If Scott ends up as coach?...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: If Scott ends up as coach?...

bigred wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 2:43pm I am of the opinion that we need to, at a complete minimum be top four by 2025 or we are done. A premiership in the next five years must be the goal. The realistic goal.

Brad Scott, based on his ten season block of work at North Melbourne is not the guy to take us there.

I'll just switch off sooner rather than later. Wont hurt quite as much when they merge us with f****** Gold Coast and send us to Tasmania.

If the club appoint Scott then they are holding their members in complete contempt.

They need to be on notice.
I think they are. Well know even to the saints hierarchy that Scott is not liked and would be a very unpopular appointment.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I'm as worried as anyone about Scott becoming our Coach, although its not because I think he's a crap Coach, it's because I don't know. His 10 year record at North doesn't really answer the question, which is a worry.

However, let's assume Andrew Bassat isn't a fool. That even if Lethlean & Allan are singing his praises, Bassat is also assessing other mail on Scott.

In the weeks before Scott's departure North's form (although they weren't winning) was vastly improved. They started their winning streak, a good win against The Bulldogs under Scott. Although Shaw has tinkered (simplified) a fair bit with their game plan, the systems cannot have had major changes.

How do we know he hasn't blown Bassat's socks off with what he says he can do with our List? We don't know.

If he is eventually appointed, all we can do is back him and wait and see if he brings steady improvement, before condemning him from the start.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 3:15pm I'm as worried as anyone about Scott becoming our Coach, although its not because I think he's a crap Coach, it's because I don't know. His 10 year record at North doesn't really answer the question, which is a worry.

However, let's assume Andrew Bassat isn't a fool. That even if Lethlean & Allan are singing his praises, Bassat is also assessing other mail on Scott.

In the weeks before Scott's departure North's form (although they weren't winning) was vastly improved. They started their winning streak, a good win against The Bulldogs under Scott. Although Shaw has tinkered (simplified) a fair bit with their game plan, the systems cannot have had major changes.

How do we know he hasn't blown Bassat's socks off with what he says he can do with our List? We don't know.

If he is eventually appointed, all we can do is back him and wait and see if he brings steady improvement, before condemning him from the start.
Not me mate. If he is appointed coach, I'm definitely out.

Special
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 3:23pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 3:15pm I'm as worried as anyone about Scott becoming our Coach, although its not because I think he's a crap Coach, it's because I don't know. His 10 year record at North doesn't really answer the question, which is a worry.

Well with all due respects if any member refuses to re - sign due to the appointment of Scott that’s pretty sad and shows they are not true supporters.

True support is giving a coach a go.

If you want to throw your “vote” around then by all means attack the board - have a shot at the prez and CEO.

I’m happy with AB but want Finnis finished due to his poor judgment and timing in 2017 with the Richo extension.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BS.

Might work if you are a drone but blind loyalty is stupid and is not good for anyone.

Any relationship has to be a two way street.

Supporters who blindly trust the club’s decision making and just take what the club gives them are idiots.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 11:28am BS.

Might work if you are a drone but blind loyalty is stupid and is not good for anyone.

Supporters who blindly trust the club’s decision making and just take what the club gives them are idiots.
The only bigger idiot is one that thinks that whining and moaning about the club on an anonymous internet forum then taking what the club gives them anyway, makes them better than the idiot that trusts the club and takes what they give them.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 8:20am
saynta wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 3:23pm

Well with all due respects if any member refuses to re - sign due to the appointment of Scott that’s pretty sad and shows they are not true supporters.

True support is giving a coach a go.

If you want to throw your “vote” around then by all means attack the board - have a shot at the prez and CEO.

I’m happy with AB but want Finnis finished due to his poor judgment and timing in 2017 with the Richo extension.
I find your remarks to be complete rubbish.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 11:37am

The only bigger idiot is one that thinks that whining and moaning about the club on an anonymous internet forum then taking what the club gives them anyway, makes them better than the idiot that trusts the club and takes what they give them.
That’s wrong as I can vote with my wallet.

Eg: I don't have to keep renewing my multiple memberships year in, year out so I can choose to walk away from the club at anytime, which I might.

Interesting that you responded but if the shoe fits...

:roll:

BarryGrogan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 2:09pm

Eg: I don't have to keep renewing my multiple memberships year in, year out so I can choose to walk away from the club at anytime, which I might.

But tou won't.

You've been whining and moaning for 2 years - but have still just copped it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 2:13pm
SaintPav wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 2:09pm

But tou won't.

You've been whining and moaning for 2 years - but have still just copped it.
Whatever you say strawman soy boy.

Saintly66
Club Player

I’d much rather Malthouse, Scott can piss off.

