Possible Team this week vs. Essendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

What do we think of Al Smith coming in to replace Jones to lock down Watson???

Too much for a first gamer??

Given Jones's form, I'd back Smith to more impact going the other way, he uses the ball better and his pace would worry Watson (but so would CJ's).

bigred
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:Im just waiting for WW3 to break out on here when...

In: Schneider
Out: Hayes (inj)

...is the only change..and its quite possible 8-)
If you really want WW3 we need two changes, what you said plus mini in for a non lovechild out!
No, if you really want WW3 to break out we will have Rob Eddy elevated from the rookie list for Lenny, and he gets picked along with Mini this week.

That would bring WW3 upon us.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

lock it in.....

lol

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Far out can you imagine?

It could happen.

With Baker out...Lyon would be thinking about Eddy as a replacement.

You know it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh i know it
most def know it
kinda called it in a thread earlier
forgot eddy would need to be elevated thou, and then thought it prob wouldnt happen

but then again.....
mini will def come in i reckon
well if we see an article on eddy getting the lift , we'll soon know whats coming :?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Here's a thought, why not give Gilbert a midfield role, play him s a wingman.
That way he can drift down back as an extra defender as well as drifting forward.
He has the height and pace to be very effective in this role.
I could have sworn he started in the middel one time last week... Got a centre clearance.

That or i wasnt paying attention properly.....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Here's a thought, why not give Gilbert a midfield role, play him s a wingman.
That way he can drift down back as an extra defender as well as drifting forward.
I could have sworn he started in the middel one time last week... Got a centre clearance.

That or i wasnt paying attention properly.....
I remember that too, the stats say he had 4...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... 1d2wi.html

No Bakes

So I'd personally go with

Out Hayes Baker (inj) Blake
In Schneider Steven Cripps

If they made the decision to bring in Darch, I don't think they would of brought him in to then drop him for Kosi the week following, Kosi will probably be back after the bye?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

We'd probably be awesome there, but I'd still much prefer to give him some more weeks in the forward line, at the very least until Kosi comes back.
Roo gets monstered, otherwise.
Gilbo just needs to suck it up and play the role the team needs him to play and do it to the best of his ability.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Hille is out for Essendon, and he is one of their key drivers. I would like to see Peake out and another young recruit get a game, but it wont happen.
Is Hille confirmed out? Because they're seriously about 4-5 goals better when he plays. He has such a presence and they just seem to lift so much when he plays.
And I'm not sure leaving out our fastest (Peake) is a great idea when we're coming up against probably the quickest team in the comp, who continually beat us with their speed.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Footy's great - everyone has an opinion.

What's needed this week - speed and firepower up front.

Lynch for injured Baker.
Armitage for Hayes
Steven (interchange) for Jones
Kosi for Archer
Sneider in.

Sub - Blake
Out - Jones & Archer

Can both Sneider & Kosi play a full game? Essendon forward line is small & fast, hence Blake to sub - perhaps ruck option late in game. Retain Dempster this week against smalls. :roll:

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Time for some fresh players...

OUTS:
BAKER inj out
BLAKE too slow out
JONES severly out of form out
GAMBLE another CATs gumby out
HAYES I cant believe he isn't having the LARS surgery at best he has two year left.

INS:
Robert EDDY elevated and into the Back Pocket position to replace Baker
LYNCH or SIMPKIN to replace Blake (depending on match ups)
STEVENS or CRIPPS to replace Jones
SCHNEIDER to replace Lenny
KOSI to replace GAMBLE.

I would leave ARCHER in and play a tall forward line against the Bombers with ROO, KOSI and ARCHER.

Rotate McEVOY, KOSI and ARCHER thru the ruck.
Rotate SCHNEIDER and STEVENS thru midfield.
Use Farren RAY As our stopper.
Put GILBERT up onto the wing.

Dempster only survives as he can play on smalls.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
noob
Club Player

I would seriously not put an under done kosi in the team. Has he even played any game time in the ressies yet? with his ankle injury carrying into the finals last year he was very poor. Although he could be fresh I'd rather someone constantly putting pressure on the opposition defence.. Don't think kosi could last more than a half without any game time.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time for some fresh players...

WinnersOnly wrote:OUTS:
BAKER inj out
BLAKE too slow out
HAYES I cant believe he isn't having the LARS surgery at best he has two year left.

INS:
KOSI to replace GAMBLE.

I would leave ARCHER in and play a tall forward line against the Bombers with ROO, KOSI and ARCHER.

Ray as a stopper?

Strewth...

Kosi will surely need a game at Sandy. I think that's what's been intimated anyway. Would be amazed if they let him loose untried.

