2019 Season a disaster already

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2019 Season a disaster already

And Simon you can go and f*** yourself.

Grubs like Jaxons can run individuals at the club into the ground who cant defend themselves yet you get banned if you comment on other posters. Pffft!

I'll say it again. Jaxons you are a grub.

<1 week ban for abusing other posters>

DJ Higgins
Club Player

On a plus only 372 days until next season

spert
Saintsational Legend

To quote a line from an old 60s Moody Blues song .."from the ashes we can build another day". Richo and co need to build a strong TEAM, as that's what wins in the end.

gone fission
Club Player

To quote a line from an old Velvet Underground song

"I'm waiting for my man, twenty-six dollars in my hand.
Up to Lexington, 125, feeling sick and dirty, more dead than alive."

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 5:05pm And Simon you can go and f*** yourself.

Grubs like Jaxons can run individuals at the club into the ground who cant defend themselves yet you get banned if you comment on other posters. Pffft!

I think someone needs the one day holiday.

At the end of the day we all have different opinions as to why the Saints have been terrible in the last 8 years - save for a year or 2 where it appeared may be improving, but it has since proven a false dawn.

Some are very frustrated with the path we've taken and how long it's taken us to get back to being a finals contender again. I'm in that group and I've run out of excuses/patience to giving people a free pass. I enjoy both T74's AND Jaxons posts. Both are from different perspectives but are from an apparent club insider position. Right now, the information provided by T74 about the condition of Paddy and Robbo this week appeared a PR exercise straight from the saints media department to appease the masses and buy time. His post has proven to be completely false. Not saying he lied as that may well be the information the club had at the time but as many rightfully pointed out - surely only the relevant player's cardiologist and neurologist was in a position to assess the players. Jaxons frustrations at what has been going on is shared and suspected by many on here. He has never said who he is or what position if any he holds at the club. But he's entitled to an opinion on the coach, the Pres, the captain and the CEO. And i reckon in this brave new world, most of us are smart enough to decipher and analyse what he said.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 5:33pm

At the end of the day we all have different opinions as to why the Saints have been terrible in the last 8 years - save for a year or 2 where it appeared may be improving, but it has since proven a false dawn.

Some are very frustrated with the path we've taken and how long it's taken us to get back to being a finals contender again. I'm in that group and I've run out of excuses/patience to giving people a free pass. I enjoy both T74's AND Jaxons posts. Both are from different perspectives but are from an apparent club insider position. Right now, the information provided by T74 about the condition of Paddy and Robbo this week appeared a PR exercise straight from the saints media department to appease the masses and buy time. His post has proven to be completely false. Not saying he lied as that may well be the information the club had at the time but as many rightfully pointed out - surely only the relevant player's cardiologist and neurologist was in a position to assess the players. Jaxons frustrations at what has been going on is shared and suspected by many on here. He has never said who he is or what position if any he holds at the club. But he's entitled to an opinion on the coach, the Pres, the captain and the CEO. And i reckon in this brave new world, most of us are smart enough to decipher and analyse what he said.
But, insulting club officials is now a no- no and that's a good thing.

Crossy66
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 5:37pm
Moods wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 5:33pm

But, insulting club officials is now a no- no and that's a good thing.
Is it just me or did Jaxons take a left turn about the time Lethlean was appointed?

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Moods wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 5:33pmRight now, the information provided by T74 about the condition of Paddy and Robbo this week appeared a PR exercise straight from the saints media department to appease the masses and buy time. His post has proven to be completely false.
Without looking up what that poster said at the time, I think what they posted was probably consistent with what people were seeing at the time.

I believe Tony said Paddy wasn't feeling sick until later. It's pretty common for someone who has been concussed to be asymptomatic in the immediate aftermath and develop symptoms later. Overnight monitoring of somebody who has suffered a concussion is completely normal. It's not out of the question that everybody involved thought on Monday morning that Paddy would be fine. I'm also not sure at this point how symptomatic Paddy actually is. I think a lot of the press around his injury has been '8 concussions in 5 years - gee, that's a lot!' which is not particularly scientific. I would absolutely not rule out that Paddy is being leaned on to retire by the league because they're tired of the negative press they're getting with each knock. There seems to be less concern for how the player actually feels than how his injuries have made everyone else feel.

I'm sure most people in the club would have thought Robbo to be fine too. All reports were that he was up and about and complained to the medicos about feeling wonky at the end of the game. I would think it a lot harder for an observer to declare him unfit to play than somebody detached from the situation. Fans are always much happier to declare a player's career over than the player is. At this stage, I'm not convinced of anything. At the very least, I'm disappointed that Robbo has been seemingly pressured into semi-retirement to make way for Sam Rowe. I would have preferred for the club to have exhausted all avenues on both players' accounts and, in particular, not signed Sam Rowe.

In any case, I think what Tony said was probably what he'd seen or heard.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think most long term posters note the runs Tony has on the board and appreciate his contributions.

Recent criticism seems to be more in the context of an altogether different conflict

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Aussie Jonestown on Fri 15 Mar 2019 7:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 5:01pm All of the other stuff is grubby agenda recruiting by a person that is perceived as a hero on here, a hero that uses privilaged information, let me say that agian, privaleged information, to recruit people on anonoumous social media platform to recruit support for his own agenda. Just a grubby indivual. Ohhh please Jaxson tell us what you know. Like a bunch of fuctards salivating over the next issue of Womans Day.

Jaxons you are a grub.
WOW

jaxons, ignore this abusive poster and his butchering of the english language... your posts are very much appreciated by me.

