning for another gig, ANY gig! Out of Moorabbin he will go as soon as he gets a SNIFF of another gig!
He said he's in the for the long haul and wants to turn the Saints around. Show a bit of faith Jiggers.
“Show a bit of faith” ? What the phucking hell have I been doing these past 28 yearsother than showing faith? :lol: Get Real, this bloke WILL be offski!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:54am
jaxons wrote: Wed 08 Aug 2018 11:26pm Andrew is a great asset but a number 1 front man and leader he is not.
I know Andrew. Agree that he would need a lot of media training before he could be a front man for media. But really the CEO should be that!
Media front man? Really? Sorry, but I have barely seen or heard from Finnis in the media since he joined the Saints. Same goes for Summers.

I find it strange that Lethers has been easily heard and seen more in the media than the above.
That’s coz “Lethers” ( :roll: ) is auditioning for another gig, ANY gig! Out of Moorabbin he will go as soon as he gets a SNIFF of another gig!
He said he's in the for the long haul and wants to turn the Saints around. Show a bit of faith Jiggers.
“Show a bit of faith” ? What the phucking hell have I been doing these past 28 yearsother than showing faith? :lol: Get Real, this bloke WILL be offski!
Maybe. Time will tell! 😁

The Saints need 4 points to get you back on track.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:36am
SaintPav wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:17am
BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:10am
SaintPav wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:05am CEO of an ASX listed media company needs media training?

Interesting.

I’m sure he sees it that way.

Maybe he can take a few tips from a few Saintsaitional wannabes.

🙄
HUGE difference between dealing with (mostly print) financial media and dealing with Footy / News media.

And just FYI that is my area of expertise.
AGM’s, taking heat from institutional investors and questions from analysts on a daily basis. I think he could handle a camera and a mic and questions from second and third rate football ‘journalists’.
Completely different beasts. Andrew is comfortable with numbers and legislated communications. Politics and shooting from the hip isn't currently a strong suit. Footy media will catch him out quickly. Very hard to put the genie back in the bottle these days.
Got to be better than the incumbent....would you be confident, BFUSA, that he could be trained up though?

Nee!
minneapolis
Club Player

fugazi wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 1:03am
SaintPav wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:05am CEO of an ASX listed media company needs media training?

Interesting.

🙄
HUGE difference between dealing with (mostly print) financial media and dealing with Footy / News media.

AGM’s, taking heat from institutional investors and questions from analysts on a daily basis. I think he could handle a camera and a mic and questions from second and third rate football ‘journalists’.
Completely different beasts. Andrew is comfortable with numbers and legislated communications. Politics and shooting from the hip isn't currently a strong suit. Footy media will catch him out quickly. Very hard to put the genie back in the bottle these days.
Got to be better than the incumbent....would you be confident, BFUSA, that he could be trained up though?
Good question, Fugazi. But would he want to be?

Successful business men have a lot of control and are rarely challenged on irrelevant positions.

For example, So Mr Successful WA Business man and Board Member of The Eagles, can you tell why you didn't put safeguards in place to stop Andrew Gaff ruining the whole of the Eagles season? Don't you have a duty of care to do that?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Interesting.

🙄

Yes could be. And could be wheeled out on the right occasions only. The CEO should be the one dealing with media because they should have the day to day under their control. If you have one voice then you have a unified and consistent voice. Also you can use the “our CEO will make comment in due course” when door stopped and that buys time to strategise and respond.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
spert
Saintsational Legend

bbm wrote: Wed 08 Aug 2018 9:01pm My mail today from a work colleague who knows Summers and had coffee with him on Sunday morning. He will be finishing up this year - knows his time has come. There are two candidates - one who is being backed by the Board - the other being pushed by Gillon. Obviously one is Bassat - the other is a mystery. I don't know which one is Gillons. Apparently Gillon gave a tip off to the Herald Sun.
Change is a coming put all your money on it
Molly Meldrum?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 9:28am
bbm wrote: Wed 08 Aug 2018 9:01pm My mail today from a work colleague who knows Summers and had coffee with him on Sunday morning. He will be finishing up this year - knows his time has come. There are two candidates - one who is being backed by the Board - the other being pushed by Gillon. Obviously one is Bassat - the other is a mystery. I don't know which one is Gillons. Apparently Gillon gave a tip off to the Herald Sun.
Change is a coming put all your money on it
Molly Meldrum?
“Do ourselves a favour” (?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:57am

Maybe. Time will tell! 😁

:D :D :wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:57am

Maybe. Time will tell! 😁

Then I guess I won’t be “back on track” THIS season Colleague :lol: :lol: :lol:

ctqs
Club Player

We can fix that. :wink:

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 10:10am
parkeysainter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:57am Maybe. Time will tell! 😁

Then I guess I won’t be “back on track” THIS season Colleague :lol: :lol: :lol:
I want twelve more points this season!!! :twisted:

That'll get us truly back on track!

Why? Because, twelve more points this season can only happen... if we have sorted out our coaching and development issues! :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Interesting.

🙄

So Simon, it must be you whom we have to (very) gratefully thank, for keeping our Pres' from doing more press conferences, after his opening debacle with Netters'(?)

