A calm has descended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

every time i hear about collingwood in the media, i get a little concerned.

them with their closed trianing,their so called up side. commentatorsaying they will run away with the game. Hayes and goddard can't do it it a second time. manning up on goddard and fisher. etc etc

donthglfa
Club Player

Can feel the same thing and have been saying it to anyone who will listen....it just feels right....now here's the BUT , every now and then through the day when I see a news article or hear something on the radio about the GF I get that horrible sick in the guts feeling and a slight adrenalin spike, I don't know whether I like it or not :shock: what I do know is I wish Saturday would hurry up and arrive. Could only get standing room tickets so I hope i get to see some of it :D

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

I'm still not at all confident, they are still a very good team.. going to be another nervewracking game.

DWOODROW
Club Player

A few people I have spoken to think this weeks game is going to be a one sided affair. The Gf was intense and well it was a draw.

Others think someone is going to be a convincing winner this week. What are peoples thoughts on this.??

saintly
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:A few people I have spoken to think this weeks game is going to be a one sided affair. The Gf was intense and well it was a draw.

Others think someone is going to be a convincing winner this week. What are peoples thoughts on this.??
people i have been speakig with also think it will be one sided. some think the saints will win and most think collinwood will win handsomely

DWOODROW
Club Player

saintly wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:A few people I have spoken to think this weeks game is going to be a one sided affair. The Gf was intense and well it was a draw.

people i have been speakig with also think it will be one sided. some think the saints will win and most think collinwood will win handsomely
Kind of interesting really when you think of what the final result was and certain players not playing to their full potential. Can't say i think it will be one sided but I do think there will be a clear winner without extra time.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I think it'll be one-sided, and one-sided our way! Collingwood made their dash last week! Now it's our turn!! Still IMHO, Saints by 30+!!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm simply amazed at how willing 'experts' are to say Pies were down without acknowledging the fact we were running over the top of them despite being down a crucial rotation and without having Schneider, Milne, Roo, Montagna, Dal and Gram 'up'.

It's like people are looking to excuse Collingwood for a sub par effort.

Two arsey goals in a half is an abysmal return.

Surely that and St Kilda's second half dominance on the back of an altered strategy should be the talking point.

Instead it's all about how Collingwood didn't play to their potential.

It's very weird.

I know its difficult to detach oneself from St K biases but if you watch that 2nd half - I mean really watch it - there's a lot more white than stripe on the screen.

We had our hands on the ball, we were winning the 50% contests, we were a couple of weird bounces from a two goal win. And the thing was it wasn't what it could have been.

A few out on the fulls and a couple of poor options (Roo going to Joey with Gram free for instance).

All the while there kids disappeared, Harry O blew a heart valve, Jolly was rooted, and their usual team lifting suspects in Didak and Davis and the like were ineffective.

I mean I'm trying hard not to be TOO blinkered here, but we had them seriously rattled and rolled.

A good start for us on Saturday and I'd be amazed if they could recover in the manner we did. And if they do get the jump you can't help but think they'll sure as hell be looking over their shoulder the whole time thereafter.

I'm not being disrespectful to the Pies. They have had an awesome year and they have some real guns at their disposal, but I just think we have too many strong bodies who - now they know what to do - will execute to the letter.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I hope it's one sided.

Couldn't stand another close finish.

At least if it is us getting belted, I can leave early.......if it's them, well, it's time to plan the celebration!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Curious, are players not capable of a stinker two weeks in a row, and other players not capable of playing good games in succession? I keep hearing....

'Guys likes Swan and Didak had a quiet game, they will be better this week'

'Lenny and Goddard couldn't possibly play another game like that'

Why?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Curious, are players not capable of a stinker two weeks in a row, and other players not capable of playing good games in succession? I keep hearing....

'Guys likes Swan and Didak had a quiet game, they will be better this week'

'Lenny and Goddard couldn't possibly play another game like that'

Why?
Flabbergasting.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

It's rubbish..and Monty,Roo and Dal had relatively quite games...look out ;-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:It's like people are looking to excuse Collingwood for a sub par effort.
Egg. On. Face. They are looking for excuses, as most of the 'experts' are probably reasonably embarrassed their lofty calls of a lopsided Collingwood walkover were founded on nothing but a soft run home and a lot of hype.

Truth is, most non-Saints fans think St Kilda is Nick Riewoldt preceded by 44 years of nothing, and that's it. They don't know how the team plays, how it is driven, where it is going, nothing. Of course, if we blow it on Saturday, we'll vanish into the ether once again, everything achieved over the last 2-3 years will be forgotten, and our successes written off.

The Saints can't let the Pies get away with it, and I'm sure they won't.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

I'm simply amazed at how willing 'experts' are to say Pies were down without acknowledging the fact we were running over the top of them despite being down a crucial rotation and without having Schneider, Milne, Roo, Montagna, Dal and Gram 'up'.

It's like people are looking to excuse Collingwood for a sub par effort.

Two arsey goals in a half is an abysmal return.

Surely that and St Kilda's second half dominance on the back of an altered strategy should be the talking point.

Instead it's all about how Collingwood didn't play to their potential.

It's very weird.

I know its difficult to detach oneself from St K biases but if you watch that 2nd half - I mean really watch it - there's a lot more white than stripe on the screen.

We had our hands on the ball, we were winning the 50% contests, we were a couple of weird bounces from a two goal win. And the thing was it wasn't what it could have been.

A few out on the fulls and a couple of poor options (Roo going to Joey with Gram free for instance).

All the while there kids disappeared, Harry O blew a heart valve, Jolly was rooted, and their usual team lifting suspects in Didak and Davis and the like were ineffective.

I mean I'm trying hard not to be TOO blinkered here, but we had them seriously rattled and rolled.

A good start for us on Saturday and I'd be amazed if they could recover in the manner we did. And if they do get the jump you can't help but think they'll sure as hell be looking over their shoulder the whole time thereafter.

I'm not being disrespectful to the Pies. They have had an awesome year and they have some real guns at their disposal, but I just think we have too many strong bodies who - now they know what to do - will execute to the letter.
A lot of experts have changed who will win so I dont get were you are coming from.