Photo on Age website of Bakes signs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
saint66au wrote:"a handful of St KIlda supporters"
Well most would say we are 'a handful' :lol:
Especially YOU baddies who put the sign up on the pillar in Livewire :roll: :wink: !!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:So Spinner, you reckon showing our angst was wrong cos it wasnt the game at hand??
Well..maybe we were dirty that for the second year running, a dodgy treibunal decision has cost us our premier tagger against the comp's premier midfield

Reckon that if we'd had Bakes to swing onto Cousins after 1/2 time it might have made a difference??

Protesting about Bakes was about last nights game as well as the unjust AFL system
NO.

Last nights game was about ensuring the ST KILDA football club a spot in the finals.

Solely and Nothing else.

Thats the exact attitude Im talking about. Yes im dirty about Bakes and the AFL...but that was mid week. Once that ball was bounced, the Baker incident should have been the furtherest thing in everyone mind.

SirDog
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Thats the exact attitude Im talking about. Yes im dirty about Bakes and the AFL...but that was mid week. Once that ball was bounced, the Baker incident should have been the furtherest thing in everyone mind.
The Thought Police (thinkpol in Newspeak) are the secret police of Oceania in George Orwell's dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four. It is the job of the Thought Police to uncover and punish thoughtcrime and thought criminals, using psychology and omnipresent surveillance from telescreens to find and eliminate members of society who were capable of the mere thought of challenging ruling authority. The government attempts to control not only the speech and actions, but also the thoughts of its subjects, labeling unapproved thoughts with the term thoughtcrime, or, in Newspeak, crimethink. :D

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Now crawl into MY hole? Its comments like that, that destroy thequality of focused FOOTBALL discussion on this forum.
Focused?? Focused on what? Blaming everyone and anything for the loss last night?? I'll apologise for the 'hole' comment, but I think if supporters want to show a bit of colour about what had happened during the week (and not let it go so easily) then I think it's commendable! What right do you have coming in on your high horse and saying anything to the contrary? A disgrace?? I'd call it being passionate!

Anyway, I've always been pro-active and will remain that way! Personally I hope we do it all over again this week!

ps: The crowd, if you were there, was one of the loudest most vocal St.Kilda crowds I have seen in a very long time!
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
its about time some supporters hardened the fcuk up

:lol: :lol: :lol: Some of us don't like being shafted!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Now crawl into MY hole? Its comments like that, that destroy thequality of focused FOOTBALL discussion on this forum.
Focused?? Focused on what? Blaming everyone and anything for the loss last night?? I'll apologise for the 'hole' comment, but I think if supporters want to show a bit of colour about what had happened during the week (and not let it go so easily) then I think it's commendable! What right do you have coming in on your high horse and saying anything to the contrary? A disgrace?? I'd call it being passionate!

Anyway, I've always been pro-active and will remain that way! Personally I hope we do it all over again this week!

ps: The crowd, if you were there, was one of the loudest most vocal St.Kilda crowds I have seen in a very long time!
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
its about time some supporters hardened the fcuk up

:lol: :lol: :lol: Some of us don't like being shafted!

Good luck to you.....Hopefully you dont waste your summer crying about it....So you can hold your banner this week....BUT let me give it to you straight. The AFL will still be laughing at you because you probably wont get the chance to hold it up in September.

And im not blaming anyone for the loss. How did you come up with that?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

poor photo but gives you the idea of what the banner held in Cheersquad looked like- it read- TRIBUNAL WRONG OVER BAKER

and the smaller ones seen around the ground- NOT shown on tv unless they couldn't move the camera's soon enough

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

i just went through a bit of the last quarter on the replay...took a few screen shots of my banner

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

lol, thats awesome Bot!
how did you make yours?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:lol, thats awesome Bot!
how did you make yours?
got mum to find me a large piece of fabric...i think it was an old curtain

then i got some mates to come around to paint Free Baker on it, because im sh!thouse at painting

then i gotta hair drier...dried the paint and went to the game :wink:

anyone know if i could email telstra dome to see if i can get the banner back from the security?
Last edited by SaintBot on Sun 26 Aug 2007 11:38am, edited 1 time in total.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:lol, thats awesome Bot!
how did you make yours?
got mum to find me a large piece of fabric...i think it was an old curtain

than i got some mates to come around to paint Free Baker on it, because im sh!thouse at painting

then i gotta hair drier...dried the paint and went to the game :wink:

anyone know if i could email telstra dome to see if i can get the banner back from the security?
hahahahahhahhahah, yeah, i would!
its yours! sif they can throw it out! but they probably would if you dont contact them with in 1 week or something like that!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Spinner"]

