Official delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Stanley might be 202cm but a ruckman he is not, he's a tall forward. Patto was a bit stiff and probably needed to be on the books for another season as insurance. Blake is wasted in the ruck and Kosi is now just an ordinary player who would struggle to get a game in most teams, so the ruck stocks are thin with Gards being older and slower. I expect Big Ben to continually improve over the next few years which will be real bonus.

SaintTom
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:They also forgot to mention Allen and Fisher from the rookie list.
http://www.saints.com.au/players/tabid/ ... fault.aspx

Allen and Fisher still on the rookie list - for whatever reason. Housekeeping has been done on Hutchings and McGrath, and King and Patto from the seniors.

Simpkin is senior-listed, as is Walsh. Don't they have to spend a draft pick each for this?
Well Fisher and Allen will be off the list. I dont think they have upgraded Walsh at the moment. Simpkin will be our last pick in the draft.
I thought Walsh got promoted to the senior list toward the end of the season? Around round 20?

hotdish
Club Player

SaintTom wrote: I thought Walsh got promoted to the senior list toward the end of the season? Around round 20?
He was promoted due to a long-term injury, so it was temporary - he hasn't been permanently upgraded, thus after the Grand Final he theoretically returned to the rookie list.

busso mick
Club Player

On our website Tommy is on our senior list, it appears to be up to date with our delistings.

http://www.saints.com.au/seniors/tabid/ ... fault.aspx

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:On our website Tommy is on our senior list, it appears to be up to date with our delistings.

http://www.saints.com.au/seniors/tabid/ ... fault.aspx
Well in the latest release they only had Simpkin upgraded.

SaintTom
Club Player

hotdish wrote:
SaintTom wrote: I thought Walsh got promoted to the senior list toward the end of the season? Around round 20?
He was promoted due to a long-term injury, so it was temporary - he hasn't been permanently upgraded, thus after the Grand Final he theoretically returned to the rookie list.
Ah k, makes sense. Thanks. Seems like a waste to have promoted him in the first place then...he was never going to play before the Grand Final?

vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:Gaertner still on rookie list and has done ok with Sandy all year with Blake being out for some of the year with injury
If we nominate him for a third year, he's going to have to go through the draft. I can't imagine anyone would pick him up, unless freo wanted to keep him away from Pavlich.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Gaertner still on rookie list and has done ok with Sandy all year with Blake being out for some of the year with injury
If we nominate him for a third year, he's going to have to go through the draft. I can't imagine anyone would pick him up, unless freo wanted to keep him away from Pavlich.

Pretty sure you can now get 3 years without going through the draft. The other question is will others be delisted. We have 4 senior and 4 rookies delisted and with Simpkin going up, that gives 3 picks which will probably be it. it also gives us 4 in the rookie draft. The only possible person who could be delisted is Cahill as Miles probably saved himself with his last 2 games.

St Lenny
Club Player

I thought Fisher and Allen were delisted last year, but kept on the rookie list because of the salary cap? Pretty sure Walsh was upgraded a few months back, remember an article congratulating him.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe how many people like Patto.

He is rubbish, a hopeless footballer - a throwback to the 90's IMO.

No loss at all.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Can't believe how many people like Patto.

He is rubbish, a hopeless footballer - a throwback to the 90's IMO.

No loss at all.
What has 90's got to do with it.

saint4life
donthglfa
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:I thought they would keep Pato for insurance due to King and Gardi being suspect
Yeah king is a bit suspect :shock: :shock: :shock:

Rice Paper
Club Player

I guess that makes it official. Last year was the worst draft in the clubs history with 3 players already gone out of 4.

I would use Geartner in the ruck at Sandringham, he is 200cm and is pretty mobile. Walsh could be the player at full back in the future, if Brown can play ruck than why not Geartner to see what he's got.

The supporters needs to hear from Ross and Hutchison about our draft / recruiting strategy just to reassure the fans leading up to the membership drive and the 50K members, which will be based around young players helping the club in the coming year. The administration needs to start selling some hope, to get up to 50K.

