BRANDON WHITE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: BRANDON WHITE

Sometimes you need to demonstrate that you can take instructions and follow procedure, respect your leaders and management, and don't question their decisions or relentlessly challenge them.

No one ever said he isn't a good footballer

It doesn't matter if you are a good soldier and you can shoot your weapon accurately. It doesn't matter if Brandon can actually play Aussie rules football really well at an elite level...

It's sort of vaguely like what Aaron Hamill used to constantly blurt on about...it's whether he knows where his position is in relation to his leaders... both on and off the field. Or maybe I'm thinking of a pecking order

As a young kid, I don't see it as just his problem. It is a club wide problem of leadership in general if the coaches or other leaders have not been able to manage him the way that both sides benefit

It could be a legacy of the Roo and Lyon leadership styles. It means that Ratts and Roughy have a lot of work to do

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Is Brandon White better than

Geary, Webster, Wilkie, Savage, Clark, Coffield, Paton

Probably not

HB is a position where we have surplus to requirements

ace
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 11:54am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:03am As a side note and in response to above.... I made business donations to the Liberal party and continue to do so with all donations part of public record. Money very well spent 👍
Geez, I always wondered if anyone less than a multi-billionaire assisted the Nazi's in their war against the Australia people...apparently unemployed Saints fans give them money too! :shock: :lol:
I guess if you want to stop Pol Pot's friends here in Australia you have to pay.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
To the top
SS Life Member

I don't know about stopping Pol Pot from invading Australia, but Vietnam was a disaster and particularly for the over 200 Conscripts killed plus those otherwise impacted.

This many years later, for what?

Of more concern is that the Official Cash Rate is now at 0.75% and projected to be further reduced.

Why, again?

What are the economic indicators driving these reductions - and what is the commentary of Lowe?

The 10 Year Bond Yield is under 1%, noting the highest Yield Rate was 16.8% in 1982, so, again, after 6/7 years of Conservative "government"

Raise Pol Pot by all means - but, typically, that is just a deflection

Perhaps we could support our "Bestie" by joining Trump going to War against China, this time conscripting Conservative voters, those whose connections to the Liberal and National Parties saw them not conscripted for Vietnam.

Kilda
Club Player

Why all the vitriol towards D Mac? He’s an accomplished footballer: fearless, good mark, attacking and has the defensive qualities of smothering and tackling. He’s also managed to overcome his concussion battles. As we are aware, his name has recently come up in the media as possible trade bait so he presumably has some currency beyond the Saints.

Re Brandon White, clearly there’s something about his game that the match committee have felt is not up to scratch. I recall his limited games in the seniors and felt he performed quite well but more workman-like than sheer class or brilliance. Maybe other players such as D Mac are considered to be more well-rounded.

Winning the VFL award is certainly a feather in his cap but we all know there can be a leap from being VFL elite to making it in the AFL.

Kilda
Club Player

Why all the vitriol towards D Mac? He’s an accomplished footballer: fearless, good mark, attacking and has the defensive qualities of smothering and tackling. He’s also managed to overcome his concussion battles. As we are aware, his name has recently come up in the media as possible trade bait so he presumably has some currency beyond the Saints.

Re Brandon White, clearly there’s something about his game that the match committee have felt is not up to scratch. I recall his limited games in the seniors and felt he performed quite well but more workman-like than sheer class or brilliance. Maybe other players such as D Mac are considered to be more well-rounded.

Winning the VFL award is certainly a feather in his cap but we all know there can be a leap from being VFL elite to making it in the AFL.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Tue 01 Oct 2019 5:23pm
degruch wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 11:54am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:03am As a side note and in response to above.... I made business donations to the Liberal party and continue to do so with all donations part of public record. Money very well spent 👍
Geez, I always wondered if anyone less than a multi-billionaire assisted the Nazi's in their war against the Australia people...apparently unemployed Saints fans give them money too! :shock: :lol:
I guess if you want to stop Pol Pot's friends here in Australia you have to pay.
I'd rather pay to have backwards right-wing tools shipped out of the country.