:wink:

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Disaster would be if any of Marshall, Clark, Gresham, Long, Billings, Ross, Membrey, Bruce, Joyce, Phillips, Paton, Steven, Steele, Battle, McKenzie, King or Clavarino left. And, separately, AR stays coach after the bye. Loss of a major sponsor and another significant operating loss would also be up there. A drugs or sex scandal would be disastrous. What we have so far is a set of terribly unfortunate happenings that are eminently manageable and a salary cap situation that paradoxically is improving.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 7:24pm
Cairnsman wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 5:01pm All of the other stuff is grubby agenda recruiting by a person that is perceived as a hero on here, a hero that uses privilaged information, let me say that agian, privaleged information, to recruit people on anonoumous social media platform to recruit support for his own agenda. Just a grubby indivual. Ohhh please Jaxson tell us what you know. Like a bunch of fuctards salivating over the next issue of Womans Day.

Jaxons you are a grub.
WOW

jaxons, ignore this abusive poster and his butchering of the english language... your posts are very much appreciated by me.

:wink:
Jaxons is entitled to his opinions but frankly they are no more valid than anyone else's. And as for the solutions. Sack the coach, the captain, CEO and director of football. FFS, please. Then what?

spert
Saintsational Legend

gone fission wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 5:18pm To quote a line from an old Velvet Underground song

"I'm waiting for my man, twenty-six dollars in my hand.
Up to Lexington, 125, feeling sick and dirty, more dead than alive."
Peace man :wink:

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 8:31pm
Jaxons is entitled to his opinions but frankly they are no more valid than anyone else's. And as for the solutions. Sack the coach, the captain, CEO and director of football. FFS, please. Then what?
Appoint people who are far more competent in all of these positions.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 9:02pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 8:31pm
Appoint people who are far more competent in all of these positions.
And who would they be?

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Back on topic, is there any proof to the rumour that Geary is injured? Calf tear has been posted bit not sure if it's a joke

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 8:51am We are in absolute all sorts, season already looked bleak and now:
Steven mental issues
Carlisle Back is cooked
Roberton retiring
Paddy most likely will never play again

One of our big hopes and 3 of top 7 players in all kinds of trouble. Compound that with Hannas who is strugglingto get to AFL gear.

This club is in disarray.. most absolutely unavoidable but my oh my.. this is sad
?

What the fucck were you deadshits expecting this year FFS??

A flag??

s***. I'd say that regardless of losing McCartin and Roberton (who pretty much missed last year anyway), we've only lost Carlisle (big loss), but we've blatantly improved in many other areas.

Get a grip. We're s***. Have been for 5 years, and will be for another 2. The cycle of life for a club that only has 290,000 supporters in an 11 team town.

<1 week ban for abuse of other posters and circumventing swear filter:

Attempts to circumvent the swear filter with terms with alternate spellings, or any usage of those words within another word OR an alteration of the swear word that may constitute the reader to understand that it is a swear word, will be deemed as a breach of swearing rule and a 1 DAY BAN will be issued. Severe cases will result in a 1 WEEK BAN>

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Rodger
u seem frustrated

would ya buy a sticker and a like from Warnie
for $10 ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 10:30am
When you say unavoidable, not entirely true.
We have a Head of Football who has never worked at club level before, this is a fact.
Gubby Allen has a horrible name inside the industry for double dealing.
Finnis is regarded inside the industry as a joke of a CEO.
These are the people leading our football club.
Steven is back in the fold now and will play Round 1, his personal issues could not be helped.
Roberton is just bad luck for all involved.
Carlisle was cooked at start of the summer and club chose to wait until it got better, turns out the wrong choice.
And Paddy well despite the fact we should never have chosen him pick 1 to start with, his issues have arisen from poor football technique which is a coaching and development issue first and foremost.
As for Hannebery, this was Lethlean's call to pay him $800k a year for 5 years, and get a banged up footballer, who has been known by all to have social issues away from football.
Roberton and Steven were unavoidable, the rest the club has pulled the wrong reign, as usual.

<1 week ban for demeaning and casting dispersion on the character of Saints officials>
I would say that forumites with regularity have said much harsher stuff than this about players and officials

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Apart from stating the truth, what did Jaxons say that was so wrong?

This site has truly lost the plot.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

We have a Head of Football who has never worked at club level before, this is a fact.
Steven is back in the fold now and will play Round 1, his personal issues could not be helped.
Carlisle was cooked at start of the summer and club chose to wait until it got better, turns out the wrong choice.
And Paddy well despite the fact we should never have chosen him pick 1 to start with, his issues have arisen from poor football technique which is a coaching and development issue first and foremost.
As for Hannebery, this was Lethlean's call to pay him $800k a year for 5 years, and get a banged up footballer, who has been known by all to have social issues away from football.
Roberton and Steven were unavoidable, the rest the club has pulled the wrong reign, as usual.

<1 week ban for demeaning and casting dispersion on the character of Saints officials>
jaxons getting a one week ban for this post is totally ridiculous.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 10:33pm Rodger
u seem frustrated

would ya buy a sticker and a like from Warnie
for $10 ?
I wouldn't give a professional sporting club a cent. I don't see the point.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Quite amazing - a few days back everything was looking up and the club seemed to be on the right track with the move back to Moorabbin, new coaching appointments and new draftees all having positive impacts - there was definitely light at the end of the tunnel ...... but now ..... a couple of injuries down the track ....... the club is a clusterfk our officials are toxic and the sky is falling down :roll:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 15 Mar 2019 10:44pm

jaxons getting a one week ban for this post is totally ridiculous.
... and he had so so soooooooo much more material to work with, like
- the Coach who is taking us backwards
- our recruiters who blow all their biggest hands (Paddy)
- our medical staff that also get the big decisions wrong (Paddy, Roberton, Carlisle, Freezer ....)

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!