*edited*

You know, I posted something particularly fierce in response to this, but I figure it's not worth the effort. You are entitled to your opinion Spinner. But one thing I will say is it annoys me to no end people who criticize those who are proactive in their stance on matters, it's all very well shrugging your shoulders and sighing about it, but to openly have a shot at those making their feeling felt is quite sad. As a supporter of a club passion plays a great deal, and if you can't be passionate you might as well give it away - especially if you're a success starved Saints supporter! Let's give it a rest, I hope you'll cry no more over the whole thing, it's done, and yes, perhaps our season with it! I don't cry over a whole heap, but it'd take a brave man to stand in front of me and tell me to anything different than what I do, and that's a fact!

Cheers!
Last edited by St. Luke on Sun 26 Aug 2007 2:36am, edited 1 time in total.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
Spinner wrote:

The same way you decided it was a disgrace, which was your opinion and of no importance! I don't cry about much but if someone gets in my face you'll want to be a brave man to keep it up! What did you do about the whole Baker thing? Shrug your shoulders?? pfffffffft!

I just love these inhouse sqwabbling morons! :evil: People are being proactive with good intentions and all you lazy bastards can do is whinge about it! The same goes with those who criticize the cheer squad! I'm not wasting my breath on you any further Spinner! I hope you choke on your piss-poor attitude!

Yep....Those banners sure did show the AFL.

Nice work.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Too bad you read the previous, but that's life!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Too bad you read the previous, but that's life!

Thats a bit better dude....Im not having pot shot at anyone. AND Im not doubting the effort of those supporters that created these banners personally. Im just saying that it dosnt convey the RIGHT image.

Surely with the loss it puts it more into perspective. The ONLY way to stick it up the AFL Friday night was to win.

RESPECT for arguing your stand to the end. As for the other post...lol....it was meant to be....i just got home....and must have logged on during the initial posting time and the edit....but hey, TIMING is everything in life.

Cheers.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
Spinner wrote:

The same way you decided it was a disgrace, which was your opinion and of no importance! I don't cry about much but if someone gets in my face you'll want to be a brave man to keep it up! What did you do about the whole Baker thing? Shrug your shoulders?? pfffffffft!

I just love these inhouse sqwabbling morons! :evil: People are being proactive with good intentions and all you lazy bastards can do is whinge about it! The same goes with those who criticize the cheer squad! I'm not wasting my breath on you any further Spinner! I hope you choke on your piss-poor attitude!

Yep....Those banners sure did show the AFL.

Nice work.

Geez mate have a grip....

Here's a question for you...

I gather you were at the match???

if so why post this?????
Spinner wrote:Im not debating supporter intentions....im debating the action that are shown across the nation.

It just dosnt look good in my opinion to be "shown" worrying about Baker instead of the "game" at hand.

As I said...Its about exercising energies in the right form that send positive vibes.
So...........

was your "positive vibes" at the game????

Or were they at Bonnie Doon :roll: :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
loving_the_dal
Club Player

ben_fff wrote:I thought the banners were good and I think the crowd was the most vocal that I've heard at a St Kilda game for a long time and we were sitting near the WC cheer squad, it was just a atmosphere you'd hope for more from a St Kilda crowd.
do agree..
the banners were awesome..
they were on tv alot. :D :P
was very good.
:D

gO.SainTs
Club Player

http://www.sainters.net/publicgal2/main ... alNumber=2

Pretty sure it was held up at half time. I was sitting a few rows behind the CS.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Interesting thread resurrection, I wonder if we can organise a campaign to review his suspension during our NAB cup games.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I just noticed that "really ugly" guy unrolling a poster near the top of the pic. That is enough to scare the children

http://realfooty.com.au/ftimages/2007/0 ... 25532.html :oops: :roll: :wink: !!

The Peanut
Club Player

Eastern wrote:I just noticed that "really ugly" guy unrolling a poster near the top of the pic. That is enough to scare the children

http://realfooty.com.au/ftimages/2007/0 ... 25532.html :oops: :roll: :wink: !!
... :D