A fish rots at the head first

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

They recruited Hudghton,
finally !!!! ...

but lets edit that for accuracy

they recruited max AND luke ... a back and a mid ... we gave the filth our
intellectual property on a plate ... for free

we get what we deserve ... which is nutt'n.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bozza1980
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: If I had wanted Lyon to be sacked, my post would have said "SACK LYON"

I dont think Lyon should be sacked, I believe he must go!
Surely you are playing word games here.

"No I don't want him sacked, I just don't want him to be coach anymore..."

I can't see the man who 5 games ago was the bounce of a ball from being a premiership coach resigning, and you don't want him sacked but you don't want him coaching the footy club, what a mess....

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
St Igmata
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:
St Igmata wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
St Igmata wrote:RL's list wasnt flash when he came in.
Years of poor llist management meant it just wasnt in a healthy state.
He was smart enough to understand the game was in transition and that if he can protect the lack od speed he wwould be competitive against teams less organised and set up.
So he used an extention of a gameplan he knew so well, which had delivered a flag to the Swans with an average list.
The gameplan worked and was a bees dick off 2 flags.
Unfortunately the list is even more underdeveloped now and other clubs have caught up.
So he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Not an easy task.
But he did well.
he did well - but a better coach would have a flag or two by now - as it is ross has overseen the most talented top ten we have ever had, topped them up with spuds, ignored some better, younger talent, drilled a boring game style suited to the spuds he recruited, drove away our second best hard ball getter, recruited a drunken woman basher as his replacement, left an inspirational fullback on the bench in his last game and gf, panicked when that final was in grasp, and got us to...second. twice!
time to go. time for the boys to enjoy their footy again.
almost a legend - very unlucky - footy's a hard gig...

unless we believe he can develop a new game plan and develop the players capable of pulling it off - in the next two years.
Get real!
If someone told u when Ross Lyon started he will lead Saints to 2 GFs that can go either way you wouldnt have believed it back then.
Alot of players were long in the tooth and nothing coming through.
no - didn't think much of ross - he was better than i first thought. but i always thought this team had a premiership or two in them - not just a couple of close loses.
he had a great nucleus who have played what should have been their peak years under him - a better coach would've done more with them.
Riewoldt
Kosi
Goddard
Fisher
Hayes
Ball
Dal
Joey
Baker
Milne
Blake
Gilbert
Gram
you might argue over one or two there - but he still also had a couple of years with harvey & max.

if he couldn't get this team to a flag do you really believe he can get one out of their prime?
Gram?
Gilbert?
Baker?
Milne?
Ball?
Kosi?

Look some of those guys were shot.
Or lazy.
Or nobodies
He created an environment where work ethic was immense.

The guy before him had the team to take the flag.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

desertsaint wrote:he did well - but a better coach would have a flag or two by now - as it is ross has overseen the most talented top ten we have ever had, topped them up with spuds, ignored some better, younger talent, drilled a boring game style suited to the spuds he recruited, drove away our second best hard ball getter, recruited a drunken woman basher as his replacement, left an inspirational fullback on the bench in his last game and gf, panicked when that final was in grasp, and got us to...second. twice!
Fantasyland.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

The guy before him had the team to take the flag.
he did - although the guys listed were young and raw - but whether limited coaching nous or bad luck with injuries - he didn't.
both coaches had a team more than capable of winning it.
at least ross got us a shot. but it still aint enough.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

bozza1980 wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: If I had wanted Lyon to be sacked, my post would have said "SACK LYON"

Surely you are playing word games here.

"No I don't want him sacked, I just don't want him to be coach anymore..."

I can't see the man who 5 games ago was the bounce of a ball from being a premiership coach resigning, and you don't want him sacked but you don't want him coaching the footy club, what a mess....
Not only do I think Lyon should resign, I think he will. The current playing list have shown, with their off field behaviour, that they dont have the discipline required to succeed at AFL level. As coach Ross Lyon is ultimately responsible, and the team's performances rest squarely on his head. His inability to get the best out of his players, his bloody mindedness in not being prepared to think outside the square and his continually being outcoached by opposition coaches all point to the Ichthyoid starting to decompose... and I think he knows it! So long Ross and thanks for all the fish!!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Why is it with the saints that you think once we start losing some games we shoudl sack the coach, thats all the saints have done in the past. Maybe we shoudl stick with Ross, stick with a coach for a change.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Why is it with the saints that you think once we start losing some games we shoudl sack the coach, thats all the saints have done in the past. Maybe we shoudl stick with Ross, stick with a coach for a change.
So, Clarky... which one are you?? stupid or illiterate?? Read the thread again and you will see that nobody ever said the coach should be sacked!

FFS... :roll: :roll: :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

In both grand finals the opportunity to win was there.

They just didn't win.

That might be hard for some to swallow.

But the opportunity to win was there, and twice.

If the coach provides the team with the opportunity to win, two years in succession, how can you then pretend he didn't.

That's why it is so painful for the players, because there is no way you can argue otherwise.

The list, game plan, and coaching staff....presented two windows of opportunity to win grand finals.

They weren't just beyond grasp, they were within grasp.

