Ferguson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

locoplayaz wrote:That's why the our club will never be where it should be, supporters like you 2 who think efforts like that rubbish are acceptable!!!
What about that hit on Voss. Should the player who hit him be reported. If so it was Fiora. Very smart man you are.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

L Fisher and Birss were both sloppy with their disposal.

Ferg was abit likea bunny in the headlights and did most things wrong when the ball was near him.

While yes Le cras did not see much of the ball in the first half he was also not being looked for much by the Eagles mids who were under the pump.

In the second half when the Eagles mids started to get more space...LeCras came into it more as he was able to lead more...and was looked to more.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

22 in the team.... IMHO... Ferg was in the top half tonight...... Le Cras (??) is a quality player of the highest order in the future - Ferg is a player of the future

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

locoplayaz wrote:That's why the our club will never be where it should be, supporters like you 2 who think efforts like that rubbish are acceptable!!!
LAUGHABLE ..... Since when has what the supporters think have anything to do with where the club is now...... LOL LMAO HAHAHAHHAHAHHA

constructive criticism
You might want to go and look that up... clearly you don't understand.
Your school yard name calling only makes you look stupid.

The bully may work at school but it does not work when you are dealing with adults...

Please stop your comments, my stomach is hurting soo much from all the laughing.. really its becoming quiet painful.... ouch !!

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
locoplayaz
Club Player

He's some constructive criticism..

Matt Ferguson is a wimp, fairy, pussy, weakling. Been on the list for 5 years..

Whats he done JACK s***!! Falls over like a donkey when it counts

Grow some balls and learn how to TACKLE mate.

GOODBYE M.Ferguson!!!!!!!!!

kalsaint
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
meher baba wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Birss tried hard but he's hopelessly one paced, too easily brushed off the ball and coughs it up far too much with his indecision and poor execution.

I don't know if those are attributes you'd find in any West Coast midfielder.

Remember, they won a premiership last year on the strength of their midfield. It's how games of footy are won or lost these days, which is why you can't have anyone in there who's not a good or very good midfielder.
You are far too harsh on Birss and also on Leigh Fisher, who had a terrific game and only looked a bit out of his depth a few times when he was playing almost as a forward for some reason.
A terrific game?

He made some vital, vital errors and simply didn't chase hard enough in open space. He doesn't do enough gut-running; a problem when you haven't got speed to begin with.
Yep,
I am under belief that L. Fisher is clearly a winner in some peoples eyes. I dont want to hear about the lack of oportunity because of injury etc as I am sick of injuries occuring in key games at this club. Fisher has coughed up the ball many times is not a a gut runner and does not contibute to what I called dangerous moves for the opposition. Very average IMO.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I thought Fergusons defensive work was very very good tonight ... some very strong tackles on 2nd and 3rd efforts ... some strong contests ... but lacked an understanding on how to work in with the team on the offensive .. which is understandable .... more than worthy of a place on the list

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Tonight (well, last night i guess!) was Leigh Fisher's best game in the last 6 or 7. Actually got himself into some attacking positions.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

He took a ripper mark though!

Nee!
kalsaint
Club Player

Otiman wrote:Tonight (well, last night i guess!) was Leigh Fisher's best game in the last 6 or 7. Actually got himself into some attacking positions.
Wherer exactly did he hurt the opposition? Did he stop a dangerous player?

Did he create many direct forward plays?

Did he directly stop opposition goals?

I just dont see it. Mind you he is not alone. We seem to accrue passengers at times when we need to be getting out and push starting the engine.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Shocking, shocking game. Looks completely out of his depth at this level.

He needs game time so he can learn how to play at this level, but he just seems so out of water when not playing for Casey.

Looked directionless and clueless.
I have just logged on so I'll start with you...

You were obviously not at the game and if you were you have not got a dead set clue...

I this goes with other comments made against Fergs...

DON'T COMMENT on the crap that network 7 provide FFS

Fergs kept LaCras to one kick in the first half and passed on to a player who kicked a goal...

Some time in the second half, Fergs was moved onto Wirapunda (who was a danger and had kicked a couple of goals) and kept him quiet, he was then moved back onto LaCras and scored a "lucky goal" with that crap advantage that Dal took (hardly Fergs fault)

AGAIN, YOU HAVE NO CLUE AT ALL...

Farken "needs time to play at this level" proves it

Watch a game live or don't bother commenting IMO

:roll: :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ferg will be reatined for the Tigers game....he will need to improve though.

The weagles game wasa huge pressure game though....so it will be interesting to see what he is like against the Tigers.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Ferg was abit likea bunny in the headlights and did most things wrong when the ball was near him.

While yes Le cras did not see much of the ball in the first half he was also not being looked for much by the Eagles mids who were under the pump.

In the second half when the Eagles mids started to get more space...LeCras came into it more as he was able to lead more...and was looked to more.
Fergs killed LeCras in the first half and on a few occasions he spoiled in the marking contest

Your comment that "He did most things wrong when the ball was near him" puzzles me.....

