Squad for Friday v. Essendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ferg is still injured as is Jimmy. Bally will not play and you would think that Vr will not either. Also wouldnt be surprided if either Joey or Dal are rested.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

why name ball then?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

bally will play,

they wouldnt have named him other wise & he is pretty fit

im thinking they wont rest either of Joey or Dal

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

semi finals win = serious money for making the finals.

st kilda are not in the red, but the $$ can't hurt and the follow on from membership bandwaggoners and sponsors doesn't hurt either.

and frankly hawthorn are crap.

imo im still hurting we lost to those pathetic jokes early in the season 07, very pleased we turned it around in the rematch.

I can't see why even understrength we don't smash them as long as we play to our strengths.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:how will the forward set up work without kosi and fraser?

i'd suggest roo at ff, allen playing kosi's role
??? Kosi's roll IS ff.

What do you mean? Allen and Roo both playing from the square at full forward?

I think we'll see Roo close to goal, allen 35m out, and Charlie keep doing what he has been doing

Carpe Diem
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

roo is a great of football already and can play anyway, CHB, FF, CHF, wing, Ruck rover (i can't remember him playing FB)

kosi i think is less mobile but no less talented. Kosi at FF, allows reiwoldt to destroy the fittest defenders with his enormous petrol tank, allowing kosi room to dominate at FF.

i think reiwoldt to kosi will be or should be as big as loewe to lockett, and roo will chip in for a few goals himself as he did with FG running around the square.

i would suspect if reiwoldt ever went on the open market he would command as much as an anyone.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:why name ball then?
They have to name him even if he is only a slight chance of playing because we didnt train till after the squad was named. I have big doubts about him.

RoseInOz
Club Player

Quote from Essondon site:
"Frustratingly for Bomber fans, there remains some notable absentees from the list of inclusions.

“There’s still [Dustin] Fletcher, [Matthew] Lloyd, [Adam] McPhee, [Jason] Winderlich and [Andrew] Lovett that won’t be playing,â€

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i couldn't help but let out a little laugh at terry wallet when he said words along the lines of coughlan out injured was the difference.

really a few fans were dissapointed when st kilda didn't make a play for this idiot, but after being a bit of fan of what he achieved, all I can say, was thats a bullet dodged.

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:
bigcarl wrote:how will the forward set up work without kosi and fraser?

i'd suggest roo at ff, allen playing kosi's role
??? Kosi's roll IS ff.

What do you mean? Allen and Roo both playing from the square at full forward?

I think we'll see Roo close to goal, allen 35m out, and Charlie keep doing what he has been doing
as i understand it fraser will be full-forward this season with riewoldt at chf. kosi will be playing in between them in the same sort of role that jonathan brown fills for brisbane.

that's what plugger66 told me, anyway, and he is seldomn wrong about these types of things.

so i reckon roo at ff, allen playing kosi's role and charlie playing roo's role

it is a bit hard for some to get their heads around but, if the injury gods smile on us, this season we will have THREE key forwards ... a good move i think.

we have the talent to absolutely dominate aerially and make it very difficult for opposition defences to hold us to a losing score given even half decent supply

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

so is riewoldt playing friday?

saintjake
Club Player

PLEASE SOMEONE.

WHATS WRONG WITH GWILT.
HE MUST BE INJURED
EVERYONE GETS A GAME IN THE NAB CUP SURELY.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

err, whats guilt donr since the 05 final V adelaide? We have much better options now. Last I saw him he was slow and decision making especially slow and poor. Wouldnt mind seeing him given another chance though.

rexy
SS Life Member

Cant see us playing 4 rucks so you would imagine one of the 4 will miss there. I would say Rix is the automatic selection as he can play back and has no injury history to speak of. Dont think Roo will be played (hope im wrong though). Only 3 of Lenny Ball Dal and Joey to get a gig IMO. Dont think Mini will be selected.

Maybe this year?
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

well, with no Riewoldt, Kosi or Gehrig, i think this is the perfect opportunity for Brooks to show us what he can do at full forward after all these years

oh wait......

;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:well, with no Riewoldt, Kosi or Gehrig, i think this is the perfect opportunity for Brooks to show us what he can do at full forward after all these years

oh wait......

;)
oh lord no. were screwed! Blake , while impressive the last couple of weeks, aint going to work up foward like that.

Huzzad
Club Player

Looking real forward to seeing the Schneiderman in action for us!

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Scoop
Club Player

saintly wrote:does anyone know why isn't luke miles in the team?
Miles is carrying an injury at the moment saintly.

Also injured, apart from those that everyone knows about ....Gwilt, Ferguson and McEvoy.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
my les foote
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:semi finals win = serious money for making the finals.

st kilda are not in the red, but the $$ can't hurt and the follow on from membership bandwaggoners and sponsors doesn't hurt either.

imo im still hurting we lost to those pathetic jokes early in the season 07, very pleased we turned it around in the rematch.

I can't see why even understrength we don't smash them as long as we play to our strengths.
You do realise we are playing Essendon.

Win it for HIM!
Huzzad
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:semi finals win = serious money for making the finals.

Yep, and if we win the Grand Final as well, that's a cool $1 Million added to the saints bank account. Very handy that. So let's go for both NAB cup and the GF I say!

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:i couldn't help but let out a little laugh at terry wallet when he said words along the lines of coughlan out injured was the difference.

really a few fans were dissapointed when st kilda didn't make a play for this idiot, but after being a bit of fan of what he achieved, all I can say, was thats a bullet dodged.
and we all wanted Eade to take over stkilda at the time, what has he done so far?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yeah sorry I thought we were up against the dawks this week when i made that post, my bad there.

essendung are a terribad side but for some reason they keep being more than competitive against us.

i think on paper who should cream them, its whether we do on the field that matters.

across every line we look stronger and more talented, but the difference between paper form and on field form is what matters.

SHUT UP KRIME!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote:essendung are a terribad side but for some reason they keep being more than competitive against us.
I reckon that's a huge mindset we need to get over. Sheedy always had the wood on us and I reckon he always instilled the "no matter how the season goes you can always knock off the Saints" mentality on that playing group.

We've always been their whipping boys.

If we can start getting a few big wins over them, then hopefully that will erase the mindset of Essendon.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:essendung are a terribad side but for some reason they keep being more than competitive against us.
I reckon that's a huge mindset we need to get over. Sheedy always had the wood on us and I reckon he always instilled the "no matter how the season goes you can always knock off the Saints" mentality on that playing group.

We've always been their whipping boys.

If we can start getting a few big wins over them, then hopefully that will erase the mindset of Essendon.
yeah we have bent them over a few times, but we are that much better than them IMO we should bury them like we have carlton.

last season carlton fell over to us because we have had them psyched for the better part of a decade.

we also lift to play brisbane and often we see our best footy against them.

IMO we can't always play at our best because we aren't machines we are human (heck I remember the royboys tearing the hawks apart in their pomp in the 80s) but we are certainly good enough to bury essendung.

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

anyone know why luke miles was not picked?