Archer stays in, yep.

I'd get Schneider and Milne to rotate through the middle. Both are quick and creative and Milne went okay further up the ground last week. Gamble's presence may allow?

Lynch for Baker. Dempster luckiest bloke ever. Did he actually catch a single ball last week? Shocker....

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:INS:
Smith should come in for Baker.

The guy's done everything right for some time now but can't get a sniff. Has a lot more upside than Eddy.

Mini and Eddy have had heaps of chances over the last few years. Fair dinkum, some times it's like playing with a list of 26 rather than 38.

We need to give the other kids a chance to come in and succeed, or if necessary, fail.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

noob wrote:I would seriously not put an under done kosi in the team. Has he even played any game time in the ressies yet? with his ankle injury carrying into the finals last year he was very poor. Although he could be fresh I'd rather someone constantly putting pressure on the opposition defence.. Don't think kosi could last more than a half without any game time.
Maybe he could be eased into it as the "sub" then?
Imagine letting him loose on them in the 3rd quarter, or whatever. He'd be champing at the bit by then and it would surely give us a bit of a lift and take a load of McEvoy and Roo, in the process.
Then he could hopefully play a full game in the VFL, the following week, or don't they allow that?
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Wed 06 Apr 2011 1:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

WinnersOnly wrote: HAYES I cant believe he isn't having the LARS surgery at best he has two year left.
Lenny isn't having LARS because none of his ACL was left, or whatever, otherwise he surely would have.
Some of it has to be there/connected, or whatever, for LARS to be an option and that was not the case, apparently. A major bummer.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Yes, Mini & Eddy have had their opportunities. Young guys need to be given a chance, as long as we don't overload games with inexperience. Better to have "goers" than "triers." :roll:

Kosi is certainly a question mark re. his ability to run out a full game. Sneider's conditioning adds to this concern from a team perspective.

Speed and Essendon's small man coverage is a key, so Peake and Dempster should get another week. Blake is therefore the sub this week for mine - can ruck later in the game if necessary. Hill will be out this week according to Essendon website.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
noob wrote:I would seriously not put an under done kosi in the team. Has he even played any game time in the ressies yet? with his ankle injury carrying into the finals last year he was very poor. Although he could be fresh I'd rather someone constantly putting pressure on the opposition defence.. Don't think kosi could last more than a half without any game time.
Maybe he could be eased into it as the "sub" then?
Imagine letting him loose on them in the 3rd quarter, or whatever. He'd be champing at the bit by then and it would surely give us a bit of a lift and take a load of McEvoy and Roo, in the process.
Then he could hopefully play a full game in the VFL, the following week, or don't they allow that?
Because if you lose a mid to injury you're stuffed...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

That's the gamble. We could stack the starting 21 with them, though, if you wanted Kosi to come in late in the game. Maybe leave someone like Blake out of the team altogether and bring in an extra "mid".
The other gamble with this of course, would be if we got an injury early and Kosi was required for the majority of the game. Considering how safe we usually play things, this probably won't happen.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

gamble out already?
after 2 games?

wow
tough crowd :?

older saint
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:OUTS:
BAKER inj out
BLAKE too slow out

INS:
KOSI to replace GAMBLE.

Ray as a stopper?

Strewth...

Kosi will surely need a game at Sandy. I think that's what's been intimated anyway. Would be amazed if they let him loose untried.

Archer stays in, yep.

I'd get Schneider and Milne to rotate through the middle. Both are quick and creative and Milne went okay further up the ground last week. Gamble's presence may allow?

Lynch for Baker. Dempster luckiest bloke ever. Did he actually catch a single ball last week? Shocker....
Ray as a stopper yes. I actually think this is a real role he could play rather than a bit player.

See 2nd half 2010 Drawn Grand Final - Swan did Sweet FA when Ray went on him

saintbob
SS Life Member

INS: Smith, Cripps, Steven and possibly Lynch

OUTS: Hayes, Peake, Gram, Jones and Baker(only if injured)

I don't care if Gram and Peake are two our quicker players as both of them butcher the ball. Should finish their careers with McQualter at the Zebra's!!'

I'll also say that if RL elevates Eddy from the rookie list, I'll tear up my Membership and post it back to the club.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: I'll also say that if RL elevates Eddy from the rookie list, I'll tear up my Membership card and post it back to the club.
Seriously? :shock:

saintbob
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
saintbob wrote: I'll also say that if RL elevates Eddy from the rookie list, I'll tear up my Membership card and post it back to the club.
Seriously? :shock:
Without any hesitation what so ever!!!!