Saintersss
Club Player

spert wrote:Stanley might be 202cm but a ruckman he is not, he's a tall forward. Patto was a bit stiff and probably needed to be on the books for another season as insurance. Blake is wasted in the ruck and Kosi is now just an ordinary player who would struggle to get a game in most teams, so the ruck stocks are thin with Gards being older and slower. I expect Big Ben to continually improve over the next few years which will be real bonus.
Actually Stanley was a ruckman in all his junior years and played as a ruckman quite well in his first year at the club in the VFL.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official delistings

saintbrat wrote:http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx
Senior list
Steven King - retired
Jesse Smith - retired
Adam Pattison - delisted
Andrew Lovett - delisted

Rookie list
Mark Hutchings - delisted
Blake McGrath - delisted

Primary list elevation
Tom Simpkin

Bad luck to Mark and Blake- - hope you can both continue somewhere else in football- all the best
what about miles?

SaintWodonga
Club Player

When was Simpkin elevated? Today?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Senior list
Steven King - retired
Jesse Smith - retired
Adam Pattison - delisted
Andrew Lovett - delisted

Rookie list
Blake McGrath - delisted

Primary list elevation
Tom Simpkin

Bad luck to Mark and Blake- - hope you can both continue somewhere else in football- all the best
what about miles?
I think you made the same mistake as me. He was promoted last year and at the moment hasnt been delisted.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintly wrote:
Senior list
Steven King - retired
Jesse Smith - retired
Adam Pattison - delisted
Andrew Lovett - delisted

Rookie list
Blake McGrath - delisted

Primary list elevation
Tom Simpkin

what about miles?
I think you made the same mistake as me. He was promoted last year and at the moment hasnt been delisted.
yep got confused between the elevations from the rookie list during the year and the fact that he played 2 games this year. whereas last he was a rookie got elevated during the year and played no games.

why not fisher and Allen off the rookie list?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintly wrote:
Senior list
Steven King - retired
Jesse Smith - retired
Adam Pattison - delisted
Andrew Lovett - delisted

Rookie list
Blake McGrath - delisted

Primary list elevation
Tom Simpkin

what about miles?
yep got confused between the elevations from the rookie list during the year and the fact that he played 2 games this year. whereas last he was a rookie got elevated during the year and played no games.

why not fisher and Allen off the rookie list?
Got no idea but they are gone for sure. maybe they forgot about them as both only were on it due to contract reasons.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

The games Patto played for us this year were generally serviceable.

Not surprised with the delisting.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Do clubs sometimes delist, with the view to pick them up again?

Or is Patto gone gone?

Batnoe
Club Player

There will be plenty of other players that nominate for the draft from other teams

i would suspect we havent delisted our whole quota and there will be more

I would think Johnson and Cahill could also be a chance and if Baker's twitter about last time he packs the bag is true then we will have another 3 picks

Simpkin and Walsh on senior list, we can either put them back onto Rookie list and that will free up a spot as we have to promote them fully, even though they were done during the year

Allen and Fisher are also gone... so that will come also

Carn Saints
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I'm very surprised at Hutchings' delisting. I thought he looked very promising. Was pretty solid in his handful of games at VFL senior level before getting injured, and was looking very good in the VFL ressies. Surprised we'd keep him ahead of Archer...

The Saints are coming!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
I would think Johnson and Cahill could also be a chance and if Baker's twitter about last time he packs the bag is true then we will have another 3 picks
My feeling on that twitter was that it was about This years bag- He also tweeted that he was happy to be looking forward to that 200th game..
first list lodgement
Friday 29 October, 2pm List lodgement one. Rookie promotions, retained second-year rookies, retained third-year international rookies, retained third-year non-registered rookies
then another in November and last one in mid Dec- final list

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

With King, Pattison and McGrath gone you can be certain we'll pick up a ruckman or two. Probably an experienced one and a kid.

Hopefully we'll cut our losses with Cahill and Johnson and get a couple of extra kids. Bakes should call it quits as well; i'd rather see Smith/Geary get the gig next year.