:(

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Ross is one of if not the best coach in the league. He'll figure something out whether it's getting us back on track for the top four, or tanking :idea:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I feel for Dool's goldfish, Stephen and Milne, after reading the heading of this thread :)

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Why is it with the saints that you think once we start losing some games we shoudl sack the coach, thats all the saints have done in the past. Maybe we shoudl stick with Ross, stick with a coach for a change.
So, Clarky... which one are you?? stupid or illiterate?? Read the thread again and you will see that nobody ever said the coach should be sacked!

FFS... :roll: :roll: :roll:
yeah you think Lyon must go, you think he must go but you dont think he should be sacked. So you think it would be best if he just leaves on his own accord?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Yeah, RL must go ...and buy some milk tonight before he gets home, so he can have a cup of coffee in the morning.
I see it different. Tonight showed me just how good Lyon has been the last 4 years. He developed a game plan that took the entire competition unawares. Collingwood were the first to catch on. They recruited Hudghton, and I firmly believe he taught this game plan to the pies. Malthouse can bang on about how he was developing this game plan for 3 years but I don't buy it. His was essentially a man on man game plan. Lyon introduced the fwd press and basically took Clarkson's cluster to a new and better extreme.

One on one the saints just aren't that good, particularly our backs. I noticed last year that when our backs didn't have that extra support they were often beaten. Tonight stood out like a sore thumb. For Lyon not only to design a game plan that has changed the entire way the game is played, but to come within a bees dick of 2 flags with a list with now obvious limitations is amazing.

Ppl can prattle on about certain players, but the truth is there is no-one better to replace them with. WE're just going to have to suck it up and hope like hell that Ledger, Winmar, Smith, Cripps and Walsh all turn out to be prodigy's.

To the original OP - if you don't want Lyon sacked then what did you mean? Sacking Lyon would be one of the biggest mistakes in our club's sad history, and there's been a few made.
If I had wanted Lyon to be sacked, my post would have said "SACK LYON"

He obviously doesnt think Ross should be coaching St Kilda in 2012,

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
Moods wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Yeah, RL must go ...and buy some milk tonight before he gets home, so he can have a cup of coffee in the morning.
I see it different. Tonight showed me just how good Lyon has been the last 4 years. He developed a game plan that took the entire competition unawares. Collingwood were the first to catch on. They recruited Hudghton, and I firmly believe he taught this game plan to the pies. Malthouse can bang on about how he was developing this game plan for 3 years but I don't buy it. His was essentially a man on man game plan. Lyon introduced the fwd press and basically took Clarkson's cluster to a new and better extreme.

One on one the saints just aren't that good, particularly our backs. I noticed last year that when our backs didn't have that extra support they were often beaten. Tonight stood out like a sore thumb. For Lyon not only to design a game plan that has changed the entire way the game is played, but to come within a bees dick of 2 flags with a list with now obvious limitations is amazing.

Ppl can prattle on about certain players, but the truth is there is no-one better to replace them with. WE're just going to have to suck it up and hope like hell that Ledger, Winmar, Smith, Cripps and Walsh all turn out to be prodigy's.

To the original OP - if you don't want Lyon sacked then what did you mean? Sacking Lyon would be one of the biggest mistakes in our club's sad history, and there's been a few made.
If I had wanted Lyon to be sacked, my post would have said "SACK LYON"

He obviously doesnt think Ross should be coaching St Kilda in 2012,
I think Ross Lyon should leave St Kilda for his own good, hence my original statement, "Lyon must go"

:roll: :roll:

Middo
Club Player

Re: A fish rots at the head first

Middo wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Lyon must go.

That is all...

:shock:

Gary Lyon...?

438 posts and thats all you can come up with...?
I'm sorry... I wasnt aware there was a rule that says I have to go on with sentence after sentence of mindless drivel like many posters here do.

I posted my opinion. If you cant make a contribution without being a smart arse then it's probably best you dont post at all!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Why post half a sentence and not finish it...?

So he should be sacked but your not saying it , or you saying he should be sacked but won't be or he should resign but won't or he will resign if asked , or mabye he will just hang them up or wonder if its all to hard..? I know opinions are like arseholes we all have one but at least some people explain what they mean and not try to be clever.... :? :?

Your a Dumb Arse that is all... :wink:
Last edited by Middo on Mon 11 Apr 2011 10:14am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:I feel for Dool's goldfish, Stephen and Milne, after reading the heading of this thread :)
lol
hey least they got fed at a decent time :)

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Re: A fish rots at the head first

Middo wrote:
Middo wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Lyon must go.

That is all...

:shock:

Gary Lyon...?

438 posts and thats all you can come up with...?
I'm sorry... I wasnt aware there was a rule that says I have to go on with sentence after sentence of mindless drivel like many posters here do.

I posted my opinion. If you cant make a contribution without being a smart arse then it's probably best you dont post at all!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Why post half a sentence and not finish it...?

So he should be sacked but your not saying it , or you saying he should be sacked but won't be or he should resign but won't or he will resign if asked , or mabye he will just hang them up or wonder if its all to hard..? I know opinions are like arseholes we all have one but at least some people explain what they mean and not try to be clever.... :? :?

Your a Dumb Arse that is all... :wink:
I repeat... if you cannot make a valuable contribution and can only be rude and abusive at those who express an opinion then perhaps you shouldnt be here. Go join the Collingwood forum where you will be in good company with other similar half witted morons! !