Are we tanking now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

We have officially thrown the towel in

Agree one less player for the purple craze to tag ! Make it all the harder for poor Lenny & Luke. - unless Freo choose to tag Geary or Dempster, perhaps even McQualter :shock:

We will get hammered - Carr & the Soloman will bully the kids - they won't know who to belt first.
Dal wasn't going great but lots going worse. Reward mediocrity. :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I truly hope not. Such a promising start to the season......why us??? Consistently us!
promising start to the season? the round 3 game where we got murdered by the dogs?

oh u mean the pre-season thing? mmm. i think noone wants to win that. its the booby prize.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
St. Luke wrote:I truly hope not. Such a promising start to the season......why us??? Consistently us!
promising start to the season? the round 3 game where we got murdered by the dogs?

oh u mean the pre-season thing? mmm. i think noone wants to win that. its the booby prize.
Yes, sadly that was what I was referring to :(

Admittedly, and in hindsite I now realize I was stupid to get excited over our pre-season cup campaign. Maybe we should just play our youth in the pre-season game from here on in to give them some time in front of an AFL crowd. I will never again get excited about the pre-season comp! Everyone warned me it was a “nothingâ€

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

why the f****** hell on earth would we tank now.....
wont the bottom 4 teams be doing that anyway?....and if we do it, do u people think that we might be able to slide lower than them or something?
what we get points taken AWAY for losing games do we?

how the hell do u propose we finish lower than them?

reality is we are stuck in the same place we were a few years ago middle of the road..we'll get f*** all in the draft, and then be in the same middle of the road position for the next 3 years.......

brilliant.......just what im used to, least i wont be disappointed.
if RL master coach decides to start tanking now it shows that he well and truely has absolutely no idea.....

and say we do manage to somehow amazingly get ourselves low enough for a decent pick i wouldnt trust anyone to get us someone decent.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

When were we stuck in the middle of the road. Unless you actually mean a road because I cannot remember it on an AFL ladder.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

are u an a n idiot or just pretend well plugger....?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:are u an a n idiot or just pretend well plugger....?
Well when were we.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:When were we stuck in the middle of the road.
The last time you got stuck in the middle of the road tugger, was most probably yesterday when you saw two jaywalkers simultaneously crossing from opposites sides and you couldn't decide on who'd you accost first.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i swear to god i reckon u 2 are the same person......

ok, so...the coaching people/staff/RL/whoever, what are they actually thinking?

1. we are not bringing home the cup this year, lets play the kids get some game time into them, and we'll see where the cards lay at the end of the season.
2.we are not bringing home the cup this year, lets play the kids get some game time into them, and we'll make sure we lose enough to get us as low as possible to get better picks after all its prob not going to be looking good after the 2009 draft for choice for a few years.

3. RL has been reading the forum and said, righto all u friggin experts...u want to see kids? u want to see changes?....here ya bloody go?

4. The club firmly believes that it CAN win the flag and that if everyone sticks to the plan and the team rules then we have the ability to lift the cup in september and we need to find the players to help us do that, so we are giving the youngsters a go because really how would we know WHO can help us achieve this if we dont see everyone having a red hot dip at the highest level?

5. RL and the staff he takes advice from have no idea

6.Who the f*** knows what is happening and have just now decided to go with the flow and see where the friggin bus stops on the journey

:?: :?
who the F*** knows...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:why the f****** hell on earth would we tank now.....
wont the bottom 4 teams be doing that anyway?....and if we do it, do u people think that we might be able to slide lower than them or something?
what we get points taken AWAY for losing games do we?

how the hell do u propose we finish lower than them?

reality is we are stuck in the same place we were a few years ago middle of the road..we'll get f*** all in the draft, and then be in the same middle of the road position for the next 3 years.......

brilliant.......just what im used to, least i wont be disappointed.
if RL master coach decides to start tanking now it shows that he well and truely has absolutely no idea.....

and say we do manage to somehow amazingly get ourselves low enough for a decent pick i wouldnt trust anyone to get us someone decent.....
not that hard really
the bottom four contenders are melb , WC , Freo, Richmond and Essendon .... westcoast have already come under scrutiny over their apparent tanking and will have to answer the critics soon so expect them to save face and try and win afew befor the season is out . Freo if they mannage to beat us will start thinking of 10 game winning streaks to get them into the finals . the tigs will not want a bottom 4 finnish no matter how good the picks are as it would spell the end for Wallace so realistically we have melb who wont win again finnishing bottom and if we dont win again we could easily finish second last . the dees would pick Natanui and we could take the speedy hard at it classy midfeilder Rich with pick 2

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/