He gave off at least one goal and his spoiling was great....

He laid off some good tackles

He kept LaCras kickless in the first quarter whilst gathering about 3 possessions himself.......

He was later moved on to Wirapunda for a spell and then moved back onto La Cras....

Yep, he had two goals kicked against him... 2 goals out of 16...

One of which was a crap umpires decision to call for advantage and a goal was scored...

"He did most things wrong"???

Give me a break :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
my les foote
Club Player

locoplayaz wrote:He's some constructive criticism..

You are a dead set drop kick.

We are down by two points with five seconds to go and the Eagles streaming into the forward line. And Ferguson was supposed to do what?

Lay a tackle, get a free kick and kick a 150m goal after the siren.

Yeah, it's his fault we lost the game.

Why don't you go back to misreporting overheard conversations.

I wish we could delist posters. We wouldn't redraft you

Win it for HIM!
AlpineStars
Club Player

We all wanted him to do well and I don't think he was disgraced a couple of errors, We havn't played him for two years and then we expect him to do miricles against one of the best sides in the comp. He should get another chance against the Tigers.

Wake me up when September ends.
Apu
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:He smashed Lecras.

Lecras kicked one goal from a free.

One snap and the last goal of the game open square 50 etc.

You've got to be kidding he was terrible?
I think la Cras 3 goals made Ferg look worse than he really was. 3 goals from just 5 possesions is very lucky.

SS Life Member

Apu wrote:
Sam23 wrote:He smashed Lecras.

Lecras kicked one goal from a free.

One snap and the last goal of the game open square 50 etc.

You've got to be kidding he was terrible?
I think la Cras 3 goals made Ferg look worse than he really was. 3 goals from just 5 possesions is very lucky.
Yeah it is, but unfortunatly 3 goals is 3 goals luck or not. I would worry about Ferg, he isn't that vital to our team. I've seen players make awsome debuts or big impressions in their first handfull of games and do nothing. Then there are the likes of Raph n Gilbo who looked shocking in their first games but are good AFL players.

Carpe Diem
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Thats a bulls*** post from someone that has obviously not played the game....

Ferguson was extremely good tonight in the conditions he was forced into. It was was practically his first game. Against good opposition and under a midfield that provided so much delivery out of the centre. He was also forced to play very DEEP.

Well Done Ferg.

M Maguire is a player you should be filthy on. How long does it take him to realise he needs to play IN FRONT.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Caught up with Russell Holmesby yet loco?

Still doing some of your finest work I see.........

Bravo!

:roll:

Fair dinkum you wouldn't know constructive criticism if it jumped up and hit you in the face.

So we'll all expect to see you at the first training session this week telling Matthew Ferguson what you think of him......

Nup, thought not. What a big keyboard warrior you are. Sit there behind the keyboard sprouting rubbish as per normal.

Once again, some fine work from yourself.....

That's about as constructive with my criticism as I can get with you

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

You are an Idiot locoplayaz :evil:

Watch the game 1st and then comment on it :roll:

Duggie
Club Player

MF would not be the first to be bagged (on what virtually was) a debut. It was a red hot scenario for him. Maybe he will rise above it and give the value that some of you have seen at Casey but for me he was a passenger last night. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
RooandKosi
Club Player

I think this another case which i like to call the troy schwarze problem.

Ferguson has a great mark, great football brain but as people have pointed out not the toughest man goin round so WHY PUT HIM IN THE BACKLINE??? Half forward player imo. would do wonders there. possibly.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

RooandKosi wrote:I think this another case which i like to call the troy schwarze problem.

Ferguson has a great mark, great football brain but as people have pointed out not the toughest man goin round so WHY PUT HIM IN THE BACKLINE??? Half forward player imo. would do wonders there. possibly.

Dont even compare him to Troy Schwarze.....

locoplayaz
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Thats a bulls*** post from someone that has obviously not played the game....

Ferguson was extremely good tonight in the conditions he was forced into. It was was practically his first game. Against good opposition and under a midfield that provided so much delivery out of the centre. He was also forced to play very DEEP.

Well Done Ferg.

M Maguire is a player you should be filthy on. How long does it take him to realise he needs to play IN FRONT.
Practically his first game??? What drugs are you on??

He has been on the list for 5 YEARS!!

Havn't played the game LMAO I've played my whole life you troll..

Watch the game?? I was at the game you donkey

Eagles guy running into OPEN GOAL and Ferguson FALLS OVER.. IN FRONT OF HIM FFS!!!

Obviously NONE of you have played a game of AFL in your life and your confused with another game called soccer where people fall over for no reason.

I hope you are all there first training session next week to personally congratulate Ferguson as a truly magnificent effort in stopping that goal. On second thought why don't you nominate that heroic effort for the AFL Army Award..

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

made a few vital spoils

thought he played OK last night