kosi looked a broken man during the team song

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
rexy wrote: Does anyone honestly think that Stanley is more likely to have a break out game this week than Kosi is to break out of his slumber and impose himself on a game?
yes

Great to see stanley out there but Kosi is the guy who is most likely to come good in Roos absence.
well when? Roo is back soon! hes had 7 bloody weeks to step up, sure is taking his time.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
rexy
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
rexy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
rexy wrote: Does anyone honestly think that Stanley is more likely to have a break out game this week than Kosi is to break out of his slumber and impose himself on a game?
yes

Great to see stanley out there but Kosi is the guy who is most likely to come good in Roos absence.
well when? Roo is back soon! hes had 7 bloody weeks to step up, sure is taking his time.
Your spot on mate, he is taking his time.

Nobody of note to take his place though, still drawing 2 defenders to the contest a lot of the time, no team or coach would be silly or brave enough to leave him one out in the square. Same cant be said for Stanley Lynch or Walsh. We would all like him to do more and do it better, we need to persevere though. If Stanleys still matching his output when Roo gets back then he could be in trouble, but not before IMO.

I could be wrong though, only my opinion.

Maybe this year?
jk23
Club Player

Don't forget he his playing his 150th game this Friday, I will be cheering him on !!!!!!!

rexy
SS Life Member

jk23 wrote:Don't forget he his playing his 150th game this Friday, I will be cheering him on !!!!!!!
Me too, I hope. :?:

Maybe this year?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Fortius quo fidelius

Kosi will be fine, getting to the right spots, making the right contests, putting defensive pressure on in the zone, going into the ruck and competing strongly when asked and floating back to sure up defence at the end of quarters.

Clunking a few and kicking well in the same week is only around the corner IMO.

Kosi 9 posessions 1 mark
Stanley 8 posessions 1 mark
Justin Koschitzke 149 games;
Rhys Stanley 2 games.

Stanley also had a contested mark, kicked a goal, and had two score assists. I'd play Stanley ahead of Kosi any day on those stats.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
luckysaint
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:Is Kosi carrying an injury?
Yes. Would not be playing if Roo was OK.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Eddy might get dropped for Lynch which I think would improve forward structure even more.
lynch just played his second reserves games for the year. in the past eight weeks he's only gotten on the park twice. he missed two of the four pre-season games with injury. and on the weekend for sandy he had about ten touches.

there's no chance of him getting a game for st kilda right now.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
saintbrat wrote:I just watched and the small amount of song I saw he looked fine- tired but singing with gusto?
at the final siren he was on the wing and leant straight forward, hands onto knees and stood motionless. we laughed because about five players on the wing from both sides did exactly the same thing, but kosi held it for longest, maybe forty-five seconds.

it suggested to me that he was running hard and was absolutely rooted. maybe that carried through to the song.
Yes, that happened right it front of us, I have never seen that after a after a win. Really wierd, but shows how buggered they were.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
rexy
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
rexy wrote:Eddy might get dropped for Lynch which I think would improve forward structure even more.
lynch just played his second reserves games for the year. in the past eight weeks he's only gotten on the park twice. he missed two of the four pre-season games with injury. and on the weekend for sandy he had about ten touches.

there's no chance of him getting a game for st kilda right now.
Depends what his fitness levels are like, has only played 2 games but has been running for some time, looks composed and uses the ball very well, has a beautiful kicking action. Also seems to time his leap very well and meet the ball at its highest point.

You might be right, I didnt watch all of the Sandy game but what I have seen of him i would say he is a senior player in the making, eddy was quiet and I beleive we need a marking type, doesnt need to be a tall but a marking type on the HFF.

Maybe this year?
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Don't know what's going on in the big guy's head - but it's his hands that I care about, and they're failing him and the team.

He's a full forward, there are only 2 stats that matter: goals, and marks. The marks only because marks lead to goals. Since the NAB cup, he's been dropping uncontested marks, and been no threat of taking contested marks. The only exception's been against Essendon, where he climbed on a couple of backs.

He can be big and clumsy, mobile and hardworking, all these things, none of these things... but if he's not marking the ball, he's not getting many shots, and he's not scoring goals, then he's just filling structure.

The team has rarely needed him more, and he's in career worst form. For the sake of his career, I hope he's carrying something....

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

he just needs to watch it 10 times before each game for a confidence boost !

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re the OP, I think we have to be careful of becoming armchair psychologists.

It's easy to make a case that Kosi is this or that based on body language and facial expressions displayed over the course of 2 hours every week.

However I'm entrusting those at the club who see him on a daily basis; before, during and after training; before, during and after a match.

And if there is a problem that is greater than loss of form/confidence then I trust the leaders of the club to address it in a manner that is best for player and for club.

And while all of that is going on - GO KOSI!!!!!!!