IF we don't make the Granny this year....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

Moccha wrote:
saintdooley wrote:all this stuff about winning 12 in a row no team has miss out etc.. its all rubbish
the only win that gets you into the GF is the preliminary final win. its anyones game! bulldogs, carlton, lions, hawks, essendon....they are all a chance!
It's a statistical fact not rubbish. Think about it

I'm with Moccha here, it is a fact, your opinion Dools is just logical .... To an extent.
IMO the 2 best teams in the league make it to the GF and so far us and Geelong are the best teams, so so far so good :D

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:It's not wise to go there. It's better to make missing the GF (or not winning it) not an option. We just need to commit to winning it and then find the best way to do so. That's how you get things done.
In golf, "hackers" focus on the lake/trouble and inveriably hit it in there, whereas the "pros" focus on the green and inveriably hit it. There's something to be learned from that.
yeah. that hackers play one round a month, and pros play four rounds a day.
So what are you saying, you have a better chance of hitting what you're aiming at/achieving your goals, if you're not focusing on them? Are you kidding me? The pro's may play more, but I guarantee if the "hackers" focused more on what they actually wanted to hit (like better players do), they'd hit it far more often, no matter how little they played.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Moccha wrote:We'll be the first team in history to have won the first 12 and then miss out on the GF
That stat (every team that's won their first 12 games has made the GF) doesn't really mean much, since it's only been done about 5 times before. It's not like it's been done 25 times and every team has made it.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

if we dont:
ill renew my membership and start the roller coaster ride again next year.
if we do:
ill be there, and regardless of the result ill prob be crying

Moods
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
Moods wrote:
saintdooley wrote:all this stuff about winning 12 in a row no team has miss out etc.. its all rubbish
the only win that gets you into the GF is the preliminary final win. its anyones game! bulldogs, carlton, lions, hawks, essendon....they are all a chance!
Agree completely. How many teams have won their first 10 games and missed out on a GF? As far as I know the answer is one.
I think it's about 4.
I'm too lazy to look it up. Which teams (apart from the saints in 04) won their 1st 10 games and then missed out on a GF?? I've been watching footy for a good 30 odd years and can't recall it ever happening in my time (apart from once :( )

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:if we dont:
ill renew my membership and start the roller coaster ride again next year.
if we do:
ill be there, and regardless of the result ill prob be crying
ditto

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

esaint66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
It's a statistical fact not rubbish. Think about it

I'm with Moccha here, it is a fact, your opinion Dools is just logical .... To an extent.
IMO the 2 best teams in the league make it to the GF and so far us and Geelong are the best teams, so so far so good :D
i know, its a fact
but how many times have teams won 12 of their first 12 games?
facts mean nothing. just because every club who has won 12/12 games has made it to the last day in September, it doesnt mean we are! if there is any club who will be the first to keep that fact going its us!
i dont want facts, i dont want stats, i dont want stories i want premierships!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

why are some hanging onto a stat like 12 wins = GF appearance?

here's a stat - st kilda have never won a GF in the AFL - never, ever, ever...

(hoping that stat will be laid to rest).

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "