Big Drug Story Coming Out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
St Chris wrote:True or not, I hope that Andrew has a real good lawyer!!!!!

Yes he may well need one as Demetriou has said this morning that the internet rumours are categorically not true......

Blaming it on internet rumours......

It was on Fox sports last night.
I'm tipping Fox probably didn't name names though (and photos, and flashing headlines etc..)

But I didn't see it, so let me know if they did....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well sorry to disappoint those baying for blood...

But evidently it is just a rumour.....someone emailed someone at an AFL email address who was silly enough to forward it on to someone else that forwarded it on.....and because later some moron noticed that one of the previous FWD addresses included one with an AFL address they took it to have standing.....rather than just being a forward from someone.

Demetriou has been on the radio again as well since this morning and in addition has now even more strongly stated that the rumour is rubbish.

He reaffirmed that if any player had 3 strikes that they would be named and would be up before the tribunal.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 21 Sep 2007 5:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Well sorry to disappoint those baying for blood...

But evidently it is just a rumour.....someone emailed someone at an AFL email address who was silly enough to forward it on to someone else that forwarded it on.....and because later some moron noticed that one of the previous FWD addresses included one with an AFL address they took it to have standing.....rather than just being a forward from someone.

Demetriou has been on the radio again as well in addition even more strongly stating that the rumour is rubbish.

He reaffirmed that if any player had 3 strikes that they would be named and would be up before the tribunal.
Furthermore, apparently the AFL is investigating ad to who, at teh AFL, forwarded this email along.
Talk of sacking the employee.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

please please sue andy landy

lets see his daddy get him out of this one!!!!!!!

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Rayza

Dan Warna wrote:IMO i concur with you wiz, but the AFL has protected teh WCE cheats as well as the 'reported' cheats from whatever melbourne club that this has occurred as well as the leak earlier this year.

this is just another example of the whole thing being swept under the carpet.

the AFL head in the sand policy is a complete joke, and not unlike that of the international cycling only a few years ago when everyone know tour de france riders were taking everything but denial and protection swept it under the carpet.

by tackling the problem head on, and instantly disqualifying riders, some semblance of sanity has returned.
i think the AFL must wield the big stick sooner rather than later because constant injunctions to prevent what are some of the worst kept secrets is a joke.

the email communications around staff from news papers into the general community would indicate a fair few people are named and whats worse innocent people are being rumoured as well.

come out, condemn the cheats, disqualify them, be they a stupid rookie or a 10 veteran with awards and tackle it head on.

As a saints supporter I would want the outcome of a game we lost OVERTURNED if a player was under the influence of drugs, further If a saints player was cheating, I would want that player censured immediately.

this is a blight on our game, where some players may be not doing the right thing by the 99% of footballers who are doing the right thing, and bringing the whole game into disrepute.

BUCK OF DIMWIT AND FIX OUR BLOODY GAME.

with a 7 year old son, they DO play football, they do copy footballers and they do listen and repeat what footballers say.
Be careful of what you wish for Dan.
The AFL has a policy which is stronger than most other sports, despite what vote seeking polies might say.
It also has the advantage of having the Players Association support and a program to give players support and councelling.
The big stick approach may have the opposite effect you hope for and drive the problem underground.

DNA National Dyslexic Association
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

and the problem isn't underground now?

as for stronger than other sports, thats just AFL Bollux.

i think a regime similar to international athletics, swimming and cycling is appropriate.

they are paid as athletes, treat them as athletes.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!