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Wed 08 Aug 2018 9:35pm Played footy with Andrew. Always got on well. Huge Saints man. Really respect him. So happy for him when SEEK was a hit. Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to recruit another ex teammate to the board (or as a major donor) https://www.afr.com/business/banking-an ... 518-gh4m6h David also grew up in the Moorabbin stands through the mid 70s to mid 80s - but currently lives in London / Sydney yet still tunes in to Saints games.
Macquarie Group's top infrastructure banker, David Roseman, has moved to the United Kingdom in a sign the Australian investment bank believes there are more opportunities to do infrastructure and renewable energy deals in the northern hemisphere.
Oh great!

Yet more 'unforeseen' collateral damage from our Australian Tea Party government being so beholden to the dying dinosaur that is the fossil fuels energy generation industry. And 'thanks' again, Institute of Pubic Affairs! :roll:

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:13pm
BackFromUSA wrote: Wed 08 Aug 2018 9:35pm Played footy with Andrew. Always got on well. Huge Saints man. Really respect him. So happy for him when SEEK was a hit. Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to recruit another ex teammate to the board (or as a major donor) https://www.afr.com/business/banking-an ... 518-gh4m6h David also grew up in the Moorabbin stands through the mid 70s to mid 80s - but currently lives in London / Sydney yet still tunes in to Saints games.
Macquarie Group's top infrastructure banker, David Roseman, has moved to the United Kingdom in a sign the Australian investment bank believes there are more opportunities to do infrastructure and renewable energy deals in the northern hemisphere.
Oh great!

Yet more 'unforeseen' collateral damage from our Australian Tea Party government being so beholden to the dying dinosaur that is the fossil fuels energy generation industry. And 'thanks' again, Institute of Pubic Affairs! :roll:
Wouldn’t read that into it. He literally does his job on world scale. London also closer to USA. He is back here regularly but for personal and professional reasons London is a better base for him. They are into any good opportunities wherever they are in the world. He is a very very good decision maker. Rarely wrong.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:59pm
Dave McNamara wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:13pm
Oh great!

Wouldn’t read that into it. He literally does his job on world scale. London also closer to USA. He is back here regularly but for personal and professional reasons London is a better base for him. They are into any good opportunities wherever they are in the world. He is a very very good decision maker. Rarely wrong.
I hope you're right on that one Simon... for the greater good of our planet, our country, but most importantly, our Saintas!

And thanks again for helping keep our Pres'... out of the media. :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I attended a luncheon where our president was the guest speaker.

You are being a tad hard on him mate.

He wasn't too bad. Honest and straight forward, i would say. Didn't dodge the hard questions either.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 1:22pm I attended a luncheon where our president was the guest speaker.

He wasn't too bad. Honest and straight forward, i would say. Didn't dodge the hard questions either.
That's true. Peter is a lovely bloke; very passionate about St Kilda - and a generous contributor both time and money-wise - but at the end of the day, it's a very tough gig being St Kilda's President right now. He's never dodged any question I've asked directly of him and I've always thought of his responses considered and sincere.

Sometimes however, there's nothing to say and if you choose to give a journo's opinion or comment 'air' - all you do is inadvertently fan the flames.

I'd love a Peter Gordon or Eddie McGuire to be our president right now but equally, at the other end of the spectrum - the thought of a Greg Westaway MkII makes me shudder. Peter - for better or worse - is somewhere in between.

Go you red, black & white warriors
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 1:22pm I attended a luncheon where our president was the guest speaker.

I’ve heard him speak at several interstate pregame functions, and like yourself, have found him to be fair dinkum.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 5:55pm

I’ve heard him speak at several interstate pregame functions, and like yourself, have found him to be fair dinkum.
Yep. :D

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 6:00pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 5:55pm

Personally I have no issue with our current President.

Yep. :D

jaxons
Club Player

Interesting.

🙄
Andrew is deaf in one ear and it makes it harder for him to communicate effectively.
This is not a criticism it is a fact acknowledged by the man himself.

JR23
Club Player

Great to see the ineffective Summers go. Demonstrated really low leadership skills

When was he last time he was quoted making comments or led positive change. Seek guy seems a good option

ctqs
Club Player

The current administration lost me once and for all at the decision to extend the coach's contract for as long as they did, when they did. There was no reason for it - seriously, who was trying to headhunt him? - and it really has held us back.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Wed 08 Aug 2018 2:39pm I believe he’s a keen Sainter. SEEK were well backed financially at the start and very shrewd. An internet pioneer story that has destroyed The Age classifieds along with realestate.com.au
Not to forget Carsales .com
ICPOTA destroyed
EDPOTA to follow

SEK, REA, CAR have been great disruptors and shareholders have done well. :D :D :D
FXJ destroyed, shareholders have received their just deserts :D :D :D

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 4:33am

Interesting.

🙄

Good question, Fugazi. But would he want to be?

Successful business men have a lot of control and are rarely challenged on irrelevant positions.

For example, So Mr Successful WA Business man and Board Member of The Eagles, can you tell why you didn't put safeguards in place to stop Andrew Gaff ruining the whole of the Eagles season? Don't you have a duty of care to do that?
We mandated that all players wear boxing gloves but the coach has gone rogue and allowed players onto the field without them.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.