SMS
Club Player

I am loving Brett Ratten. He talks with confidence and intelligence and heart. He is someone youd want to play for. He has an amazing CV why wouldnt we keep him? It would be a seemless transition with only better free flowing footy.Today wasnt a fluke. It was the true saints.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I wonder if Bevo has contacted his manager,
to read thru his contract extension very carefully, to find any
cooling off period "because I might want to apply for the vacant Saints job"

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Legendary
Club Player

I am also against Scott's appointment but it's based on comments from North Melbourne fans who couldn't wait to see the back of him.

Their comments are:
- Scott is extremely one-dimensional as a match day coach. Regularly other teams would get on a roll and it would be game-over for Nth.
- His game plan development is poor and he was completely caught out by the 6-6-6 rule this year. It takes him a long time to "catch up" to league trends and he's never ahead of others tactically.
- When Nth played finals under Scott, they were always regarded as "lucky finalists" and never in contention against the better sides. They were belted in all of their finals exits.
- Scott's behaviour was emotional and unpredictable at times and Nth fans got sick of him being the story rather than the club.
- Scott repeatedly failed to attract any big-name players to Nth Melbourne despite years of trying. Apparently he is not very good at selling a vision when you speak with him one-on-one.

(I also hate that he broke Lenny's hand in a complete dog act as a player and think it reflects what a prick he is.)

St Kilda has hundreds of options for senior coach. Only two options will attract serious criticism from fans - Scott and Hird.

Is anyone really of the view that Brad Scott is SO MUCH better than the other hundreds of applicants that he deserves the job despite the criticism from fans? 10 years at Nth would suggest not.

Groovy Guru
Club Player

You might find that Scott will not put his hand up for the vacant position anyway .... he may well end up GC 2021.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 10:39am I am also against Scott's appointment but it's based on comments from North Melbourne fans who couldn't wait to see the back of him.

Their comments are:
- Scott is extremely one-dimensional as a match day coach. Regularly other teams would get on a roll and it would be game-over for Nth.
- His game plan development is poor and he was completely caught out by the 6-6-6 rule this year. It takes him a long time to "catch up" to league trends and he's never ahead of others tactically.
- When Nth played finals under Scott, they were always regarded as "lucky finalists" and never in contention against the better sides. They were belted in all of their finals exits.
- Scott's behaviour was emotional and unpredictable at times and Nth fans got sick of him being the story rather than the club.
- Scott repeatedly failed to attract any big-name players to Nth Melbourne despite years of trying. Apparently he is not very good at selling a vision when you speak with him one-on-one.

(I also hate that he broke Lenny's hand in a complete dog act as a player and think it reflects what a prick he is.)

St Kilda has hundreds of options for senior coach. Only two options will attract serious criticism from fans - Scott and Hird.

Is anyone really of the view that Brad Scott is SO MUCH better than the other hundreds of applicants that he deserves the job despite the criticism from fans? 10 years at Nth would suggest not.
THIS.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Ratts is the best candidate available. It’s only the stigma that AFL has with a failed coach that is why he’s not recognised as that.

I really hope that it’s Ratts job to lose. He’s been at the club all year, if we let him get away, and end up with Scott, we’re dead in the water.

The next coach we sign up may be the last if the club doesn’t get it right.

Ratten is the right and only call.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 12:32pm end up with Scott, we’re dead in the water.

The next coach we sign up may be the last if the club doesn’t get it right.

This.

Special
Club Player

Fair call and feedback Legendary. Better than stingers rants at me.

SMS
Club Player

everyone wants ratten who never made a prelim with Carlton and yet Scott who made two prelims with questionable talent is a dud??
IF our board rates scott as the best and we hire him on what and who he can bring in then lets just back him in.

Laurie
Club Player

I will not renew our membership if Scott is appounted coach .
I believe Finnis and Lethlean will be on the selection panel in interviewing candidates for the position.
With Lethlean close friendship with Scott surely this is not a professional way to go about it.
One can say they have made their decision and Scott will be coach.
.I love the club but this is the last straw stop treating members and supporters as fools.
Bassett should also step in and stop Lethlean from being on the selection panel for our coach next year.
Look at rhe Hannerbury decision what a mistake that was. .Half theseason getting his body right then plays 2 games and out again..
What suckers are we to recruit him .
Oh thank you Mr Lethlean.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Laurie wrote: Thu 25 Jul 2019 11:58pm I will not renew our membership if Scott is appounted coach .
I believe Finnis and Lethlean will be on the selection panel in interviewing candidates for the position.
With Lethlean close friendship with Scott surely this is not a professional way to go about it.
.I love the club but this is the last straw stop treating members and supporters as fools.
Bassett should also step in and stop Lethlean from being on the selection panel for our coach next year.
Look at rhe Hannerbury decision what a mistake that was. .Half theseason getting his body right then plays 2 games and out again..
Agree 100%

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Legendary wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 10:39am Only two options will attract serious criticism from fans - Scott and Hird.
You forgot Shytehouse.

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Laurie wrote: Thu 25 Jul 2019 11:58pm I will not renew our membership if Scott is appounted coach .
I thought they'd already announced that Lethlean isn't going to be involved?

Leo.J
SS Life Member